• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zero Suit Samus Questions & Answers

Dumbfire

Sex? Yes, I'm familiar with the theory
NNID
AncientSunlight
I had some post but it was wrong so I changed it and it wasn't long enough so I added extra O's and a sorry.
Ignore.

Zero

Smash Hero
Okay, downB platform cancels are /kinda/ risky because if you even get shielded, the hitlag means that you can get punished for it. That being said, it's a decent mixup which is mostly safe and has a very good reward.

downB platform cancels are amazing for controlling airspace, especially if your opponent is airborne. You can set up quite a few very nice frame traps with high damage output and potentially a kill. Play with it on Battlefield and Brinstar and see what you can come up with.

culexus・wau

Purchased premium only to change name ><
Bair is a nice way to get them off you too.

in fact doing the bair while pikmin are on you makes the hitbox stay out longer.

this is true for all hitboxes with good amounts of hitlag

Nefarious B

Smash Champion
FWK it's true that the hitbox stays out but that's not a good thing when you're trying to get the pikmin off. If you're trying to get the pikmin off you aren't spacing to hit olimar, the extra time just gives him more opportunity to punish you

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
I want zs to be my 2ndary and i have a question or 2.

How do you get a huge jump out of the Down+B jump? I see so many ZS Down+B then just some super huge jump after it.

What is the safest way to jab? It seems people PS my 3rd jab all the time!!!

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
I want zs to be my 2ndary and i have a question or 2.

How do you get a huge jump out of the Down+B jump? I see so many ZS Down+B then just some super huge jump after it.

What is the safest way to jab? It seems people PS my 3rd jab all the time!!!
Down-b footstool. Input a jump any time during the down-b, and you'll footstool off of people, invulnerable people, and items.

Jab is always PSable on third hit. Mix-up your timings on your jabs, and your unsafe cancels on your jabs.

Yeah, that's the real answer.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
so is it best to use both jabs and cancel the 3rd then restart and go thru with all 3 as some sort of trick?

Nefarious B

Smash Champion
He's talking about the normal footstool jump, which I don't know how to do out of a down b either :( I can only do the flipstool cannon ball one

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
Oh. The super high type of jump IIRC is only done if the opponent is not in an idle animation, or hanging from he ledge.
I think I tested this a little.

Micklem

Smash Apprentice
wuut
Am I missing something
I thought it was an even MU
Fox's early kills make up for that??
k, imma start reading the MU guide

Does it work on any fast-fallers?

Zero

Smash Hero
Works on Captain Falcon and Sheik for a few reps at 0%.

Works on Falco and Wolf from 0 to mid.

Works on Fox from 0 to high.

Fox MU is a bit of an enigma around here. I'm still certain that it's ZSS advantage.

Micklem

Smash Apprentice
Lul it works on falco.. How had I not heard of this before
Although I don't really have much to complain about in the mu lol.
Thanks zero

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
wuut
Am I missing something
I thought it was an even MU
Fox's early kills make up for that??
k, imma start reading the MU guide

Does it work on any fast-fallers?
It's even BECAUSE of this.
Why the **** is Fox ever just standing therel etting you use a 20-frame move, when he's ****ing Fox?

Works on Captain Falcon and Sheik for a few reps at 0%.

Works on Falco and Wolf from 0 to mid.

Works on Fox from 0 to high.

Fox MU is a bit of an enigma around here. I'm still certain that it's ZSS advantage.
Works on Snake for like 1 rep.
Not much, but it helps.

Micklem

Smash Apprentice
..Really? Nickriddle just said 20 frame moves only hit if your opponent stands still?
It's called reading. Not to mention that dsmash has fair range and priority
I'm not saying spam it. Like most of what zss does it's situational. She's a good character because she has so many situational means of racking up damage that she's set for most situations, if you're fast enough.

Anyway, I admit it doesn't happen all that often, but surely it happens at least once per game? (I'm guessing here, quite possibly entirely wrong)

Anyway thanks for the info.

Zero

Smash Hero
It is called reading. Spot a Fox player abusing airdodging into you? Dsmash that **** for a free kill. I think this is one MU that the pivot dsmash thing that Z1GMA posted about recently would be very useful, as Fox mains are very reliant on safe nair spacing, and it using it would be like a wavedash dsmash.

IMO the thing to remember in this matchup is to not get caught in your shield. You beat all of Fox's aerials ezpz. Just don't get intimidated, keep moving.

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
..Really? Nickriddle just said 20 frame moves only hit if your opponent stands still?
It's called reading. Not to mention that dsmash has fair range and priority
I'm not saying spam it. Like most of what zss does it's situational. She's a good character because she has so many situational means of racking up damage that she's set for most situations, if you're fast enough.

Anyway, I admit it doesn't happen all that often, but surely it happens at least once per game? (I'm guessing here, quite possibly entirely wrong)

Anyway thanks for the info.

Edit: re-thought about that... yeah, I'd forgotten it was fox. he could run the stage back and forth many times in 20 frames. But it's useful on other characters.
See, you must not know me.
Hi, I'm NickRiddle. I think D-smash is ZSS's best move.
I would maybe use 2-3 vs. a Fox player. He moves way too fast, ALWAYS has the option to camp, and if he sees it coming, dair > move for free.

It is called reading. Spot a Fox player abusing airdodging into you? Dsmash that **** for a free kill. I think this is one MU that the pivot dsmash thing that Z1GMA posted about recently would be very useful, as Fox mains are very reliant on safe nair spacing, and it using it would be like a wavedash dsmash.

IMO the thing to remember in this matchup is to not get caught in your shield. You beat all of Fox's aerials ezpz. Just don't get intimidated, keep moving.
Fox is small, fast, always has the option to camp, and kills you at 90.

I'm not worried about Fox's aerials when I'm in the air.
I'm worried about Fox just faking us out, and then ****** us for it... Fox is really good at that, and ZSS usually has to commit to what she's doing.

Micklem

Smash Apprentice
Hi nr. Thanks for being helpful. When I asked about the MU I was indeed insulting you personally for spamming dsmash.

I get that fox gets the early kills, and that he's hard to catch with the dsmash. I also get that zss has ways around his camping (since the lasers don't stun like falco's), that zss wins in the air and that gimps and dsmashes do happen. The trick there is in your use of the phrase 'if he sees it coming'.

Anyway, I was only here to ask about the combo, and thanks zero for answering.

Top Bottom