• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ZGD: Livin by a thread.

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
Zelda ***** in teams.

Just grab someone who is fast and your good to go.

Dayzin

Smash Journeyman
Well i didn't make into the actual tournament (not sure if there was after pool) but if i was to win one more match i would have made it in....this was basically a waste of a post. Prepare yourself brampton tournament and it was my first.

Bandit

Smash Lord
I had a weekend where I finally got to play Brawl+, and if I could, I would never play regular brawl again. We had the standard Brawl+ codes in, and it was such an upgrade from regular brawl. Oh yeah, Zelda is an absolute Beast, and I will tell you why:

She has 0-50 and 0-60 combos on almost the entire cast. It was my first time playing, and these came naturally. An example of one would be:

F-Smash -> Dash Attack -> Hyphen U-Smash -> LK

I did these types of combos and slight variations consistently on most of the cast. Here is the best part of this --- NO DECAY ON MOVES! Her U-Smash is just as powerful the first time you use it as the last time. She kills so early, and with her comboing ability, some characters are in kill range after just 4 moves.

The whole game got quicker and hit stun was included. This means I could throw into combos. I was able to pull off U-Throw to U-Air in mid-percents, but I was still working on trying to combo other throws. Because she is quicker and the hit stun, she is able to follow up moves like Dins with U-airs or LK's and there is nothing the opponent can do about it.

There is no buffer system, but it did not really hamper my game plan. Her dtilt still trips like crazy, but it will cause opponents to pop up much sooner. The good thing is that leads to a "fresh" U-Smash or LK every time. I was even able to hit them when they popped up with another dtilt and spike them to the ground and pop them up again.

Dins got a lot better thanks to shield stun being a part of the game and the buffer system being taken out. It is harder to avoid, but when it is, it hits the shield and doesn't allow for much punishment from the opposition.

There is automatic L-Canceling which means no lag when you land while performing an aerial. This is very important for all those LK's you will be throwing.

More good news, Snake sucks. I wrecked my friend's Snake (not his main, but he has a decent one) where in normal Brawl it would be usually in his favor but down to last hit. He can't pull grenades to stop my combos, and he can't C4 to save himself off the ledge so he is gimped much easier.

DDD's chaingrab is non-existent on the cast, and he has to rely on his other arsenal. This was never a problem for Zeldas, but he can't shield camp either due to shield stun. DDD will be forced to B-Air camp and rely on U-tilt kills, but this can be handled by Zelda.

Overall, I will probably still attend normal Brawl tournaments, but I am hoping Brawl+ starts to take over our region. It just got introduced this weekend at a tournament, and I could see it start to gain popularity with the group of people that I know go to tournaments. It may not replace Brawl, but it could force itself as another part of the regular tournament scene.

Either way, I will be practicing almost exclusively on Brawl+. I have never had more fun playing this game than what I was playing this weekend.

Here's the moral of the story: Get Brawl+ onto your Wii's and share it with the masses!

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
B+ 3.3 is the new wave this time around.

Zelda, Sonic, Cfal and Link are all good.

Red, if you have it, I'll play you. :)

Bandit

Smash Lord
Unfortunately, I don't have a Wii. If I do, it is my friend JCaesar's, so if you want you can put in his friend code, and I will let you know if I ever borrow it.

JCaesar's FC: 1719-2884-4001

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
Lol, ok.

Just hit me up when you do borrow it and I'll play you B+ 3.3

Villi

Smash Lord
I got 5th at a tournament of 29. Once again, eliminated by Meta Knights. I really do suck horribly at that match up. I really should just sit there being gay with Sheik's chain, but I get bored easily. lol 2 stocked a Falco who CP Japes, though. ^o^

Edit: I found the video but it's soooo skippy :( First round is Sheik vs Snake and the second is Zelda vs Falco. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3z04YnjXbw

Bandit

Smash Lord
I have found a lot of success with straight Zelda vs Metas. I am not a strong Sheik player, but Zelda just seems to screw up their usual approaches.

Grey, JCaesar told me we were playing Brawl+ 3.4 over the weekend.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
Her dtilt also truly combos into practically everything as soon as you land it... so I often just to dtilt>dtilt> nair at early percents or dtilt > usmash for an early kill.

Her lightning kicks become pointless because her usmash is harder to DI out of and doesn't ever decay, so you still get VERY early kills around 100% onwards mark. She's a crazy good killer now.

Villi

Smash Lord
I have found a lot of success with straight Zelda vs Metas. I am not a strong Sheik player, but Zelda just seems to screw up their usual approaches.
The turtling Meta that took me out of winners would have eaten my Zelda alive I think. He would have sliced me with an ftilt to start the match and camped until I did something punishable haha. I actually almost beat him with Sheik, except 7 minutes isn't long enough to win on Rainbow Cruise, apparently. xD He got second place but couldn't beat the Meta slayer Marth I took out.

The Meta that took me out of losers, I actually do better as Zelda. He's number 1 on the PR. The chain works on him, but Zelda's mix ups mess him up too.

Bandit

Smash Lord
Her dtilt also truly combos into practically everything as soon as you land it... so I often just to dtilt>dtilt> nair at early percents or dtilt > usmash for an early kill.

Her lightning kicks become pointless because her usmash is harder to DI out of and doesn't ever decay, so you still get VERY early kills around 100% onwards mark. She's a crazy good killer now.
I have found LK's kill earlier than USmash and so do Uairs. Dins sets up both so well with the hit stun. Usmash is just the easiest to land.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
Also... the best thing I like about brawl+ zelda is her SPEED. She's fast as hell movement wise... both on ground and in the air. It was a welcome change going aggressive and rushing opponents with her attacks.

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=6934344#post6934344

I was 17th out of 40 (I think) as Zelda/Sheik

I lost to Chops (Snake) and that's cause I blew it.
Lost to JSSN (Pit) I have a bit of a hard time against Pit, as either Zelda or Sheik.

Waiting for more results as they come lol. Took 11 stocks in crews and that was fun.

Also got 3rd at a PnT tourney on the 13th and that was doubles. I'll post the next PnT in the Tourney thread so maybe more people will come lol.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
Erm... I'm a mod? I got asked by someone higher up to do it. Hopefully I can do a good job!

Be nice to me please >.> And also keep it up Zeldas and place place place!

edit: Okay, so I need a community decision - we have sinking's guide to Zelda and Sheik... what do people think of S2's guide to Zelda? Does anyone believe it's slightly outdated?

Ochobobo

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1075-1052-5472
lol, Kataefi

I think some things in the Keeping it Classy guide may be a bit antiquated now (for example the matchup listing) Though it does offer good detailed descriptions of a lot of Zelda's moves, notably Din's Fire, and gives a good lengthy description of Zelda's fight with G&W, her hardest matchup. Whereas the Guide to Everything tells of several advanced Zelda techniques, Reverse Nayru's, Ledgewarping, Dtilt lock, etc.

If we could combine the good sides of each guide into one big summary and still manage to not seem redundant, then I think that would be the best course of action. (I really don't think the Sheik stuff in that guide is necessary, I can go to the Sheik forums for that)

Also we need to Zelda ditto again, lol.

I just noticed there's a list of Casual Zelda's here too, so I guess that means I can enter my name! (Really wish I could go to a tournament though, lol)

Ochobobo
Florida
Casual
Dark Zelda
Sheik

Darkmusician

Smash Master
Erm... I'm a mod? I got asked by someone higher up to do it. Hopefully I can do a good job!

Be nice to me please >.> And also keep it up Zeldas and place place place!

edit: Okay, so I need a community decision - we have sinking's guide to Zelda and Sheik... what do people think of S2's guide to Zelda? Does anyone believe it's slightly outdated?
I actually haven't really read either so I can't say for sure. I just kinda skimmed through it. >_>
But I'm positive that updates would be needed since they were made a while ago.

And yes it would be nice to see people go all Zelda and place. Gotta represent.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
Yes absolutely! I would love to play both of you again.

Also DM you wrecked me last time but I would like to continue to work harder and become more solid in my playstyle. Learning through humiliation is one of the best ways for me personally.

I'm on Easter hols so it would be tricky for me to come online often... but there will be times when I am free!

Bandit

Smash Lord
I am doing a tournament placing update right now, and it should be done in a half hour. If you don't see results that you submitted, just say something because I probably made a mistake.

Edit: Update is complete to my knowledge.

Villi, do you have a link to your tourney?

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
Is anyone here particularly VERY GOOD at maths? (or math if I'm going to be all American ^^)

If someone can bump the great fairy fountain thread and ask about the knockback of Zelda's moves that would be great (saves me from doubleposting)! I've got a lot of mathematical data that blows my mind.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
I got you ALL!! mwahahahahahahaa! >.>

Anyways check the research thread... we're starting to look into knockback power now.

What we've currently concluded:

Strength of moves:
Uair > Utilt > USmash > Uthrow

However, at early percents:

Utilt > Uthrow > USmash > Uair

Notice how Uair is right at the bottom. It grows enormous power when the opponent is at later percents.

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
No one I know really.

Link me the latest update if you please.

Bandit

Smash Lord
I put the link in my last post.

Any other Zeldas want to play some B+?

Also, you can IM me at "leppo19" so we can set it up. He is coming over probably in 40 minutes or so. JCaesar is looking for a 4th. My IM is always on, so if you send me something and I don't respond, I am probably eating.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
I would most certainly love to join you guys... but after playing brawl+ with greyfox and asking the brawl+ staff over at the workshop... you can't play brawl+ between two different regions (pal and ntsc) or the whole thing will completely desync! =(

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
I wanna join the community.... =O

* Your Smash Name: KayLo!
* Where you live: Philadelphia, PA
* Tournaments you play in normally: Umm, used to be DSO Biweeklies, but those aren't going on lately. I went to CoT4, though, and I'm planning on going to Brawl Til You Fall, WHOBO, and Apex.
* 3 players you normally play with and the characters they play: I've been MIA from IRL tournies lately, but.... Ussi (Ike/Pikachu), Phillyrider807 (Diddy/Peach), and TUSM (DDD/Snake). I play a lot more people on wifi, but I'm assuming wifi doesn't count.
* Teammates you have had and the characters they played: Ussi (Ike), Mister_E (Pikachu/G&W)
* Color costume you use: Green
* If you use Sheik and what your secondaries are: No Sheik for me. My main is Pikachu, and my other secondaries are Snake & Yoshi.

Also, when I get back from dinner, I'll have some frame data updates. Yummy. :lick:

Bandit

Smash Lord
GreyFox, we have not found a 4th yet. We are still working on that, when I do I will AIM you.
KayLo, I will definitely add you to the community. You've done a ton for this community already that I just feel you are one of us. :)

UPDATE: GREYFOX WE HAVE A 4TH!!!!

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
Also, when I get back from dinner, I'll have some frame data updates. Yummy. :lick:
Omg stuff like this gets me REALLY excited!

I have some more data about Zelda's knockback... it's very interesting. I'll type it all up now so make sure everyone checks the stickied thread periodically.

Bandit

Smash Lord
I have really been into the frame data stuff, though I have no way of testing it to help out. I have always thought UAir was the best killer when it was kill time and that UTilt was more powerful than USmash, but it is nice to see the numbers proving it.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
Okay... MASSIVE community decision here so please please read ^^

Currently there's the matchup thread and the matchup chart/summaries thread. I spoke to royalblood and I pitched the idea that I should move the entire OP from the matchup chart/summaries thread and put that in the sticky thread. And then just treat my thread solely dedicated to rediscussions.

What do people think of this idea? I can also include Ocho's chart in it also.

Bandit

Smash Lord
Admittedly, I use yours solely for match-ups though I like Ocho's chart. Red's is the main discussion thread and the information from there is compiled in yours where it can be rediscussed from there. Admittedly, I kind of like that setup.

Ochobobo

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1075-1052-5472
Your matchup chart is where I got all the Zelda information for my chart. So, it sounds like a good idea to me.

Top Bottom