• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ZGD: Livin by a thread.

Snakeee

Smash Master
I completely go back on what I said about Zelda tier-wise. I'm finding her to be more and more viable the more I use her, and I can see Zelda winning a tourney by herself. I also think she is a little better than Sheik now. She has great KO power, and has long lasting moves that are relatively safe on block. I'm also finding plenty of more mix ups now, as opposed to before where it seemed almost the same exact strategy had to be done over and over.

Bandit

Smash Lord
You're finally coming over to the light side of the force :)

Zelda has a good game, but it is not represented well compared to other characters.

MrEh

Smash Hero
I completely go back on what I said about Zelda tier-wise. I'm finding her to be more and more viable the more I use her, and I can see Zelda winning a tourney by herself. I also think she is a little better than Sheik now. She has great KO power, and has long lasting moves that are relatively safe on block. I'm also finding plenty of more mix ups now, as opposed to before where it seemed almost the same exact strategy had to be done over and over.
I think otherwise, but that's just me. Once people learn the Zelda matchup, she loses hard to Snake and MK. Very hard.

Zelda has a good game, but it is not represented well compared to other characters.
I actually think Zelda is mediocre. lol

Snakeee

Smash Master
I think otherwise, but that's just me. Once people learn the Zelda matchup, she loses hard to Snake and MK. Very hard.

I actually think Zelda is mediocre. lol
I'm finding her to be pretty decent against Meta now actually, and it's better than it is for ZSS. Still Meta's adv though

MrEh

Smash Hero
SBHMX happened today.

I didn't go, so I have no idea what happened. DM or SniperWorm should be posting results soon though.

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
DM stop being so good. I have to beat you to become best Zelda in Nation. xD

Darkmusician

Smash Master
Tom got first then?

Too good.
To be accurate LT WAR and Firefly split the top 3. But because I didn't want it to be a 3 way tie I had them choose who would place where and that's just how it came out.

And Grey Fox to be fair I didn't do that good. Placing out of the money isn't really good...it's just ok.

MrEh

Smash Hero
All you'd need to do is...

Mention DM as a top Zelda.

Mention NinjaLink as a top Zelda.

Mention Kata as the mod.

Mention those people who run those stickies.

Mention me as the troll.

The rest don't matter. lol

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
All you'd need to do is...

Mention DM as a top Zelda.

Mention NinjaLink as a top Zelda.

Mention Kata as the mod.

Mention those people who run those stickies.

Mention me as the troll.

The rest don't matter. lol
Soon I'll my name will be on that list. I'll do something for Zelda in the USA

Snakeee

Smash Master
I use Zelda about half the time now and oftentimes by herself. Also, Ninjalink does have a really good Zelda, but it's really rare to see him use her in tourney (not saying you shouldn't list him)

MrEh

Smash Hero
I use Zelda about half the time now and oftentimes by herself. Also, Ninjalink does have a really good Zelda, but it's really rare to see him use her in tourney (not saying you shouldn't list him)
My post was more of a joke then anything. XD

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Snakeee, lets Zelda ditto at apex and have it recorded.

MrEh

Smash Hero
I'd rather you guys have Ganon dittos.

It doesn't matter if you guys don't use Ganon. Ganon dittos are still the most epic of dittos.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
Good stuff riot! Also... I quite like the idea of having intros to all the main people on these boards - it gives outsiders a sense of what to expect, no? Seems a bit cheesy though >.<

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
I'm definitely a casual Zelda at this point because college keeps me SO ****ING BUSY, but I can make it to the odd tourney or two each year if I really try.

I'm located in Ohio BTW.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
@Riot: Yeah transform is my favourite song on there! All of the songs are so catchy though! Lmao I always thought it was such a rare game... I just looked it up on ebay.... veeeery pricey! =O

I use Kelly and Strike =D

GodAtHand

Smash Lord
@Kataefi - The amount of Jealousy I have because of you having that game right now is indescribable... (>.<)

I also played my first Brawl + match this weekend at the same tournament. Very fun, but so far I still like regular brawl better. At least for tournaments.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
I never played the second one though... I wish I had.. I might get that one if I can but the original will always have a place in my heart *weeps*

Brawl+? What did you think? I thought they nerfed Zelda like crazy in 4.0 but... I take it all back. I think she racks damage like a mad psycho ***** out for everyone's blood lol! Such a big shame about USmash though... that's my biggest disappointment.

edit::: you should look offline for the game as well... have you check any 2nd hand stores? It probably won't be as pricey.

GodAtHand

Smash Lord
I don't really know what version it was... But it was fairly easy to combo into everything.

Dash attack, Dash attack, Upsmash, Neutral Air, Dins, Up air. Actually worked lol. She seems really good. I only played like 5 matches, but no qualms about the way she works. I was still disappointed with the lack of drama frames on lightning kick though.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
Okay... I need feedback. I'm going to de-sticky the 2 guides we have (or maybe just S2's guide as it's heavily outdated)

In place of this, I'm going to make an index thread. This will explain and describe every important thread we have, including the 2 guides above. This thread will act as the first thread people read to find out about these parts of the boards.

What I have in mind:

Thread Title: Index Thread (READ THIS FIRST)

-Thread Example X-
Go here to organise matches online and for the chat

-Thread Example Y-
-Go here for a guide on how to play as Zelda. Warning - some content is outdated-

etc etc etc...

Obviously it will be in much more detail about what each thread is about.

What do people make of this idea? be honest ^^ I won't do anything unless it's fully agreed upon.

GodAtHand

Smash Lord
^ Sounds good... but only if we can clean up this place a little bit. Another sticky amongst the amount we already have is not a good idea. But for organization it sounds good.

Half-Split Soul

Smash Lord
Okay... I need feedback. + suggestions
Sounds good to me. I have thought for long that we don´t really need two guides stickied, especially when considering how old they are. Don´t get me wrong, both are great guides, they just would have to be updated. The index thread would also be very helpful :)

Of course this thread also has "the useful threads" part, but I don´t know if it would be better to get that up to date or to create a new thread altogether...

Overclassed

Smash Journeyman
Hi there .-.

I'm a fan of Zelda and am considering picking her up >.>

I come mostly from a Ness/Bowser background...

I would like help with her Up-B D:

I feel like I just introduced myself at an alcoholics anonymous convention.

Overclassed

Smash Journeyman
Hey, that first one is how I got here! :D

I didn't get all the way to the guides- My bad.

Thank you for the second link!

Also, I play brawl+ almost nightly: and update with every build. So... I may not be able to write it, but I can at least help with some experience? >>;

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
Good stuff. I'm still on version 4.0 myself... I've heard through the grapevine that 5.1 is soon to be released.

What are the nightly builds if I may ask?

Top Bottom