• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zero Suit Samus Questions & Answers

Paw

Smash Ace
NNID
pawzor
what i usually do is one of two things. Powershield the dair and OoS upair when its over since it has some delay for the next move. or if they are approaching you with float you can short hop bair or fair since it will come out faster then their slow fair. Also its pretty easy to SDI the dair if you do get hit by it.

Dakpo

Smash Lord
what i usually do is one of two things. Powershield the dair and OoS upair when its over since it has some delay for the next move. or if they are approaching you with float you can short hop bair or fair since it will come out faster then their slow fair. Also its pretty easy to SDI the dair if you do get hit by it.
While the Up Air out of shield usually works against any peach, trying to bair or fair a floating approaching peach can be a fatal mistake. Peach players bait stuff like this all the time when they are floating, HARD. Although it is very nice to get away with stuff like this, be cautioned that you can and will get baited by good peach players.
Up air out of shield is your best option.

FEAR977

Smash Apprentice
Can someone please tell me good stages to counter pick against marth?
Thanks.

Zero

Smash Hero
Your favourite stage. He does well on the stages we do well on. Especially Battlefield.

Or Final Destination, Marth hates approaching on flat ground.

Deathfox30

Smash Journeyman
Is it possible to stutter step a dsmash?

If so, how?
Stutter step D Smashing is explained in this thread:

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=290772

You might also want to take a look at this:

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=290513

Does any1 have any videos of stage tricks that can be done with Zss I need to learn the stages more :(
I don't think any exist.

Here's most of the tricks I know:

Platform cancel/shield drop - Any stage with a moving platform

Flip kick cancel - Any stage, just aim the kick so you slide off the edge as you land

Super jump cancel (not sure if it has a real name) - It can be done on any stage that you can go through. Delfino, halberd, etc Just drop down then do a super jump and you should tether the ledge briefly then land on stage with no lag. I don't think there's a video of this at all and nobody really uses it...

GR > D smash? Not sure if this works, but I think ZSS can grab release MK and other characters into D smash on the top part of Rainbow Cruise while it's moving.

On FD you can drop down and downB off the bottom of the stage and regrab the ledge. You can super jump under the lip then wall jump or down B back to the ledge. I don't think either is really that useful.

You can instant wall jump on a lot of stages with ledges that allow you to wall jump.

You can drop down off the ledge on BF and SV and super jump and your whip will go for the ledge then come back allowing you to use any of your aerials before you hit the ground. If you aim right you can go through smashville doing this too.

There's probably some things I'm forgetting. But most of the stage specific ZSS tricks are there.

PEACE7

Smash Champion
I see but doing the down b on the edge when getting edgeguarded will sometimes make your opponent leave the edge as soon a you down b once since they think you are done for and can sometimes really save your stock once you do your second flip since you will land safely on the ledge if he has left it.

FEAR977

Smash Apprentice
:zerosuitsamus:What are the best options for punishing after a grb release on squirtle?:zerosuitsamus:

Deathfox30

Smash Journeyman
:zerosuitsamus:I worded it poorly. I meant after you grab release him off stage, then what is the best follow up?:zerosuitsamus:
Uhm, run off and Fair, D smash him when he double jumps/Up B's, if he tries to do a rising Fair, shield and punished with buffered Uair OoS. I'm pretty sure there isn't a guaranteed followup, just read what they do.

HotWings

Smash Ace
Hey, im trying to figure out the counterpick for all characters so im going to all the Q&A threads of all the characters and posting this. I would like for you to give me your characters worst MU and worst stage so it saves me a lot of time researching it myself and testing stuff.

I would really appreciate it if you all helped me out.

Hope to get some answers pretty soon.

SASSY

Smash Journeyman
Hey, im trying to figure out the counterpick for all characters so im going to all the Q&A threads of all the characters and posting this. I would like for you to give me your characters worst MU and worst stage so it saves me a lot of time researching it myself and testing stuff.

I would really appreciate it if you all helped me out.

Hope to get some answers pretty soon.
I love that you have two Falco icons. This almost seems like a troll attempt lol.

Most stages are okay for us. In singles it's mostly dependent on what character we are facing. Generally I try to avoid Brinstar. It isn't that we are really bad there... It's just that a bunch of other characters are better than us there. It's a good ban vs mk, kirby, wario, ness, lucas, ganon, etc. I like it vs like... spacies. Also, Frigate is a little risky, but usually not too bad if you play smart... I usually just try to ban it in doubles to avoid bs. It hurts a lot of characters worse than us, but I also wouldn't enjoy fighting MK there.

Dakpo

Smash Lord
if you dair the ligament bubbles (or whatever you call them) and spam the jump button, you can jump immediately after contact.

FEAR977

Smash Apprentice
if you dair the ligament bubbles (or whatever you call them) and spam the jump button, you can jump immediately after contact.
Thanks Dakpo, and you should definatly do that stage trick vid, it will really help.

quiKsilverItaly

Smash Journeyman
hello zss-board!

do u guys use the down-b spike after the downsmash (offstage)?

i've created setups you can hit them everywhere you paraylize them (except they have the chance to di on the stage). it's difficult but if you master them, you can spike (and kill) everytime a enemy when you hit them with the dsmash offstage. so i wanted to ask, if it's already common.

Top Bottom