• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ZSS General Discussion

noradseven

Smash Lord
Distant Planet is OK against some characters, stand on the bottom ledge and abuse usmash.

Oh and Port Town SHOULD be a CP in my opinion.
Have you played against anyone fast on port town, ZSS doesn't notice it as much as some ppl but you can stall the **** out of that stage, I mean this is the match lands hit runs away for 8 minutes wins.

Distant planet is seriously a ledge camp war, also chain grabs, and characters like snake standing on the side, make it incredably gay.

Also I think you meant abose u-air, man u-air is so broke for us on that level.

Adapt

Smash Lord
Seibrik finally got around to putting out his video...
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=8191314

As most suspected, it involves dash attacking a shield and falling with them so you can attack.
If you look at the video, ZSS is at the very end.

The good thing here, is that it sets us up nicely for the ftilt lock. For a refresher on the lock:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=208156

Keep in mind, that this is only guaranteed on certain characters. Listed here:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=245363

Now while this is rather situational... there is a better way to go about this:
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=6069139&postcount=68

Using up-smash to initiate the lock is sweet because there is no risk involved. Also, up-smashing an opponent standing on a platform above you is not a rare occurrence.

Discuss :)

Also, as an aside... I found out that I almost discovered the ROB infinite in the lock topic... but I wasn't using ROB as the opponent... I was using DK iirc.
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=5993630&postcount=48

Hence

Smash Ace
Counter pick - distance planet good or bad? Im use to the stage and do better then my friends marth when it comes to the stage and yeh I live in ohio we have a pretty large CP list including my college soon to be OU where we have port town CP ...
Neither good nor bad imo, unless your opponent is MK.
Port Town = Few Teatherable Ledges = Probably the worst stage for ZSS.

solecalibur

Smash Master
One thing about DP you need to worry about it, is when the bulbin appears dont tether if your to far away from the edge closest to him. Find another way to recover because u'll land a little bit on him and fall (No 2nd jump back either). Ive only done it 3 times so I can't say it will happen 100% of the time but that's my guess

My Cat Owns

Smash Apprentice
People play on distant planet? I might if it didnt have a walk off or a giant shoopdawhoop like creature ready to eat you but yeah.

solecalibur

Smash Master
Uhhh thats the best part of the stage, and its p. fair actually, I love ledge hogging on his mouth :D.
only two places he eats you if you WALK inside his mouth or he stand above his eyes (about) anywhere else your safe just dont get cocky and taunt while on top of him and he walks backwards

noradseven

Smash Lord
only two places he eats you if you WALK inside his mouth or he stand above his eyes (about) anywhere else your safe just dont get cocky and taunt while on top of him and he walks backwards
ohh of course thats why it was so good, because I could just say ha, what are you going to do, stand on the edge hehehe.

Also screw you and your BEEEEESSSSSS.

noradseven

Smash Lord
are you talking about arakune O.o?

on topic watch out for marth users on distant planet they have alot more of an advantage on that stages (so it seems)
Yes, arakune is gay.

On topic, everyone has an gay advantage on distant planet. the corner is sudden death, some characters can just sit under that platform and there isn't anything you can do.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
I make these snake mistakes
I make these phoney ropes
I make these snake mistakes
I know i know i know i know
Why won't these bees leave me alone
These bees get me and I say Ow
Why won't these bees leave me alone
I hate them bees

Nefarious B

Smash Champion
For serious, so confused.

And sole calibur I think you mean recovering onstage vs on the ledge. It's generally accepted that you want to do that for a few matches, mainly the ones that can gimp you if you predictably go for the edge, like MK for example.

solecalibur

Smash Master
For serious, so confused.

And sole calibur I think you mean recovering onstage vs on the ledge. It's generally accepted that you want to do that for a few matches, mainly the ones that can gimp you if you predictably go for the edge, like MK for example.
That is what I mean thx

I'm sorry, but I'm COMPLETELY out of the loop. Where is this whole bees thing coming from?
That black squiggly thing on my sig is from a fighting game called Blazblue and he uses bees theres just alot of love for bees on zss fourms

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
There's only love from sole calibur for bees. No one else likes them.

Nefarious B

Smash Champion
I was already talking to my buddy at Drexel about coming to visit him like a week or so before that, shiiit son i might actually be able to make this

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
Thankfully the power of my burning fists can stop it.

Also the taokaka bad end when she became bangs apprentice owned, and if you guys haven't seen it please do it owned.
I still haven't gotten BlazBlue as I am broke and living with my parents with no job. But I will likely be acquiring a lot of cashey money for my birthday, which I will likely spend on BlazBlue. If you like, you can contribute to the "buy ph00tbag BlazBlue" fund.

As a birthday present.

who're still playing the game by then
Your internet voice sounded so defeated while you said this.

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
What are the training grounds?

Okay, so the training grounds are for newer players, and good players alike.

The point of the training grounds?

Anyone looking to learn a character can directly contact "Teachers" in order to learn more about the character. Whether you main the character and are looking to get better, or you want to pick up a new character, this is the place for you.

The Training Grounds, also called the Smash School, is looking to improve the Boards. We have teachers to pass on knowledge to those who want to learn, and it is becoming fairly successful. However, not every character is largely or even to a fair degree represented here, and that's where you come in. If you feel that you have the time, the experience, and the effort to help out, please visit the Smash School right now.

This really can make a big difference, especially to new members. But in order for it to become big, you have to help. If you're not quite teacher-material, go ahead and check it out anyway. You might improve your main, or even find fun with learning somebody new! Its a place for everyone!

Naturally, if you have questions or perhaps an idea, you can post in the thread. Or you can PM one of the "commitee."

Committee Members

Straked, the plumber.
S.O.L.I.D., the prince.
Cherry64, the woman.
GwJumpman, the robot.
If you think you'd be interested in being a teacher, PM your application to S.O.L.I.D.
Don't ignore it. ;)

noradseven

Smash Lord
Lol training grounds, teaching other people how to play online is good and all, but to really get good, you need to play against at least 4-5 different(skilled) players. And yeah I know they are supposed to be tutors and all for that character, but at least for the ZSS community watch some of dazwa's/snakeee/riddles RECENT matches, and just ask general questions over IRC to get peoples opinions on stuff. Many of us could sum up how to play ZSS fairly shortly, or at least how to get started :D.

I still haven't gotten BlazBlue as I am broke and living with my parents with no job. But I will likely be acquiring a lot of cashey money for my birthday, which I will likely spend on BlazBlue. If you like, you can contribute to the "buy ph00tbag BlazBlue" fund.

As a birthday present.

Your internet voice sounded so defeated while you said this.
Heh actually the NC scene is already starting to leave BB now lol, moving on to MBAA, until BB gets patched instant blocking is too **** good, unless your fighting one of the 3 top tiers that is.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
Heh actually the NC scene is already starting to leave BB now lol, moving on to MBAA, until BB gets patched instant blocking is too **** good, unless your fighting one of the 3 top tiers that is.
Well, I've got it anyway now. I don't really care what the competitive scene is into (I mean, if I gave a **** what competitive scenes are into, I wouldn't spend most of my time playing B+). I really like Taokaka, so other fighting games can stuff it.

Bee Tee Dubs, I saw the Taokaka "bad" end, and I'm pretty sure bad is the opposite of how I'd describe it. I'd say it's more like best.

noradseven

Smash Lord
Well, I've got it anyway now. I don't really care what the competitive scene is into (I mean, if I gave a **** what competitive scenes are into, I wouldn't spend most of my time playing B+). I really like Taokaka, so other fighting games can stuff it.

Bee Tee Dubs, I saw the Taokaka "bad" end, and I'm pretty sure bad is the opposite of how I'd describe it. I'd say it's more like best.
The Bang/Taokaka end, that owned so hard, but I can't decide whether that or the Tager one with bang(finish bang with a super in tager route), was the best.

Seriously stop reading posts and go do it right now, ph00t.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
I'm trying to learn ZSS but she is so freakin' hard. x___x

I won't give up though.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Awww, poor Nya.

Main things to practice, in order of importance

Down smash follow ups
Not grabbing (might be hard since you play ICs and DDD, I know its hard for me to switch back and forth)
Dash Attack Lock

noradseven

Smash Lord
Awww, poor Nya.

Main things to practice, in order of importance

Down smash follow ups
Not grabbing (might be hard since you play ICs and DDD, I know its hard for me to switch back and forth)
Dash Attack Lock
uhhh this is tottally wrong, d-smashs don't occur enough to warrent it, things to practice in order.

Weak u-air, hit box above and slightly behind ZSS, beats/trades with every move in the game.

Fast fall b-air(n-air) spacing, this **** is critical for not sucking, and due to the sniper shot like properties of b-air and n-airs weird angles and meatyness it really needs to be practiced. some ppl, daz/me, p. much live off of b-air pokes.

doing d-tilt/u-tilt/jab out of shield: Super easy super important don't for get to do a standing d-tilt to save 3 frames,

NOT GETTING GIMPED: god **** it please learn how not to get gimped

Item games: like really play with your friends with items on only ones similar to armor pieces, advantages you will own with items now, disadvantages so will your casual group :(, but even then ZSS has a great item game.

Dash attack true/sudo combos: I mean they are good, and they will occur a decent bit in matches.

D-smash follow ups: ones that matter.

d-smash run off edge b-air stage spike
d-smash down B spike
d-smash x2, (over B/f-air/u-air/grab/b-air(reverse normally))
d-smash, jab x2, jab x2, grab f-toss *descale combo, for stupids like me who degrade all their killing moves.

Not spacing over B/neutral B stupidly: Just look how often you get hit when you do it at X time and decide if its worth it.

Grab combos lol: they are good combos, but grab is a pain to hit relyably.

sasook

Smash Champion
^lol

Regardless, I'm with norad about the list of priorities being a little off.

IMO, it goes:

-Recovery - this is by far the first thing you should master above all else

-Knowing how to play without spamming the whip - it's pretty common among new players to just abuse sideb. But then the opponent learns how to PS. Then what? Hard to adjust if you're so used to just using that move to space.

-Suit piece game - mine still sucks lol

-Learning the (limited) OoS options and when to apply them - including not shieldgrabbing all that often, if ever

-As norad said, spacing aerials properly so they "tipper" in most cases, as well as learning the different hitboxes of nair and uair

-Dsmash follow ups - honestly, most of these are pretty basic to do. They shouldn't take long at all

-NEVER USE FSMASH

-ATs - dazlocks, ROB infinite, that new 28-90% legit combo or whatever, etc.

Top Bottom