• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zero Suit Samus Questions & Answers

Nefarious B

Smash Champion
Just to make sure out of curiousity, which one of ZSS' aerials comes out in the shortest amount of frames? I would guess Nair, right?
It´s uair.

And how do you have a hard time juggling ROB? He´s one of the easiest to juggle, with horrible horizontal acceleration, bad fast fall, and nair-dair being mediocre options at best to cover his underside. Bait an airdodge with boost jump then uair.

FUNKLAB

Smash Cadet
It´s uair.

And how do you have a hard time juggling ROB? He´s one of the easiest to juggle, with horrible horizontal acceleration, bad fast fall, and nair-dair being mediocre options at best to cover his underside. Bait an airdodge with boost jump then uair.
O.o never said I had trouble juggling ROB. Far from it. But thanks for the Uair answer.

sasook

Smash Champion
Meh, fighting ROB when he's near Holy's level is harder than that. *shrug*

/johns

/knowshownoradfeels

AKC12

Smash Journeyman
this might have been answered already but

i know Dspecial could follow up with a far special jump, which in multiplayer mode, could only be done after a foot stool. i'm sure I've seen a few vids where the ZSS is on the ledge, then ZSS does Dspecial then does that special jump, but it doesn't look like it was from a footstool. so... enlighten me here

Zero Hour

Smash Apprentice
I'm posting this here because if it's been discovered i won't feel as humiliated. And it probably has been since its kind of obvious.

anyway... On stages like battle field and smashville ZSS can use her up b through bottom of the stage to hit players on the ledge. I don't know how useful this could be but you can ledge drop, double jump to the boost jump, then flip jump backwards and the recover with up b. It is easier to do on final destination by using the flip jump wall jump thing back to the ledge.

note: when recovering with the flip jump into the up B you must make sure the attack completely end or you will just do a kick to you doom. Also, this is NOT safe and has probably already been discovered and deemed as useless.

Nefarious B

Smash Champion
I like tether phasing or w/e we decided to call it, situational but useful. Jabbing or utilting out of it should be fast enough to work once or twice.

Nixernator

Smash Ace
TBH that wire thru the floor only works on your opponent once. The first time is the whole WTF reaction and you get back on stage.
Next time you do it your opponent either shields, or just runs out of range and edgehogs. GG.
Doesn't stop me from using it practically everytime I go on the edge on lylat.

Jordun

Smash Rookie
As much as this never happens, what do you guys do when your opponents shield has broke?
I would usually charge a smash, but seeing as hers don't have the best knockback in the world..
And my Forward B has usually gone stale. I could imagine charging a Down Smash, then follow up with a back air, but I'm not sure.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
PS1, Brinstar, to a certain extent Norfair and RC, and some people like Lylat.

Zero

Smash Hero
Castle Siege is also said to be one of her best stages. On another note, we ban Frigate and Japes, generally. Or then neutrals against Falco/IC.

mountain_tiger

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4441-8987-6303
Castle Siege is legal? I thought that they auto-banned all stages with walk-off ledges lol (I know that's only one of the transformations...)

Honestly, I usually go for neutrals not named Final Destination. Norfair is OK for ZSS too I think.

sasook

Smash Champion
Tiger, stages with temporary walkoffs are allowed. Look at Delfino.

I talked to Snakeee about CS at GT. He doesn't really think it's that great. He says it's not a bad stage for her, but it's not like amazing or anything.

In short, doesn't help nor harm her.

I have no input on it because I dunno how to play the stage. :laugh:

Nixernator

Smash Ace
Lylat cruise is my favorite CP, closely followed by BF and sometimes Norfair. I'd say ban Japes most of the time over Frigate, you can really deal with Frigate but Japes is just. Ugh.
And what I do after shield break really depends on their percentage, I did kill a Snake at like 60% with a fully charged Fsmash
on the walkoff part of castle siege

noradseven

Smash Lord
Lylat cruise is my favorite CP, closely followed by BF and sometimes Norfair. I'd say ban Japes most of the time over Frigate, you can really deal with Frigate but Japes is just. Ugh.
And what I do after shield break really depends on their percentage, I did kill a Snake at like 60% with a fully charged Fsmash
on the walkoff part of castle siege
Ban frigate really, I mean its not a great stage for us, but it shouldn't be giving you that much problems.

I p. much always ban neutrals because odds are you will lose the CP anyways, and I got a good ZSS on japes, the problem is I have problems killing, haha, but I can rack up damage their better than a good number of stages.

just remember on japes down B(just the flip) = god

The cool ZSS players CP cruise and NOfair all day BF and lylat are alright if your toury like banned the other 2, brinstar also rules.

Jordun

Smash Rookie
I'm starting to like Lylat Cruise for a counter pick.
I was playing on WiFail with a friend, but only choosing legal CP stages.
I didn't like brinstar that much, or PS 1.
What's good about PS 1 for Zero suit samus?
Is it just an overall good stage?

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
I prefer to ban BF on characters who pressure me too much. (MK and D3)
I LOVE FD, not sure why everybody doesn't. We can run all day long...
Brinstar is the best CP in the world! (Since Norfair is banned, and I'm iffy about RC.)

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
What's good about PS 1 for Zero suit samus?
Is it just an overall good stage?
Attacks go through stage hazards well. She's not as adversely affected by the glitchy ledges as some. Neutral section is also very large and open, with small platform, which ZSS likes, because she can camp, or control the platforms from below.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Guys, CP CS against Falco. They be trying to shoot you, going pew pew, and you be standing behind a platform and they be like, what tha **** is that? Sideb camp behind the statues and the be like, what tha **** is that? And when they get to close, you jump up on the platforms, get to the other side and be like awwww yeah. Maybe get a walk off chain grab on him if you got that god luck.
And on the first stage, get on the low side and crouch so they can't go pew pew while they be like, what tha **** is that?
Then go for a gimp on the last stage, cause the stage tilts like, a lot, and he be like, what the **** is that?

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Guys, CP CS against Falco. They be trying to shoot you, going pew pew, and you be standing behind a platform and they be like, what tha **** is that? Sideb camp behind the statues and the be like, what tha **** is that? And when they get to close, you jump up on the platforms, get to the other side and be like awwww yeah. Maybe get a walk off chain grab on him if you got that god luck.
And on the first stage, get on the low side and crouch so they can't go pew pew while they be like, what tha **** is that?
Then go for a gimp on the last stage, cause the stage tilts like, a lot, and he be like, what the **** is that?
The first part you can attempt not to approach, but we don't give a **** as we'll get you on the third part anyway.

On the second part we can avoid you further, and as soon as you open up we'll chaingrab you off the side with a buffered chaingrab

On the third part you're dead.

Yeah please CP CS against me, it's like giving a 'bye'

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
The third part? Please, You just wait till that **** tilts and it messes up that side b of yours. Dare I say a smaller Lylat cruise?
And the second part, nah, I be abusing platforms all day. And ya can't do the same to me cause of my up b.

Jordun

Smash Rookie
Attacks go through stage hazards well. She's not as adversely affected by the glitchy ledges as some. Neutral section is also very large and open, with small platform, which ZSS likes, because she can camp, or control the platforms from below.
That sounds good actually, I'll start playing there more. Thanks.

noradseven

Smash Lord
If they don't know they have to buffer then yeah you can. I think it only goes up to 30% or so, even when buffered.
If they buffer the grab it lasts till like 46% with the down B, but realistically most will drop it at like 30 something ish, regardless we will not die from a spike at this damage.

Some falco guy tested this with me helping him on the irc and I play a falco a good bit and I can never get out until like 30%, and he has gotten it to the 40s , and I mash the hell out of down B so I know its not on my side.

At the very least its in the late 30s though, what you gotta watch out for is right before it drops they will try to do something sneaking, like either a d-air wakeup mixup, a neutral to grab reset, or a dashattack->upsmash, the 2 later ones can be escaped if you are mashing up, but you are trying to do down B so lol, you will get hit by both, well maybe not the n-air reset.

Personally I just spam u-air, because it gets out of the chain only like 1 grab later, or something and you will not get ****ed up by, flip jumping out of falcos grab puts you in a poor posistion, hitting him with u-air puts you in a very good position.

FadedImage

Smash Journeyman
I dunno why everyone hates Japes, I like it. I dunno, I guess I just use grounded side-b a lot more nowadays, (which hits the side platforms just fine from the middle area). Plus you survive off the top for decades, most excellent. AND no gimps!

Frigate is the worst ): I get so frustrated at how small that stage is, and freaking out about the no ledge doesn't help. the other side isn't bad, but the curves make side-b spacing a pain.

Castle Siege is great against MK imo. you get a lot of opportunities to walk-off him during the second transformation. and he can never go under the stage, so it's a bit uncomfortable for him to recover because it cuts off that glide forever nonsense.

mountain_tiger

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4441-8987-6303
I dunno why everyone hates Japes, I like it. I dunno, I guess I just use grounded side-b a lot more nowadays, (which hits the side platforms just fine from the middle area). Plus you survive off the top for decades, most excellent. AND no gimps!
The large vertical space is a double-edged sword. On the one hand, yes you survive for much longer. On the other hand, you can't kill your opponent until very high percents most of the time. If you're playing against a super heavyweight they can live to over 200% with good DI. Plus quite a lot of ZSS players I've seen don't seem to get gimped on any stage unless they're playing against MK or something.

Frigate is the worst ): I get so frustrated at how small that stage is, and freaking out about the no ledge doesn't help. the other side isn't bad, but the curves make side-b spacing a pain.
I agree. Frigate Orpheon sucks. :(

Castle Siege is great against MK imo. you get a lot of opportunities to walk-off him during the second transformation. and he can never go under the stage, so it's a bit uncomfortable for him to recover because it cuts off that glide forever nonsense.
Uncomfortable how exactly? He still next to never gets gimped and can recover from just about anywhere. If you're talking about stalling by gliding under the stage, then that's a good thing, though I'd have thought most TOs banned stalling like that.

What I really like about the second stage is the fact that you can refresh your moves by jabbing the statues, thus giving you a completely fresh Bair, Uair, side B and Fair. Oh, and platform antics are always fun.

Legendary Pikachu

Smash Ace
Hi all. Just visiting with a present for everybody.

Anywayz, cutting to the chase:

I was wondering if you guys could make use of this new AT with pikachu? I'm teaming with my bro (arc-thefallen-, plays Toon Link and Samus) and am going to advance the technique. Here's the original post AND video! ^_^ enjoy!

http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=8104088&postcount=14

Thanks for the time. Hope you like and laugh. Please pm me if you have any neat contributions or comments--i'd appreciate that. :D

Zero

Smash Hero
Maybe D3. Marth's sliding reverse pivot grab and other funny crap like that could also do it. But well spaced, it's generally safe from standing grabs.

KROE

Smash Cadet
Yay, ZSS, so this is where I go for help and stuff for Samus, I hope everyone here wouldn't mind helping me, well when I have more time, I'm still trying to learn how to use this forum, I hope to see alot of you here! n_n =3

Top Bottom