• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ZSS General Discussion

Sovereign

Game Reaper
NNID
Sovereign90
Only 3 ZSS mains? I'll be in the next picture, then.

MLG Columbus, a ZSS main is takin' 1st. Y.b.M, sorry bro, but I got this.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Okay so i've got a tournament this weekend and I am gonna try and go all ZSS. (Well not for Falco or Diddy because i am not confident in those two yet.)

Any advice?

Y.b.M.

Smash Master
Only 3 ZSS mains? I'll be in the next picture, then.

MLG Columbus, a ZSS main is takin' 1st. Y.b.M, sorry bro, but I got this.
If you mean a ZSS main is going to be the FIRST one to take LAST....then your name is written all over that.... I'm coming for that number 1 spot...nothing above it...:laugh:

Snakeee

Smash Master
soooo after the tourney I decided to just try reverting to the old gimmicks Nick's been abusing and I was ****** everyone. I guess 95% of people still cannot exploit it well enough. Expect me to place in the money at Columbus, maybe top 3. This is what I feel I learned from Riddle, "it's not about how good you are, it's about how bad everyone else is"

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
Nick I suggest playing Shadow once or twice before commenting in that way. Snakeee is correct in that Shadow punishes half or more of his dsmash/side-bs ON REACTION and not just because they are badly placed. Your playstyle works because PLAYERS (not just your region, no one says that) haven't caught onto it. Frank's fault for not taking full advantage though.

I do agree that his assertion that the moves are "useless" is a little premature, because no one is perfect all the time. It IS a gamble though if the player knows how to exploit said weakness. Do the math, frame data doesn't lie, these moves are easy to PS and easily punished when they are.

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
Nick I suggest playing Shadow once or twice before commenting in that way. Snakeee is correct in that Shadow punishes half or more of his dsmash/side-bs ON REACTION and not just because they are badly placed. Your playstyle works because PLAYERS (not just your region, no one says that) haven't caught onto it. Frank's fault for not taking full advantage though.

I do agree that his assertion that the moves are "useless" is a little premature, because no one is perfect all the time. It IS a gamble though if the player knows how to exploit said weakness. Do the math, frame data doesn't lie, these moves are easy to PS and easily punished when they are.
D-smash having the ability to be charged makes it harder to be PSed.
I wanna play Shadow really badly. I would have, but I wanted to do it in a MM and I was weary of MLG's "NO MM" policy.
If he goes to Columbus, I will MM him there.

LoliLovesRain

Smash Master
r u ALL going to MLG???? O_O time to invest in an awesome camera.....expect pictures taken of u ALL annnd...today is my bday :D

Sovereign

Game Reaper
NNID
Sovereign90
If you mean a ZSS main is going to be the FIRST one to take LAST....then your name is written all over that.... I'm coming for that number 1 spot...nothing above it...:laugh:
Oh my... GG, I cp your ***-whoopin' at MLG.

Happy Birthday, LLR. So many awesome April birthdays. April FTW!

Snakeee

Smash Master
Heh, I was half joking on that post, I think you're good but you do rely a lot on that stuff. I suppose if it works then just keep doing it though.

Hey I was thinking me, Nick, hopefully Dazwa, and another ZSS main or two that knows what they're talking about can do like a podcast (series?) about ZSS, Metagame, match ups, and just random ****. I think it'd be really fun to do, and would probably get us to actually advance ZSS' metagame. It'd also probably be pretty funny bc I expect me and Nick to throw subtle trash talk at each other here and there XD

fkacyan

Smash Hero
Heh, I was half joking on that post, I think you're good but you do rely a lot on that stuff. I suppose if it works then just keep doing it though.

Hey I was thinking me, Nick, hopefully Dazwa, and another ZSS main or two that knows what they're talking about can do like a podcast (series?) about ZSS, Metagame, match ups, and just random ****. I think it'd be really fun to do, and would probably get us to actually advance ZSS' metagame. It'd also probably be pretty funny bc I expect me and Nick to throw subtle trash talk at each other here and there XD
I'm working on a large post about armor piece and general projectile abuse. One of the strongest things about ZSS is her armor pieces and even those who have the best piece games could be doing a lot more to abuse them, as I've found out playing against people who gain such experience using Diddy Kong. The armor pieces should be at least like 50-60% if not a stock on most people.

IN SHORT ZCATCHING AND THROWING GUYS

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
since a bunch of you be going to mlg columbus...since im now almost entirely sure i cant go...come to NEOH to visit/play some smash afterwards? xD

Btw, happy birfday Loli!!!!~ : D

LoliLovesRain

Smash Master
i wasnt in the picture either and im clearly the best...........dtorr i took a pic of u behind snakeee sooo its all good xD

Zero

Smash Hero

ZERO SUIT BACK ROOM

start a real one

NickRiddle

#negativeNick

Sounds like we need Skype.
I like this idea lots.
Btw, I stole your nair > d-tilt. That is too funny.

Zero

Smash Hero
I feel that we should start and actually use a Back Room for our advanced discussion. There are lots of concepts that desperately need covering to help our metagame and I feel that we need a dedicated group to discuss and validate.

Projects that the BR should publish:
  • Complete redoing of matchup discussions - PROPERLY (A complete what-to-do guide, on shield, on dodge, on hit, an advanced positioning guide, safe angles of recovery, etcetc).
  • Complete stage discussion - progression through all legal stages, with detailed analysis of **** zones, weak zones, pitfalls, etc.
  • Weekly metagame discussion

Every week or so, you could publish an audio podcast to discuss the latest developments. A thread called "Back Room Releases" should be started and posted to every time a project is complete.

Nominees to the BR:

NickRiddle
Snakeee
Dazwa
Nefarious B
ph00tbag
Thiocyanide
kaleidoRuby
rise
noradseven
solecalibur

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
-applause-

A backroom is great ^_^

It helps with alot of things. The Lucas boards have one and it is pretty cool =P

Top Bottom