• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ZSS General Discussion

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
So, did you guys know that after ZSS fast-falls, she can use her up-b to return to a normal fall speed again?
I didn't.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Me neither.
Did you guys know that ZSS can jump before landing after downB? I did, and it's really ****, but I never see it being used :(

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
YbM looks like Will Smith. Fresh Prince era.

Pretty sure that's the polar opposite of a baby.

Y.b.M.

Smash Master
Well honestly... I never do money matches... But I'll have a serious friendly set with you... that has pride on the line...

We'll have a "My ZSS is better than yours Match"....

Then afterwards take a picture with all the other ZSS Mains...Sound like a Plan?

ksizl4life

Smash Hero
Hey guys, Ksizzle here.

Ive recently taken a liking to ZSS and have been playing with her alot. She's very fun and i think she fits me well since my whole entire playstyle is basically reading habits and punishing them too. I feel zss has AMAZING punishing tools and her aerial offense is just too good

also shes hot

so today i was messing around with her and for the heck of it when i knew id catch the mk in a dsmash, so i went for it 3 times

so i did 3 d smashes starting around 98 and i did up air very fast. the mk died and i asked him if he tried to get out of it and he said yea by air dodging and DIing after stun.

ive been practicing for an hour now and it looks like its guaranteed. i have a dazzlle so its recording atm

only reason im posting this info is cuz ive asked a couple people if they know about this and theyve said no, like snakeee for instance. ive also never seen a zss use this. i think its great especially since it catches them off guard like for example

if you d smash someone twice they expect to get hit by bair if they are at kill percent right? they wont expect a 3rd d smash and then the very fast up air so while they are trying to DI for the bair they'll be holding up for a much quicker death :D

anyways ZSS is awesome. Gonna try and use her at MLG. :)

I guess ill post the vids here

if this is already known and im a noob, sorry for wasting ur time :p

heres just a vid on falco. in training mode. bro tried to air dodge and di and stuff.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7kDLZzMXBM

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
Hey ksiz:

Yeah, dsmashx3 is guaranteed at high percentages but we don't usually try to do it (or I don't) because followups aren't usually guaranteed at least as far as I knew. Nice find on that though! ZSS can always use kill setups.

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
yeah i see what you mean but thanks! :D

also another vid

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Y1V275R3Ok
The only problem is, you're almost never guaranteed to get a d-smash. Most ZSS's reaction time isn't good enough to check for a hit confirm first. :(
Also, the amount your d-smash is diminished reduces stun time, so for people like me it wouldn't work well.
Good **** though, I'll do it to you at MLG. :D

solecalibur

Smash Master
Woo! Another Zss 2ndary or 3rdary or even main =p

they uair follow up seems legit but did you have the MK in the video do a fast aireal that might be able to break free from it? (IE nair)

noradseven

Smash Lord
The only problem is, you're almost never guaranteed to get a d-smash. Most ZSS's reaction time isn't good enough to check for a hit confirm first. :(
Also, the amount your d-smash is diminished reduces stun time, so for people like me it wouldn't work well.
Good **** though, I'll do it to you at MLG. :D
My over B is normally fresh, so I just go d-smash x2, over B instead for the kill.

Snakeee

Smash Master
Good find Kelvin.

D-smash/Side B suck though and you should just lose a stock every time you get hit with them. Actually, if you can't beat those moves you should off yourself and jump off a bridge.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
Good find Kelvin.

D-smash/Side B suck though and you should just lose a stock every time you get hit with them. Actually, if you can't beat those moves you should off yourself and jump off a bridge.
OH LORD.

I burst out laughing IRL, good sir.

shlike

Smash Ace
lmao nick and snakeee play and think completely differently

i love it

I on the other hand spam spotdodge utilt like a noob and get punished

also does anyone else love shield staredowns where you think to yourself : "DONT GET GRABBED" and you end up getting grabbed?

ITS THE BEST

Nefarious B

Smash Champion
Yeah that is new I think, good find!

And yeah Nick to elaborate on what SFP said, it's kinda true that dsmash staled has less stun time. Stun time is purely based on how much % the opponent has, and since a stale dsmash gives less %, it is technically less. The different between 2-3% though is not even noticeable though so realistically it doesn't change anything.

Y.b.M.

Smash Master
I've always done Dsmash 3 times against my opponents when they came within killing range... I never thought that it was something major though... just a preferred battle tactic since they have to be at high percentages...

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
Nefarious, that just isn't true. Stun time is based purely (like you said) on the amount of percent the opponent has. So if an opponent is at 120% and you dsmash them, it doesn't matter if the dsmash you used did 11% or 5%, the stun duration isn't going to change because stun time is calculated based on the damage level they are currently at and not at the damage level they are at after the damage is taken. The second or third dsmash in a dsmash chain doesn't add any stun time. The only time I can see this being relevant is the Fox dsmash chain in which each dsmash would stun for less time than it would in training mode (by literally milliseconds) because the attacks would stale.

What is a bigger concern to me where ksizzle's discovery is concerned is that obviously uair isn't going to be fresh all the time and doesn't really kill if it's stale. Maybe fair is a better idea, but it's so easy to DI out of. =/

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
lmao nick and snakeee play and think completely differently

i love it

I on the other hand spam spotdodge utilt like a noob and get punished

also does anyone else love shield staredowns where you think to yourself : "DONT GET GRABBED" and you end up getting grabbed?

ITS THE BEST
Shield-pop, son.
It'll blow minds.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
Nefarious, that just isn't true. Stun time is based purely (like you said) on the amount of percent the opponent has. So if an opponent is at 120% and you dsmash them, it doesn't matter if the dsmash you used did 11% or 5%, the stun duration isn't going to change because stun time is calculated based on the damage level they are currently at and not at the damage level they are at after the damage is taken. The second or third dsmash in a dsmash chain doesn't add any stun time. The only time I can see this being relevant is the Fox dsmash chain in which each dsmash would stun for less time than it would in training mode (by literally milliseconds) because the attacks would stale.

What is a bigger concern to me where ksizzle's discovery is concerned is that obviously uair isn't going to be fresh all the time and doesn't really kill if it's stale. Maybe fair is a better idea, but it's so easy to DI out of. =/
Nair.

Even if you've been overusing it... IT NEVER STALES!!!! Mwahahahahhahaha

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
Good find Kelvin.

Ay yo, who from your region is going to MLG?
I wanna see how good they are at PSing my stuff.

solecalibur

Smash Master
After using common sense, wouldnt this work with characters with about the same class as of metaknights? IE (Dont quote me dont know weight class exactly) Kirby, Pikachu, diddy kong, link
or would this work on all characters depending on the %

LoliLovesRain

Smash Master
sorry if this sounds dumb but...do you guys leave the tap jump button on or off? cuz someone told me it was bttr off cuz of the whole dbl jump something i dunno :-(

Zero

Smash Hero
I have it off. Easy utilt OOS, more controlled aerial movement and no "random" second jumping is too good to pass up. Since upB OOS is pretty much worthless with our character, there's really no advantage to having tap jump on.

Snakeee

Smash Master
Ay yo, who from your region is going to MLG?
I wanna see how good they are at PSing my stuff.
I'm going also. We should play. I don't have anything against you btw, but I just honestly feel that you're relying on my old gimmicks too much, and FL isn't exploiting that yet. I was obv exaggerating on that post.

Top Bottom