• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ZGD: Livin by a thread.

MdrnDayMercutio

Smash Champion
Depending on their CP we could have taken that set if I wasn't stupid. And it's only a matter of time till you're taking money home from these things sir. You keep getting better man.

Snakeee

Smash Master
Results from my last tourney.
NJ - Road to Viridian City #2

Doubles

1: Snake + Dm (Snake + Dm) ($140.00)
2: Inui + Atomsk (Inui + Atomsk) ($112.00)
3: Ur Open! (Doom + Shadow) ($28.00)
4: Ksizzle + YES! (Ksizzle + Yes!)
5: ADHD + Peirce (ADHD + Pierce)
5: Christmas!!! (Rookie + Umbra)
7: Stolen Frosty of justice (Vex + Chibo)
7: Ninjalink + Jash (Ninjalink + Jash)
9: All The Way (Mr. Clutch + Vajaj)
9: Newly Wed3 (Jband + DPch)
9: Wes + Dire (Wes + Dire)
9: Anti + Izumi (Anti + Izumi)
13: Your Hood Pass Got Revoke (Rouge Pit + .Com)
13: We Play Ness (Pope + Walnuts)
13: Chaos Control (Chaos + Chaos Marth)
13: WT Clan.com (Heero + NintendoMaster)
17: Taco Flavor (Sd Taco + Princez)
17: dont get grabbed (ch33s3 + Bnzaa)
17: Two Scrubs (Kiing + Jorge)
17: Team Rocket (JG WentWorth + KID)
17: Mr.Danny + Mr. Grey (Efrain + Danny)
17: Hallow Brawlers (James + Tim)
17: Yuke Yuke! Troublemakers (Xivk + Elixir)
17: Reptar on Ice (Crismas + Shin)
25: Tamerlane (Scott! + Silent Beast)
25: Hyper Midgits (Mage + fable)
25: BA (Newbie + Kevin)
25: 6ft Pianist (Pk Bob + Gam3r)

Singles

1: ADHD ($385.00) (Diddy)
2: Shadow ($192.50) (Metaknight)
3: Snakee ($115.50) (Zero Suit Samus, Zelda/Sheik)
4: D1 ($38.50) (Falco, Metaknight)
5: Rogue Pit ($19.25) (Pit)
5: Ninjalink ($19.25) (ROB, Diddy)
7: Wes (Sonic)
7: Pierce (Marth)
9: Atomsk(DYPER)
9: Anti
9: Mr. Clutch
9: Ksizzle (chris brown)
13: Vajaj
13: Ether
13: Yes (chest hair )
13: DM
17: Doom (HYDRO STORM!)
17: Pride
17: Jband
17: Jash
17: Keitaro
17: Trogdor
17: Rush
17: Vex
25: Umbra
25: Kid
25: Elixir
25: Sintros
25: Nintendo Master
25: Plan-Z
25: Rookie
25: Rhyme
33: Straw Hat
33: Scott!
33: Chibosempai
33: Izumi
33: KS136
33: Shin Bowser Meow
33: Ray
33: Crismas
33: Cheese
33: Eazy
33: Bnzaaa
33: Chaos
33: Newbie
33: Javis
33: J.G. WentWorth
33: Dark Pch
49: Fable
49: Efrain
49: Chaos Marth
49: Rockin
49: James
49: .com
49: DK
49: SD Taco
49: Princez
49: Rdt
49: Silent Beast
49: Kevin
49: Gam3r
49: Claudio
49: Xzax
49: Heero
65: Pope
65: Alex
65: Tai Legend
65: PK Bob
65: Omanj
65: C-Man
65: Geron
65: Mage
65: Danny
65: Tusm
65: Xivk
65: Jorge
65: Tim
65: Valor
97: King

MdrnDayMercutio

Smash Champion
Nice, about time D1 stepped that **** up and started showing people what's what.

Although why do you post the whole list? It makes it harder to find you... espcially when your name is spelled wrong.

Snakeee

Smash Master
Nice, about time D1 stepped that **** up and started showing people what's what.

Although why do you post the whole list? It makes it harder to find you... espcially when your name is spelled wrong.
Yeah D1 is still amazing. I used Sheik/Zelda in two of my matches against them and they were recorded. They were dead close, but I don't know if the matches will actually be put up or not yet.

And sorry, I always like to post the full results but if it's a big deal I won't again

MdrnDayMercutio

Smash Champion
I'm not in charge, just curios as to the why. Although bolding your name might be a good idea, just saying.

And I'm happy to see D1 placing high for a change. I know he's great but he always seem to end up out of the top 10. Nice seeing some more TS place other than just Ninjalink. Good stuff as usual Snakeee, I really wanna see your Zelda, I'm rather interested in your style.

Miamifinz

Smash Rookie
Miamifinz
Live in Clearwater FL
No tournaments yet. Just getting into the smashboards scene! :D
Only people I have played with are my friends Josh and Julie. Experienced Lucas and Metaknight players.
Black!
I love to use sheik, *sHE* is my seconday, followed by Sonic.

Yo :D

goodkid

Smash Lord
Miamifinz
Live in Clearwater FL
No tournaments yet. Just getting into the smashboards scene! :D
Only people I have played with are my friends Josh and Julie. Experienced Lucas and Metaknight players.
Black!
I love to use sheik, *sHE* is my seconday, followed by Sonic.

Yo :D
good to see some more Zeldas droppin in :p fl has a lot of tournaments, go check the regional zones. And since your just starting out, how much do you know about the competitive scene, like have you lurked around these boards for a while? followed melee @ all? just want to know so we can help!:chuckle:

@ Snakee: How did Zelda do in teams?

goodkid

Smash Lord
I don't see the tournament results, like I don't see that x player got x place @ x tourney. Am i just slow or something, but this thread says the results are posted. Where they at?

Snakeee

Smash Master
good to see some more Zeldas droppin in :p fl has a lot of tournaments, go check the regional zones. And since your just starting out, how much do you know about the competitive scene, like have you lurked around these boards for a while? followed melee @ all? just want to know so we can help!:chuckle:

@ Snakee: How did Zelda do in teams?
I used Sheik/Zelda in several teams matches, and one of them I went all Zelda. I did well with them, and we won all of those sets (well we didn't lose any period :)) I'm finding that solo Zelda may be better overall than Sheik for teams, she really shines there. I'm going to start using her more often.

Bandit

Smash Lord
I don't see the tournament results, like I don't see that x player got x place @ x tourney. Am i just slow or something, but this thread says the results are posted. Where they at?
3rd Post on the first page. That is what 3rd OP means.

I'm finding that solo Zelda may be better overall than Sheik for teams, she really shines there. I'm going to start using her more often.
Snakeee, I had been campaigning for Zelda as one of the best teammates in Brawl since she is so versatile. Damage rack or kill or both and a projectile that hits so well without damaging your teammate. The only thing she lacks is a decent grab to grab release combo when it is 2 on 1.

I am glad to find others having such success with her. I find myself playing well above my "level" in teams and beating good players that I normally struggle against 1v1, and it has a lot to do with Zelda's abilities lending herself to team oriented approaches.

Shadia

Smash Cadet
Hello! ok, here's my info;
* nickname on brawl u mean? it's Shadi
* USA georgia
* I've never been in a Tournament, don't really plan to, but maybe I will some day. lol
* unfortunately the only person I really get to play is my brother, who mains wolf and mk. also anyone one who wants to brawl me over wifi.
* blue and black
* I mained Shiek in melee, but never really use her in brawl. zzs is my secondary.

I'm a self-taught zelda player so I've never even heard of DI till the past month. (sad right? lol) but I'm willing to accept all the critics and tips i can get!
;P

Snakeee

Smash Master
Oh yeah NinjaLink used Zelda a bit too at that tourney. He used her in the first game against Atomsk, and won. I think it was recorded too, and I'll let you guys know if it is put up

Snakeee

Smash Master
DDD...and apparently he used also them round 2 and lost but I didn't see that one (oh yeah he was using Sheik/Zelda both of those)

Super Angry Luigi

Smash Apprentice
Just so you guys know I picked Brawl back up again. I actually got back into it a while ago, but I just didn't bother posting it here until now. So take off the "Retired from Brawl" that's next to my name of the opening post.

goodkid

Smash Lord
Atomsk is a sick player. He is a really good DDD, and a pretty good Olimar. He has come down with Inui to MD/VA tourneys before.
I played Atomsk online, his D3 has too good of DI, hard to kill even w/ Zelda. I played his Wario the first 2 rounds, I think the match-up is even. Uptilt Oos beats most of his aerials depending on the spacing.

Ooh I'll check the results out now

Edit: Add me to the Midwest Zeldas

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
I've just been playing Zelda on brawl + version 3.3 If anyone wants to play let me know.

She's a beast. I've never seen anything like it. EVERYTHING sets up so well due to the hitstun. I did dash attack > dash attack > dtilt > dtilt > up-angled ftilt.... =O I was like wtf???

She also runs incredibly fast now... it's scary.

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
Where is everyone?

Kataefi, I wanna play you for B+3.3 :)

Cfal, Zelda, and Sonic are all too goooooood.

As well as Fox. >.<

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
Lets play now! I'll add your FC... it's all new to me though so I'm still in the clouds lol

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
Yeah hold on 2 secs as well as I switched to normal brawl and now need to switch back lol.

I'll join your game in a second when I next appear online

Bandit

Smash Lord
Woahhhh!

Hey Mocha what's up? We've got some pretty awesome tech discussion going on in the fairy fountain and Zelda is getting frame data.

How've you been?

Mocha19

Smash Journeyman
Yeah I've actually been keeping a little bit of an eye on that while I was away. Excellent finds I must say and I've been using them in my game a little bit in certain situations, especially those auto-sweetspots on those giant characters.

Anyway, I'm going into the mid-stages of coming out of my depression (you wouldn't believe what good parents and chocolate will do for you.. lol). During this time though, I've been watching Brawl and keeping up with the metagame in silent, and even though I still don't play competitively, I'm somehow in the running for one of the top players in Louisiana behind Lee Martin (go figure..). I can beat quite a few of his characters with Zelda, but his Lucario's a beast.

Sadly though, I think Brawl's starting to slow down with more people going back to Melee. Not much to do here in Louisiana, so people are constantly playing Melee at my apartment, which is fine by me because I don't really have a preference to either game. They're both rather silly to me, but they're still fun. I'm the only roommate that prefers Brawl though.

I've actually been playing quite a bit of 1-P modes too and I'm chasing a few Zelda world records. For instance I'm only 1/5 of a second behind her Target Test 1 WR. Though most of her records are taken over by Sheik.

While Zelda has always and will always be my main, I've been playing Random as my "secondary", so if anyone's got any questions in matchups or need an extra opinion on X character, I'm sure I'll be able to at least help you guys out. I can even help get a few ideas as well to help you and Zelda out.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
Reeeally good to have you around again Mocha. I believe if anyone can rep Zelda in the states it could be you, especially if you can beat LeeMartin - wasn't he said to be one of the top brawl players by m2k or something?

Didn't ninjalink also beat atomsk? I believe we need more moments like this to get Zelda out there and going wild.

If you take a look at the matchup chart: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=210250 could you tell me if there's any ratio that you soundly disagree with? I want to get them as accurate as possible and it would be good to hear your perspective on everything.

Mocha19

Smash Journeyman
Actually everything you have on the chart so far looks good to me, Kataefi. And I'm glad that you're doing a lot to contribute to Zelda's development.

Although surprisingly enough, I'm not really scared of Olimar all that much anymore, granted that could be because Louisiana's only got one good Olimar, my roommate, lol. Maybe a minor tweak when we get to doing some rediscussions or something. It's definitely still in Oli's favor, but I don't think it's as bad as it lets on. It's all about mixing up trying edgehog him and eating through his whistle lag with U-smash or an awesomely timed U-air or N-air.

I think Dedede could be re-rated also, but mostly due to the fact that our best Dedede (also one of our best) is known for shield-camping, which leads to shield-grabbing, which his grab has quite some range. Definitely still in Zelda's favor, but be a little more cautious. Once again it could be up for rediscussion with maybe just a little tweak. I'm in no hurry. =]

Louisiana doesn't have much character variation at all below Luigi on the tier list, so I can only really give so much perspective outside my own experience from playing as those characters, not against them. Other than my Zelda, we have one good Lucas and one good Mario. That's about it. =[

Although it seems you guys are having a dispute on DK right now, so I'll give you guys my opinion on that one.

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
Yay! Mocha is back.

Where did you go and what did you do while your were away?

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
How on earth do you fight olimar??? I have NO clue! >.> I think the ratios for olimar and GnW should be reversed IMO, but I'm currently lacking in strategy and being predictable as HELL, so this could be a factor most certainly.

I also think GnW should be rediscussed... I'm onto something with spaced din's and targeting certain spots... must research!

Mocha19

Smash Journeyman
Well.. for Olimar it's really all about trying to bait his grabs with horizontal aerial momentum or anything you can do do just get him to grab nothing so you can attack in between his grab lag. Don't really bother trying to Nayru his pikmin throw, cuz he'll take the damage to get a grab on you. D-tilt is the most important move for this fight cuz it goes right into D-smash which can, and usually, sets up for some way either (A) gimp him, or (B) edgeguard him with ledgehopped N-airs or U-smashes, etc. Platforms really help to for trying to go for those sweetspot kicks. It's all about confusing him. Feinting approaches with Zelda really really helps in a lot of situations with a lot of characters. I think that's what people are calling "zoning" these days? I don't know.. I'm really old in this game.. lol.. *is embarrassed*

Anyway.. It's indeed hard, but as long as you keep moving around, you give the illusion that Zelda is actually faster than she appears, which is what I tend to try to focus on. It all comes with experience I guess. I'm sure you'll figure it out. You're smart. I know you can do it.

Try playing AS Olimar too so you can try to get a basic feel of how he plays so you know what to expect. A lot of his stuff is pikmin dependent as well. I find that a good way of fighting any character with another character is to at least know the basic strategy of the character in question when it comes to another. For me, I tend to feel that Zelda's usually at a disadvantage (mostly because I played a lot of Melee.. lol), so I look at the character in question so hard that I examine both characters movesets and always take into accounts of SDI and counter-measures for Zelda and whatever other character. That's just me though. Whatever you can do to really get the brain moving. The reward is really satisfying too. I'm crazy though, so do whatever works for you.

To answer Greyfox's question, I've been getting some things straight here with my friends and making moving arrangements to a different environment. I've also been getting back on track with school with some time to keep track on what you guys have been up to. After all, you guys have made me feel welcome here. I also made an earlier post above to sum more things up in smash.

I'm up for some rediscussion once people are ready.

Snakeee

Smash Master
New results from a tourney

NYC 3/14 Anime Spring Fest SSBB Results
Doubles

1: Skeet Skeet v2.0 (Blackanese, Snakeee) ($112.00)
2: Take em Away (Wes, Dire) ($48.00)
3: dTails (dMT, JTails)
4: Hands Off Our Tornado (Sinos, Chaos Marth)
5: Scandanavian Kangaroos (DJ Nintendo, Basic Sausage)
5: Formal Beating (P4L. Sintros)
7: HelpR & Rek (HelpR, Rek)
7: Arrancar and Guru (Arrancar, Guru)
9: Crab People (PK Bob, Mage)
9: Deki Haze (KillSage, Haze)
9: Eli and Saverio
9: Reese and Hezy (Reese, Hezn)
13: You're Too Slow (Johnathan, Nape)
13: Crabs on The Beach
13: Pepsi & Coke (Penta, Pepsi)
13: Crab Battle

Singles

1: ADHD ($224.00) - Diddy
2: NinjaLink ($96.00) - ROB, Luigi,...lemme know who else you used..
3: Snakeee - Sheik and ZSS mostly...some Zelda
4: D1 - Falco, MK, anyone else?
5: Rookie - Fox
5: Blackanese - Snake
7: Drk.Pch - Peach
7: Wes - Sonic, ZSS
9: JTails
9: Penta
9: Basic Sausage
9: GFE
13: Chaos Marth
13: Cinos
13: KillSage
13: Johnathan
17: 4Tai
17: Guru
17: Eli
17: Nape
17: Haze
17: Arrancar18
17: Whit
17: Kata
25: MCSky
25: Seeds
25: VivaLaSaturn
25: Will
25: KS136
25: Saverio
25: SmashBot
25: Phresh

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
Good job on both Singles and Doubles.

Wasn't there a tourney result you posted about a week ago?

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
Oh no no no, your good guy.

Lol, maybe if I move somewhere up north I could be in tourneys that much like that.

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
I haven't seen any of your matches Snakeee (but I'd like to since you're clearly pretty good). Is the "some Zelda" the result of transforming into her for kills when you're playing sheik, or do you actually play Zelda entirely during some matches? Haha, just wondering.

And yeah, definitely post your tourney results. It's always nice to see a Zelda player rank well in a tourney. :)

Snakeee

Smash Master
I haven't seen any of your matches Snakeee (but I'd like to since you're clearly pretty good). Is the "some Zelda" the result of transforming into her for kills when you're playing sheik, or do you actually play Zelda entirely during some matches? Haha, just wondering.

And yeah, definitely post your tourney results. It's always nice to see a Zelda player rank well in a tourney. :)
Usually transforming from Sheik, but there are a couple match ups where I may go solo Zelda. I did use Zelda by herself a couple of times in teams though.

Top Bottom