• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ZSS General Discussion

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Quick question!

Do other ZSS mains concentrate on improving their armor pieces' game, and not just their item-less games? I have literally had crowds around me awed and excited due to how I juggle my pieces and frametrap my opponents so that the pieces hit them, then do my inevitable ZSS combos, and I've always thought all ZSS's have had these experiences before until everyone I started asking told me that they usually throw away their item pieces, or keep one for easier control.

So, do you guys concentrate on that?

Zero

Smash Hero
Yes, it is a very important asset to a ZSS match and can make or break the game. It's not for everyone, but I think that mastery over all three pieces can bring you an easy stock lead and incredible momentum shift which is hard for your opponent to recover from.

Unfortunately for me, since I'm an idiot, I go and lose the stock lead really quickly. But I do strive to improve both facets of my game.

And I'm off to a meet now, to improve it some more. Ja ne!

Nefarious B

Smash Champion
I usually go with 2 pieces, I generally will just throw one away the opponent not expecting it to hit, if it does it's all good though of course. From what I've seen on videos most ZSs have pretty terrible item game so I just have stopped commenting on it. Good suit piece game can make you untouchable against many characters...

And xonar you caught me right as i was leaving hahah ill try and pop in more often though

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
Against strong players it can be hard to keep control of all three so I usually just throw two away in serious games.

In friendly friendlies, I keep all three. Maybe one day I'll be confident enough to keep them all, but for now, nahhhhhhh

It also depends a lot on the character you're facing. Against Link, the suit pieces are huge so I try to keep them all in play, for instance.

Albert.

Smash Master
Is it just that you're the finest little thing
That I ever saw, or is my imagination running too far
Or is it that my eyes are telling me something you could never see
Something like me being with you, or you being with me

Oooooh baby, you've redefined my vision of love it seems
Your love be da cherry in my plasma covered dreams
So it seems, my oh my,
Me and those dreaming eyes of mine

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
(image removed)

This is my new avatar in Puerto Rico's Smash website.

ThreeSided

Smash Ace
LMAO xD

You just totally ruined the mood set by the post before yours, in what was honestly the funniest set of two posts in a row I've seen this month.

solecalibur

Smash Master
Quick question!

Do other ZSS mains concentrate on improving their armor pieces' game, and not just their item-less games? I have literally had crowds around me awed and excited due to how I juggle my pieces and frametrap my opponents so that the pieces hit them, then do my inevitable ZSS combos, and I've always thought all ZSS's have had these experiences before until everyone I started asking told me that they usually throw away their item pieces, or keep one for easier control.

So, do you guys concentrate on that?
I dont work on my piece game as I need more important things to work on but unless the person I'm vsing was a diddy main then I have quite a bit of item control (even against blue rogue) if you have any knowledge that they played diddy you've vs'd them before and they know the item game
I recommend throwing at least one piece out

Charby

Smash Journeyman
Throwing your pieces is not an option unless against specific character, they are plenty option to control 3 pieces at the same time glide tossing, z dropping, aerial dodge canceling trowing , spacing with b neutral is deadly...
Try to create a barrier with the piece and push your opponent in it
Many tips glide toss uptrow to juggle uair and push opponent into the falling piece or z dropping retreating side b
Be creative , with armor piece ZSS is top tiers =D

noradseven

Smash Lord
I actively work on my item game, pro strat play mario bros stage, its fun and improves your item game though, also play against other ZSS's play 1 min matches against 3 lv 9 cpus and try to wall them, and try using items against humans pro tip toss up and down not left/right.

Zero

Smash Hero
Guys.

I can taste her on my tongue
Shes the sweetest taste of sin
The more I get the more I want
She wants to own me.
Come closer
She says "come closer"
Is it just that you're the finest little thing
That I ever saw, or is my imagination running too far
Or is it that my eyes are telling me something you could never see
Something like me being with you, or you being with me

Oooooh baby, you've redefined my vision of love it seems
Your love be da cherry in my plasma covered dreams
So it seems, my oh my,
Me and those dreaming eyes of mine
The saga continues! :O

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Uhh... Does anyone z-catch items? If not, why not? I don't know why anyone would want to catch one by airdodging, since z-catching is too good... You can even shield TL's bombs, z-catch and throw them back with no lag at all.

I asked this cuz a few people in the Suit Pieces' Metaame discussion didn't understand what z-catching was, and thought it was catching an item while airdodging.

Nefarious B

Smash Champion
Always, there's no reason not to learn how to do this. Instant aerial throws are useful too, I haven't fully implemented them into my game yet but that's one of my goals in the near future.

noradseven

Smash Lord
Uhh... Does anyone z-catch items? If not, why not? I don't know why anyone would want to catch one by airdodging, since z-catching is too good... You can even shield TL's bombs, z-catch and throw them back with no lag at all.

I asked this cuz a few people in the Suit Pieces' Metaame discussion didn't understand what z-catching was, and thought it was catching an item while airdodging.
I though everyone did lol...

Rybaia

Smash Journeyman
He was a great Falcon player, very popular on the Melee's Falcon Board.
Always ready to give tips and to help the new Falcon main.
I don't know what to say...
I'm just shocked.

Albert.

Smash Master
She's telling all her homies
I'm the real deal
Everytime she leave the crib
Shawty be coming right back
She talkin' dirty all up in my ear
And I'm finna' put this dog right on her kitty cat
I wasn't gonna show you up
But then you got that liquor in you
Calling last night a fluke
Acting like she didn't remember
I hopped up out that linen
And I'm finna' defend my title
Finna' put yo *** to bed
Tell me which way would you like it

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
is this true??????
I wouldn't doubt it. Would you be able to react in time for it, though? Also, would any mainer (asides from Snake/DDD) risk getting that close with a laggy move at such high %s? I wouldn't want my stock gone before I did some extra damage...

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
I went to go and change my color, and I hit resign from group on the Debater and now I can't match my avatar with my color :'(
funny thing, I did it twice in 3 minutes, I got a mod to fix it, but then I did it again and the mod isn't here anymore

EDIT- Fixed YEAH! That was so scary for me hahahhaha.

noradseven

Smash Lord
I went to go and change my color, and I hit resign from group on the Debater and now I can't match my avatar with my color :'(
funny thing, I did it twice in 3 minutes, I got a mod to fix it, but then I did it again and the mod isn't here anymore

EDIT- Fixed YEAH! That was so scary for me hahahhaha.
how do you change colors and stuff.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
First, you have to earn color. You do this by either being elected into the Back Room or the BRoom, or by earning your way into either the debate hall by debating or get a blue name by hosting a tournament/smashfest. There is also the Orange name for people who have proven themselves to be outstanding writers and posting frequentally and actively in the Creative Minds board, or you do the exact same thing in the Pokeboards to get this really ugly brown. Once you have done that, you go to your User CP, you click on Group Memberships, you hit Identified as this group. UNFORTUNITATTLY FOR ME WHO WAY DOING LAUNDRY AND NOW PAYING FULL ATTENTION, its right next to the "Resign from this group" so I hit that twice in a row while trying to change my color.

As a side note, I'm such a woman with my color matching, and my laundry.

Zero

Smash Hero
Ha, getting into TO usergroup is hillarious.

Easy steps:

1. Link any regional thread.
2. Wait a few days.
3. Congratulations!

noradseven

Smash Lord
Ha, getting into TO usergroup is hillarious.

Easy steps:

1. Link any regional thread.
2. Wait a few days.
3. Congratulations!
lol...speaking of TOing gahhhh, we should be hosting an interesting smash tournment style starting next semester...less serious, but high on da mindgames, and focus's on skill at brawl rather than 1 character...*no its not a random only tourney. We are doing a trial run among our friends this semester, should be cool.

noradseven

Smash Lord
Is this Brawl- or is it items?
neither... its tournment where you can use each chacacter only once in the tourney...lots of rules random does not eat up a spot, and other sheik/zelda/PT/samus/ZSS rules...

aka turns a bit into CP hell as everyone pulls out there good stuff against the scary oppenents should I use MK now or later lol.

ThreeSided

Smash Ace
neither... its tournment where you can use each chacacter only once in the tourney...lots of rules random does not eat up a spot, and other sheik/zelda/PT/samus/ZSS rules...

aka turns a bit into CP hell as everyone pulls out there good stuff against the scary oppenents should I use MK now or later lol.
That actually sounds like an amazing idea.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
The style I always thought was more interesting that only requires one rule is that your opponent chooses your character.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
First, you have to earn color. You do this by either being elected into the Back Room or the BRoom, or by earning your way into either the debate hall by debating or get a blue name by hosting a tournament/smashfest. There is also the Orange name for people who have proven themselves to be outstanding writers and posting frequentally and actively in the Creative Minds board, or you do the exact same thing in the Pokeboards to get this really ugly brown. Once you have done that, you go to your User CP, you click on Group Memberships, you hit Identified as this group. UNFORTUNITATTLY FOR ME WHO WAY DOING LAUNDRY AND NOW PAYING FULL ATTENTION, its right next to the "Resign from this group" so I hit that twice in a row while trying to change my color.

As a side note, I'm such a woman with my color matching, and my laundry.
You can also get that ugly-*** green by getting a Premium Membership. And using that, you can give someone else this trendy pink I'm sporting right now.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
You can also get that ugly-*** green by getting a Premium Membership. And using that, you can give someone else this trendy pink I'm sporting right now.
They gave them a new shade of green btw. Still though, nothing is as ugly as the Pokemon Researcher.

Top Bottom