• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zero Suit Samus Questions & Answers

quiKsilverItaly

Smash Journeyman
yea but i mean the most time i see videos of zss, i just see bairs or side-b and that stuff after the dsmash :p

Zero

Smash Hero
Footstooling after dsmash is a guaranteed kill on quite a few characters on the cast. Meteor Smash can be DI'd and recovered from.

PEACE7

Smash Champion
Is banana lock harder than the infinite on Rob? Because I was trying out the infinite on Rob today and its not as hard as I though it would be, it would be sick if banana lock was easier ,although its probably wayy harder :(

Dakpo

Smash Lord
banana infinite is about equal and a lot more useful
the steps to the banana infinite are
1.down smash
2. spam the jump button until you footstool (trust me, this makes you less likely to miss the footstool)
3 throw down the banana (this is where the timing is pretty flexible, also make sure you throw the banana on the side of diddy you want him to trip towards)
4. Fast fall ASAP
5. Z catch the banana
6. throw banana down
7.down smash
8. rinse and rapeet

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
Can someone explain to me what to do when Kirby gets the lead? I'm pretty sure I might as well just unplug my controller, because you don't have any options. At all.

I was at a smashfest and Dark.pch was laughing at me because our Kirby gained the lead and basically ran away for the next 6 minutes getting chip damage and I had no options to prevent that. Every time I jumped, he shielded, and Kirby's SH/SHbair are too low to punish. Then, dark.pch took my controller and said "look it's not that hard" and got wrecked by the same strategy (with ZSS) so uh, someone help.

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
Can someone explain to me what to do when Kirby gets the lead? I'm pretty sure I might as well just unplug my controller, because you don't have any options. At all.

I was at a smashfest and Dark.pch was laughing at me because our Kirby gained the lead and basically ran away for the next 6 minutes getting chip damage and I had no options to prevent that. Every time I jumped, he shielded, and Kirby's SH/SHbair are too low to punish. Then, dark.pch took my controller and said "look it's not that hard" and got wrecked by the same strategy (with ZSS) so uh, someone help.
Stop being bad?
What's he doing to keep you out?
Just throw out spacing moveso n his shield, and hope they work.
Or, you know, normal shield pressure.

If he's doing stuff that's really low, just d-smash.
Explain better!

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
Uh, he's not doing anything. He doesn't have to do anything to keep me out. He just has to hold shield when I get close, or when I jump. He SHbair is too big and low to punish. Grab is scary because it goes right over him about half the time.

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
Grab shouldn't be going over him if he isn't crouching.
You must be getting the miss-box often.
Just charge a d-smash on shield?
IT'S THE ANSWER TO EVERYTHING!

solecalibur

Smash Master
Rob loop is easy but improbable in tounry while naner lock is, for kirby just harrass his sheild with spacing moves like dtilt (ftilit?) Sheild doesn't last forever, never had a problem with a kirby b4

Dakpo

Smash Lord
Rob loop is easy but improbable in tounry while naner lock is, for kirby just harrass his sheild with spacing moves like dtilt (ftilit?) Sheild doesn't last forever, never had a problem with a kirby b4
basically what i was going to say, just PS the SH bairs. They are very predictable and if you do it right they can be punished with a ftilt.

PEACE7

Smash Champion
What are some of our options whenever our opponent gets their hands on our armor pieces besides instant Z catching like is there more? Also is jab good for when the pieces are thrown at us?

PEACE7

Smash Champion
Dakpo I don't think you can stop them with jab. Also I seen combo videos where Zss upB's snake onto the ground gets a dsmash and than upB's again repeating this over and over for good damage and than finish it with something like bair is there like a certain range of damage the snaKe needs to be in? And they can get out of it right? if they tech the upB against the ground?

Dakpo

Smash Lord
Dakpo I don't think you can stop them with jab. Also I seen combo videos where Zss upB's snake onto the ground gets a dsmash and than upB's again repeating this over and over for good damage and than finish it with something like bair is there like a certain range of damage the snaKe needs to be in? And they can get out of it right? if they tech the upB against the ground?
They can get out of it at any percent and should only be attempted if you feel lucky. Any percent above 50 is usually fine. But warning, it is SUPER easy to get out of.

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
It depends a lot on the opponent and the % they're at, like, if it's MK at 90 and your uair is fresh charged dsmash, nonchargex2 uair.

I don't think fsmash is ever the right answer though since charging it doesn't increase kb and bair, second hit fair, and side-b all have higher KB at all times.

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
No, it doesn't increase KB or damage, except in the sourspot lol. The section that does the most damage and kbs the most doesn't ever change with a charge.

Paw

Smash Ace
NNID
pawzor
i had no idea charging it doesn't increase KB. I just assumed it wasn't a completely awful move -_-. good to know!

FEAR977

Smash Apprentice
So just to clear it up, if someones shield breaks, fully charging a side smash will be just as effective as just using it without charging?

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
So just to clear it up, if someones shield breaks, fully charging a side smash will be just as effective as just using it without charging?

Sadly, yes.
Though the possibility of them getting oput of shield stun before your smash even hits them is possible, because the move is that bad

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
But...
Does it increase hit-stun?
All electric-type moves have more hitstun than normal, but I don't know if charging them gives them even more.
If so, charging would still kill earlier. :3

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
But...
Does it increase hit-stun?
All electric-type moves have more hitstun than normal, but I don't know if charging them gives them even more.
If so, charging would still kill earlier. :3
Electric type moves only have more shield stun and hitlag. They don't have more hitstun than usual.

With that said, charging moves doesn't increase hitstun. It only increases damage done, which directly increases hitstun itself. It isn't a big distinction, but it's there. So no, charging fsmash literally has zero effect at the sweet spot. The only thing charging fsmash does is make a bad move worse. :D

With that said, I do like fsmash because it's so bad no one ever expects you to use it.

quiKsilverItaly

Smash Journeyman
Hello.
Please tell me in your opinion the best stages for zss (i just found one old thread) and why.

and

Zss has on Wolf and Fox have a Downsmash-Chain. If you got them near the edge, just chain them to the edge, and at the moment they get offstage you should hit them with a down-b. They should die at ~60%.
Well, not a question, just a thing i wanted to tell.

Top Bottom