• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zelda's new tier list placement

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
Good luck getting the little guy offstage. He's a campy defensive wall.
he's also very light weight. And, as said earlier, sheik doesn't have a WHOLE lot of problems getting inside of camping.

Too bad you'll get grabbed in the process.
to use Mr.Eh logic:
If the Sheik is retarted

Alphatron

Smash Champion
Zelda sucks alot less than Link and Ganon and only slightly less than the koopa king.

MrEh

Smash Hero
he's also very light weight
Olimar is super light, but Sheik is weak. So therefore, Sheik kills Olimar a bit later then most characters. (assuming no gimps)

Sheik is also light. And Olimar can actually kill things. That's not good at all.

And, as said earlier, sheik doesn't have a WHOLE lot of problems getting inside of camping.
If you get inside the camp, that's great. Now enjoy the pivot grabs.

to use Mr.Eh logic:
If the Sheik is retarted
Correct.

Zelda sucks alot less than Link and Ganon and only slightly less than the koopa king
Well, it's very hard to suck more then Link and Ganon. They're bottom tier for a reason. (poor guys)

As for Bowser, he's pretty much the cutoff for the crappy characters in the game. He's the most borderline of all the low tiers anyway. Consider everyone above Bowser to be average, while everyone below him to be terrible.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
Olimar is super light, but Sheik is weak. So therefore, Sheik kills Olimar a bit later then most characters. (assuming no gimps)

Sheik is also light. And Olimar can actually kill things. That's not good at all.
Hence olimar prbably having an advantage. A small one.

If you get inside the camp, that's great. Now enjoy the pivot grabs.
Sheik will get inside those also. Not all of them, but enough.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Olimar players will even tell you that Sheik has some stuff on Olimar.........including a very good approach option on him. Due to his grab not having grab armor or whatever it's called.......Sheik can nair through Pikmin and land into a jab which beats any attempts by Olimar to grab Sheik.

With decayed ftilt>usmash on Oli she has a viable means of killing without gimps and her tipper is one of the most lethal vertical killers in the game.

She also has little trouble dealing with Pikmin throws and she completely owns him offstage. Even Olimar players will tell you that Sheik is a pretty close to even matchup.

sniperworm

Smash Ace
Olimar players will even tell you that Sheik has some stuff on Olimar.........including a very good approach option on him. Due to his grab not having grab armor or whatever it's called.......Sheik can nair through Pikmin and land into a jab which beats any attempts by Olimar to grab Sheik.
I'm just gonna say that while this is true, nothing is stopping Olimar from using a retreating pivot grab to get you as you're landing or shielding the jab and grabbing/Usmashing OoS later.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
Sheik an oli aren't even. although if your not going Peach for that fight Sheik is a much better option than Zelda is.....
I'm normally going Sonic or Peach... but if they CP my zelda pick with an Oli, I'm going to press down B and attempt to make the best of it as sheik. It's NOT even, but he's not good enough against sheik to be a soft counter to her.

Sheik is so fast, she has the ability to stop Olimar from grabbing her all the time. She won't stop every attempt, of course, but speed's a nice thing.

get one low damage gimp against him and suddenly this matchup looks a lot better.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
As for Bowser, he's pretty much the cutoff for the crappy characters in the game. He's the most borderline of all the low tiers anyway. Consider everyone above Bowser to be average, while everyone below him to be terrible.
Bowser isn't tournament viable so it really doesn't matter.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
If you say Zelda is like Ganondorf you honestly have never played him...

Zelda is slow, that´s true, but she actually has some fast and relatively safe options like D-smash and D-tilt. Ganondorf, on the other hand, doesn´t have a single move that could actually be called fast and safe. His fastest attacks are grab, Nair and Uair with hitboxes coming out on frames 6, 7 and 7, but grab has horrible range and the two others are not safe because of their long cooldown times.

Edit: Oops, now I´m the one starting an argument... forget this.
Lol, without turning this into a zelda vs Gannon
A fast move isn't a safe one persay. I wasn't trying to say they have the same attack speeds though I was talking about play style.
With both of them you have to play a defensive/punishment game to be effective. their moveself don't exactly allow for very all out aggressive approaches because of their over all slow start ups and lack of viable pressure tools.
Range and shield stun also play huge roles in safety and zelda's move while having range more often than not lack the shield stun to even be worth using for anything except confirmed hits ftilt usmash dsmash jab... zelda has no real attacks she can' throw out without fear of punishment. Even the almighty Fsmash is easy to punish and easier to avoid for most characters. Coming here as a sheik wolf bowser main it is very debilitating not being able to safely apply pressure to my opponent.

On the current issue.
I've played a few Oli's with my sheik I haven't had much issue. he is too slow for sheik, she can punish the tinyest holes and It's really easy to force mistakes.

Ochobobo

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1075-1052-5472
It's really ridiculous how quickly Zelda can crouch down to a full kneel and then quickly stand back up, and do it again multiple times with no lag.

With all that exercising you'd think she'd be a faster runner.

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
It's really ridiculous how quickly Zelda can crouch down to a full kneel and then quickly stand back up, and do it again multiple times with no lag.

With all that exercising you'd think she'd be a faster runner.
Maybe her boots are made of bronze or something. Or it could be the dress.

I swear I trip more with Zelda than with any other character.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Walking with Zelda is a top tier mindgame. People just feel the need to run after you, at which point you reverse fsmash them to the face.

I've had people run into it 2 or 3 times in a row, lol.

Half-Split Soul

Smash Lord
Zelda loses her hyphen U-smash, fast dash attack and slow dash grab when walking but it´s not a bad trade for actually getting more options. Besides, all of those can be done without actually running from the initial dash.

Also, I personally think she´ll keep falling in tier list. Not that anyone cares my predictions though...

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Zelda loses her hyphen U-smash, fast dash attack and slow dash grab when walking but it´s not a bad trade for actually getting more options. Besides, all of those can be done without actually running from the initial dash.

Also, I personally think she´ll keep falling in tier list. Not that anyone cares my predictions though...
What's a Hyphen U smash?

It's not like Zelda running makes her significantly faster in the first place. lol

And yeah, Zelda is destined to fall unless people start placing with her. Since that's not going to happen...

E Tier here we come!

Zelda for last place! xD

MrEh

Smash Hero
It's not like Zelda running makes her significantly faster in the first place. lol

And yeah, Zelda is destined to fall unless people start placing with her. Since that's not going to happen...

E Tier here we come!

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
Maybe her boots are made of bronze or something. Or it could be the dress.

I swear I trip more with Zelda than with any other character.
her boots are clearly made of lightning....

harvested by making leather out of the finest pikachu hides.

Microbe

Smash Rookie
Walking with Zelda is a top tier mindgame. People just feel the need to run after you, at which point you reverse fsmash them to the face.

I've had people run into it 2 or 3 times in a row, lol.
I believe it was Mr. Eh who once said, "Walking is the new wavedash" (If it wasn't Mr. Eh, then I appologise to whoever it was who DID say it :embarrass).

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
her boots are clearly made of lightning....

harvested by making leather out of the finest pikachu hides.
WUT?!?!?!?!?

Come on now, the finest Pikachu hide would give her a speed boost.... there's no way she'd be 3rd slowest in the game with those babies on.

Besides the fact that hunting Pikachus for their precious skin & fur is illegal. Arrest Zelda! ARREST HER NAO!!! :mad:

Or maybe Link did it and gave them to her as a gift.... he is pretty well-equipped..... and those shady features......

Liiiiiink.............. :evil:

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
WUT?!?!?!?!?

Come on now, the finest Pikachu hide would give her a speed boost.... there's no way she'd be 3rd slowest in the game with those babies on.

Besides the fact that hunting Pikachus for their precious skin & fur is illegal. Arrest Zelda! ARREST HER NAO!!! :mad:

Or maybe Link did it and gave them to her as a gift.... he is pretty well-equipped..... and those shady features......

Liiiiiink.............. :evil:
Isn't Zelda tied for 2nd slowest in the game.

but she's a princess. She can do what she wants, screw what's illegal in Kanto, Johto or Sinoh

as if link could beat a pikachu...

sniperworm

Smash Ace
I've started walking with Zelda. There's basically no difference... right?
You mean you always used to run, lol? Walking definitely has it's uses for most characters.

However, there is a difference between walking and running. From Mew2King's posts on gamespot about walking and running speed:

http://www.gamespot.com/wii/action/supersmashbros/show_msgs.php?topic_id=m-1-42222051&pid=928518

Mew2King said:
Walking vs Running Speed Increase - how many times your speed increases when you run instead of walking. Note that things like Sheik and ZSS they both increase by the same amount but due to things like rounding, only doing 1 stage to test it on, and walking speed acceleration compared to other characters especially, results might vary slightly from what they truely may be, but this is a fairly accurate list given the frames I have tested.

2.62 Charizard
2.55 C.Falcon
2.36 Sonic
1.97 Bowser
1.85 Lucas
1.64 Ness
1.62 Ganondorf
1.61 Wario
1.61 Snake
1.59 Olimar
1.58 Ike
1.58 Jigglypuff
1.58 Peach
1.54 Metaknight
1.53 Zelda
1.51 ZSS
1.5 Sheik
1.48 Yoshi
1.48 Ivysaur
1.46 Fox
1.46 ICs
1.46 Pikachu
1.45 Kirby
1.44 GW
1.43 Lucario
1.42 Diddy
1.4 Toon Link
1.4 Mario
1.39 Samus
1.39 DK
1.38 ROB
1.34 Pit
1.32 DDD
1.27 Luigi
1.2 Marth
1.17 Squirtle
1.15 Falco
1.13 Link
1.12 Wolf
Zelda's actually pretty high on the list, meaning that the difference between her walking and running speed is noticable (although she's still really slow either way).

Brinzy

Godfather of the Crimean Mafia
NNID
Brinzy
I mean that I've started to run a lot less. The second sentence wasn't a real question - I know there's a difference, but like you said, she's slow either way. That's why I dropped running... along with the fact that tripping is stupid.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
Zelda's run is like 1.53 times faster than her walk!

I don't walk with wolf no point. you are better off jumping to move with wolf...

Running isn't that bad I just never run towards my opponent unless it for a hopeful punish.

mountain_tiger

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4441-8987-6303
I mean that I've started to run a lot less. The second sentence wasn't a real question - I know there's a difference, but like you said, she's slow either way. That's why I dropped running... along with the fact that tripping is stupid.
And this is the reason that I like to approach through the air; IIRC it's about the same speed as dashing, and there's no risk of tripping.

Top Bottom