• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ZSS General Discussion

CO18

Smash Hero
Pretty sure snake beats zss 6:4 as long as the snake stays campy and doesnt run into baits it seems pretty bad for zero suit as long as the snake doesnt recover to predictably.

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
CO18 I can see why you'd think so, but I really think more people need to take Dazwa's approach to the match-up and it becomes very clear that it's quite even... I guess there's no reason to argue about it though, people will either agree with me or they won't, no amount of talking will fix it. :p

Zero

Smash Hero
Marth vs ZSS is in Marth's favour, only slightly. Marth can gimp us as easily as MK can, not to mention Marth's stupid aerial zoning and ground pressure.

That being said, Frankie *****, MikeHAZE sux. ^^

@evan: How do you get past an infinite wall of grenades as ZSS? If there's a solution that works, then I will forever agree with you that Snake:ZSS is even.

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
I actually think the grenades are only as big a deal as you make them. So you take 3-4 damage approaching him when a grenade hits, one hit on Snake leads to like a 30% move string. Granted his tilts even it up really fast. ZSS is fast though and can easily approach through the grenades as long as you don't play dumb.

CO18

Smash Hero
How can zss approach? All she has is like dash attack then just trying to airdodge at you and stuff. Dont see what she can do realistically on neutrals snake def wins imo

All she has is baits and gimmick gimps *cough nickriddle cough* WONT WORK AGAIN

fkacyan

Smash Hero
I actually think the grenades are only as big a deal as you make them. So you take 3-4 damage approaching him when a grenade hits, one hit on Snake leads to like a 30% move string. Granted his tilts even it up really fast. ZSS is fast though and can easily approach through the grenades as long as you don't play dumb.
The issue isn't building percent, it's killing him once he's high. If you're playing the MU properly Uair is gonna be really, really weak so that probably won't kill him, sideB is too slow to land a kill, and his utilt can hit us for bairing his shield unless we space it perfectly in which case he can ftilt.

The main use of nades in this matchup isn't as much to wall you from approaching but to force you to hit the nades to hit him... and if we both get % at the same rate, he's winning, because he kills us a lot faster than he kills us.

Every time I play this matchup I really feel like I have to DO SERIOUS WORK to do as well as the Snake.

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
How can zss approach? All she has is like dash attack then just trying to airdodge at you and stuff. Dont see what she can do realistically on neutrals snake def wins imo

All she has is baits and gimmick gimps *cough nickriddle cough* WONT WORK AGAIN
It will not work again, but I have like 5 more, son.
Plus, on my CP, you were done.
<3

Nefarious B

Smash Champion
Rising bair and then retreating seems really safe against Snake, his best option is to DA after you and then you can do a second landing bair which usually beats or trades with his DA. If you space a falling bair correctly we should be able to down b away or shield without being punished. I think rising bair in general is really really good against tall characters we can hit it with, it doesn't have the problem of being easy to predict and PS like falling aerials do.

Sovereign

Game Reaper
NNID
Sovereign90
Guys, I have an MM against Count, coming up on the 24th. Any of you wanna give me some pointers on what to do or look out for, and how to handle Diddy Kong when he does/n't have (a) banana(s)?

solecalibur

Smash Master
Guys, I have an MM against Count, coming up on the 24th. Any of you wanna give me some pointers on what to do or look out for, and how to handle Diddy Kong when he does/n't have (a) banana(s)?
Count as in the diddy player from IN? #$%# dont MM him until I do!

One thing is item control and not playing his game but lemme see if I can find some videos / friends that can help you with the MU

Sovereign

Game Reaper
NNID
Sovereign90
It would be greatly appreciated Sole. I'm pretty confident in this MU, but I just want to be 100% on everything that I need to know, in order to win this.

Y.b.M.

Smash Master
Haha... Just call me Hancock then.

And I sorta know that match up. I'm like 70 percent confident with it. But I'll continuing to practice match ups with her that are not in her favor like Falco and what not. It's just to troublesome to do it with the GC controller haha.... but I'll get it down.

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
nick riddle outplaced snakeee significantly at mlg

IS NICK RIDDLE THE BEST ZSS OF ALL TIME??!?!?! OR HE IS JUST A LUCKY SCRUB?!?!?!

discuss
I obviously got an easy bracket.
2-0 Shintei (Didn't show)
2-0 MHoltz
2-0 choise (Falco)
2-0 ksizzle
1-2ADHD
2-0 RedHalberd
2-0 CO18
0-2 DEHF
I am also a scrub.
/discussion

Y.b.M.

Smash Master
I think Nick is the best ZSS.... Since I play ZSS and played Nick's rival

He did exceedingly well.

I'm not to far behind but I got a lot more training to do....

also...I have our Picture which is to Smexy

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
I think Nick is the best ZSS.... Since I play ZSS and played Nick's rival

He did exceedingly well.

I'm not to far behind but I got a lot more training to do....

also...I have our Picture which is to Smexy
Yo, post that picture then. :D

Top Bottom