• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ZGD: Livin by a thread.

Villi

Smash Lord
My Wii's been broken for months so I can't play at home anymore. I have SF4 for PS3 tho :)

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
I always knew wednesday was a fool's day and its been proven today.

I honestly don't like the color change....green is so much better than red

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
Colors keep changing on me.

I wonder if there is gonna be a Rainbow for our names today.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
Really good matches. I liked the way you played the last stock on the very last match. Peach can be tricky for Zelda.

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
Whatever happened to the Ftilt vs. aerials thread? That was an awesome thread! That and perhaps angled Ftilt can stuff some of Peach's, as well as others, approaches.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
I won't infract you... but next time please try to edit your last post...! We all check the threads anyways. If this becomes more common then it's by the rules that I warn people or if it gets too excessive then infractions need to be handed out.

Don't do it again scary!

Bandit

Smash Lord
I honestly can't see why it is a big deal unless it becomes excessive. To hand out a warning every time someone does it, especially the regulars on this board, is a little overboard. We all know we shouldn't do it, but sometimes we try to bump a thread that hasn't seen life in a few days.

I originally thought putting a message in this thread so someone can put a message in that thread would solve it... but then we have two spam messages in two different threads. I just think there is an easier solution.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The roster update and tourney update will come this weekend hopefully. I started a new job, and it has been a little hectic so far.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
EDIT:: okay here's the deal so long as the double post is not spam or intentionally there to bump unnecessary threads that are veeerrry old, then it's all okay ^^

MrEh

Smash Hero
Results from SBHMIX was posted a couple days ago. There were 42 entrants.
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=228699

1: WAR ($147.00)-Snake
2: K0rean ($42.00)-Meta Knight
3: DarkMusician ($21.00)-Zelda
4: AeroW-ROB
5: Firefly-Marth
5: (There was a Bye)
7: ?-Olimar
7: Dren-Yoshi
9: SniperWorm-Zelda/Sheik
9: DanL-Snake
9: Lucky-Ike
9: (There was a Bye)
13: Yuri Lover-Zelda
13: AnD-Marth
13: NRK-Olimar
13: KennyPu-Ness/Diddy
17: Atomsk-Marth/Donkey Kong
17: Saido-ROB/Snake
17: Yasha-Toon Link
17: WMD-Sonic/Mario
25: RyuuHana-ROB
25: SN-Snake
25: Terence-Meta Knight
25: GTS-Snake
25: MrEh-Bowser
25: Noob-Snake

DM placed 3rd this time. SniperWorm also did well, since he always does. ^^

Darkmusician

Smash Master
Just a note about the results. For some reason TIO chose to clump all of the byes at the bottom of the bracket in the beginning. I didn't give this much thought because it hadn't ever affected the overall tournament results before. I also didn't know that the upper losers brackets had byes because I was too busy playing my own matches. (I had to play like 4 in a row)

Next time I'll move the byes around manually at the start to prevent the results from happening like this again. My apologies for the mistake.

MrEh

Smash Hero
DM did sooo well this tournament. 3rd place with Zelda! SniperWorm also did well, and I guess Yuri Lover deserves some mention for placing 13th.

I'm quitting Bowser. 25th lol

Wow, Zelda´s doing really good in tournaments nowadays!
Just in Hawaii. :p

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
DM did sooo well this tournament. 3rd place with Zelda! SniperWorm also did well, and I guess Yuri Lover deserves some mention for placing 13th.

I'm quitting Bowser. lol
No! You're not quitting him! At ALL! He'll lose even more representation... and it's a shame because he hasn't proven himself yet and I feel as if he can do it >.<

/emotionalrant

She's doing reeeeally well in hawaii, but she's also doing well elsewhere I believe. 9th out of 45 is not bad at all! Well done riot!

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
I'm gonna main MK and Dedede.
No...You'll phail as a player if you main MK and Deideidei

DM: Wow, you guys are doing very good with Zelda. I've gotta try harder to reach ya'll.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
Oh... is touch wood not a saying wherever you are from?

And yeah, I was half-kidding.

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
Was talkin about MrEh maining Top Tier >.<

Touch Wood is something I've never heard before.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
Touch wood basically means 'hopefully', and it's a way to avoid tempting fate. Must be solely used over here then.

Bandit

Smash Lord
I was holding off on adding AznFinnesse because he plays on all is brawl (I try not to discriminate) and he has not talked much on the boards. This is why I had not added him yet.

Plus, I had been busy lately and haven't been able to get the updates like I promised.

Edit:

The Brawl+ community is taking authors to write guides for each character in the game. The person who has decided to write the Zelda guide is not a Zelda and has already proven that he does not know the meta-game of the character. I am trying to get the guide shut down, so we, as a community, can write the guide and maintain it. I am hoping that someone like Kataefi (someone who plays brawl+ and brawl and is on regularly) can be the author of the guide. By this, I mean that they would post it and maintain it, but I think the community can come together to write it.

Brawl+ Players I know of are Me, Kataefi and GreyFox86. If you are a brawl+ player of Zelda, please let me know so we might be able to give you a part to write in the guide. I am putting this together, but I would not like to be responsible for being the main author. My schedule coming up will not allow me to maintain it as often as it should be.

Here is the link to the existing thread: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=230316

Again, this thread is written by someone who is not a player of our character normally. If we are to put together a quality guide, then it has to be done by us. I am campaigning for this with the Mod over there (Almas) and I will hopefully get the go ahead to write an official guide.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
If anyone is entitled to write a guide, it should it be you. You've played it against competitive players, and I believe you've made a full switch from vbrawl to brawl+?

I believe the other thread (knuxrouge's one) simply states basic common knowledge, there's nothing in that guide that I didn't actually ever know before, and so it's not so much a guide but a character introduction - we need something more solid, with combo listings, setups and matchups etc...

I wouldn't mind contributing at all. Lol I've already started working on dtilt combos at various percents ^^! It's going to take me awhile though...

Also... I moved your thread over to the brawl+ section with the intention of it being the primary zelda thread there. I was really very surprised to see another zelda guide.

Also, Luigi's Mansion is now banned in the new SBR ruleset (banned/counter).

I know we've discussed stages before in here, but I think we need to bring it all back up and start having another staple stage we can take full advantage of. In my mind I'm thinking pokemon stadium 2... I have reasons but I'll wait to see what everyone thinks about this all =D

__

EDIT:: oh I didn't realise! I got requested by AznFinnesse on the chat to put his/her name up on the roster. I thought I'd do it because we hadn't seen you around for a bit. Good to see you back now.

Top Bottom