• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zero Suit Samus Questions & Answers

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
I like Battlefield.

But otherwise ZSS doesn't really have any bad stages which usually just means her good stage is whatever her opponent is bad on. You usually end up CPing Rainbow Cruise or Brinstar, if the ban RC.

quiKsilverItaly

Smash Journeyman
i like battlefield, too. i always pick bf with zss and samus, but if the enemies know, they ban.
i am searching a real counterpick-stage, i also like brinstar, should test it even more. rc is often in europe banned.
i've read pokemon stadium 1 should be nice, but i dont get it, why it is on zss favour.
and another time i read lylat cruise would be good, but imo i hate this stage, cause the tilts are bad to control cause the ground is moving ;(

MdrnDayMercutio

Smash Champion
I will occasionally use FSmash in doubles, with the right sitation.

People forget it exists, and the range of it and it can occasionally hit both charging parties, or at least force shields on the front and hit the one behind you cause people never remeber it hits back there. Plus the rear hit box is practically a pop up so you can work with that.

But that is a rare situation that it'll work and I wouldn't try it against some players.

Deathfox30

Smash Journeyman
I think it's because I pivoted when I picked up the banana towards the end. The training mode tip was really helpful, I've almost got it down perfectly now. :3

Tesh

Smash Hero
How good is double ZSS in teams? Horrible? Amazing? Meh?

Any awesome tricks I should know?

Whats ZSS best partners?

Dakpo

Smash Lord
double zss is lulz, the problem with it is mainly the fact she has long spacing tools. Another issue is that usually the players play styles collide which amplify the normal disadvantages...for more info, take this question to the Zss question and answer thread

Tesh

Smash Hero
double zss is lulz, the problem with it is mainly the fact she has long spacing tools. Another issue is that usually the players play styles collide which amplify the normal disadvantages...for more info, take this question to the Zss question and answer thread
??????

This is the Q&A thread..... right?

FEAR977

Smash Apprentice
What can Zss do on pokemon stadium 2? Does she have any tricks or anything like that?

PEACE7

Smash Champion
I need some set ups with the armor pieces because I just usually just throw one piece down one up and glidetoss the other one up I want to be able to make them last as much as possible and have more setups in mind any ideas?

Zero

Smash Hero
glide toss up approach > try to get around them to bair them into the piece > dsmash > x

Salem has it in his death combo video and while I think the dB meteor is very situational and greedy and won't work anyway the concept behind it is solid and very rewarding.

air toss down > catch > land

An effective mixup that leaves your shield nigh unpunishable.

while in air, z catch a grounded item > glide toss

A safe way to grab an armour piece and immediately attack/escape from a sticky situation.

Be creative.

ccst

Smash Ace
Switch FC
4825-3626-0014
Hello Zero Suit Samus boards; just a question. What do you think about the R.O.B. MU and why? Thanks in advance!

Dakpo

Smash Lord
this match up really fun for us. We can juggle rob all day and essentially beat hit recover options. Way in our favor, even without the infinite

FEAR977

Smash Apprentice
Can smoeone give me tips on the d3 mu. I've been having trouble lately and I figured asking about it may help. So...any tips?

Zero

Smash Hero
Hold shield and wait for him to hit it, then grab him.

Don't approach unless you have to.

Watch out for autocancelled dair, it's pretty g.

Don't sideB much.

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
Hold shield and wait for him to hit it, then grab him.

Don't approach unless you have to.

Watch out for autocancelled dair, it's pretty g.

Don't sideB much.
You can punish Waddle throws with side-b. Just make sure they aren't Gordos.

ccst

Smash Ace
Switch FC
4825-3626-0014
this match up really fun for us. We can juggle rob all day and essentially beat hit recover options. Way in our favor, even without the infinite
That sounds true. Agreeing with 35:65 R.O.B.'s disadvantage?

BioDG

Smash Ace
A couple questions to fellow seasoned zero suits:

1. Jab1-2 cancelling to Jab1: I know this isn't some kind of top-priority option, but on the same coin, how would you rate its usefulness? While training the other day, I noticed I don't think about mixing-up my jabs to use this as one of my options. I know she isn't Ike, so I figured it wouldn't be that great of an option...but after doing it a few times, I'm having second thoughts.

2. Dash Attack: What's the usual strategy when you guys use this move? I know it's really good when it's unpredictable, but I have noticed it has been responsible for most of my punishment in matches.

Can smoeone give me tips on the d3 mu. I've been having trouble lately and I figured asking about it may help. So...any tips?
That picture in your sig looks like...you're going to get punished. o_O

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
In my guide I will directly address both of these issues, but basically:

dash attack is useful for how it affects opponents after it connects. It is a high-risk, high-reward combo starter that can put opponents off-stage or in bad positions. It's mostly a punisher though, and using it as an approach is a really bad idea.

Jab1-Jab1 is really hilarious and combos once or twice on some light weights until they DI any direction lol, but beyond that isn't a very good idea.

BioDG

Smash Ace
Ah, thank you for that Dash Attack insight. I knew there was something strange about my application of it...

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Hey i have a question, i went into yalls "in depth statistics on attacks" thread.

Total Frames: 35
Hitbox out on Frame: 20

So that means there's 15 frames of cooldown between when the move hits and when she can move again?

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
Can someone give me a list of all or most of zss's true combos?

:phone:
This is Brawl.
With the lack of hitstun, as well as SDI/DI, there aren't really combos.
She has an f-throw CG on some characters. There's a thread about it somewhere in here.
D-smash lock.
D-smash > anything.
Everything else is basically DIable.

FEAR977

Smash Apprentice
That's what I thought, but the fox boards have a list of all of their true combos. So I thought maybe we had some.

:phone:

Susi

Smash Apprentice
Did anyone know about paralyzer shot locking abitities? It looks so weird.

I found out few weird and funny things yesterday, just cant remember them anymore <_<.

Deathfox30

Smash Journeyman
Did anyone know about paralyzer shot locking abitities? It looks so weird.
Yup. There's a string on Falco with it. "Nair3" > paralyzer > w/e We should probably be abusing it more on BF to lock people we force edge slips on but oh well.

Nefarious B

Smash Champion
Yup. There's a string on Falco with it. "Nair3" > paralyzer > w/e We should probably be abusing it more on BF to lock people we force edge slips on but oh well.
I've pulled it off a couple times, it's easiest if you do a falling fair from SH to knock them off the plat in my experience.

Top Bottom