• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zelda's new tier list placement

MrEh

Smash Hero
Against Ike, there's no reason to use Zelda when you can just kick him over and over again with Sheik. lol

Ike is laughably slow. And this is coming from a Bowser main.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
Against Ike, there's no reason to use Zelda when you can just kick him over and over again with Sheik. lol

Ike is laughably slow. And this is coming from a Bowser main.
Truth... other than Dsmash ****, Zelda doesn't do anything against Ike better than sheik does. But, still.. doesn't that count as Z/S since you started as Zelda and pressed down+B after the point in which you could counterpick?

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
EDIT: Yeah, that's why I mentioned MK already.

I should just second MK.

G&W coming to wreck my princess? MK'd.

Falco coming to PEW PEW!? MK'd.

Ike coming to get free money? MK'd in low tier, fo srs.

Sonic coming to call her slow? MK'd.

Oli coming to garden? MK'd.

Wario coming to.....Wario? MK'd

... Why don't I just use Zelda until I'm one match away from losing and then bust out MK?
had to add some you missed.
and Ocho lols @ Ike.

Brinzy

Godfather of the Crimean Mafia
NNID
Brinzy
Forgot all about Olimar and Wario.

Like, the only characters up there that I don't mind that much are DDD and Marth. Well, Falco fits this because I haven't really be utterly destroyed by one yet.

Against Ike, there's no reason to use Zelda when you can just kick him over and over again with Sheik.
There is in low tier, hence why I said low tier.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
I can beat good falco's with zelda!

but... they don't know the match up... get this I mind gamed them into thinking zelda's reflector is a good counter to lazer! And his recovery is almost as punishable as my own. Nair is the only move I feel like I should ever hit with as zelda. Everything else is too slow and too easy to simply out space.

M@v

Subarashii!
EDIT: Yeah, that's why I mentioned MK already.

I should just second MK.

G&W coming to wreck my princess? MK'd.

Falco coming to PEW PEW!? MK'd.

Ike coming to get free money? MK'd in low tier, fo srs.

Sonic coming to call her slow? MK'd.

... Why don't I just use Zelda until I'm one match away from losing and then bust out MK?
You could also take the non broken approach and use Marth >_>

gm jack

Smash Lord
You could also take the non broken approach and use Marth >_>
But then MK still ***** you. Personally, I've been trying Wario out (in addition to Z/S), and he is a great character, and pretty much a complete opposite of Zelda. Wario is agile, can camp better (even without a projectile), has safer kill moves and has good approaches.

Still, landing a lightning kick makes playing Zelda completely worthwhile.:)

Brinzy

Godfather of the Crimean Mafia
NNID
Brinzy
I dunno. I don't think there's really anything to discuss about her position on the tier list.

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Still, landing a lightning kick makes playing Zelda completely worthwhile.:)
So true. Every time Zelda's failing me and I'm thinking about just switching to Pikachu for a while, she lands that lucky foot.....

.....and suddenly I'm in love again. :lick:

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
So true. Every time Zelda's failing me and I'm thinking about just switching to Pikachu for a while, she lands that lucky foot.....

.....and suddenly I'm in love again. :lick:
This is exactly the reason I main her as well. Sometimes I'll get tossed around like a ragdoll by certain characters, and then suddenly <<BAM>> smacked in the face with a big boot and the tide turns against them.

My favourite move to land is the spike though.

Half-Split Soul

Smash Lord
I've always found killing with U-tilt to be extremely satisfying too. Just don't ask why 'cause I don't know.

Still, nothing beats LKs.

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
I still haven't mastered that one yet..... :(

I've always found killing with U-tilt to be extremely satisfying too. Just don't ask why 'cause I don't know.

Still, nothing beats LKs.
I love utilt. I'd love ftilt, too, if it wasn't so hard to land. :mad:

Seriously, though, Zelda makes some stupid good comebacks..... I'll be down a stock and a half and somehow win because of a well-timed LK, spike (usually completely accidental, because I go for it almost every time, lol), uair, or random Din's kill.

And have you seen her revenge killing game?!?! You come back with those invincibility frames..... "Well, time for a fresh usmash." :laugh:

Microbe

Smash Rookie
Personally I am a big fan of those Uair kills. Loved that move since Melee. Sure, it does not have the dramatic pause that Lightning Kicks have, but there are few things more pleasing then watching your opponenet rocketing into the sky following a massive explosion! They can surprise your opponents at times on stages like Delfino as well. Fun stuff! :laugh:

Alphatron

Smash Champion
I should have really seen this coming. Sakurai making Zelda characters good in smash games? Link being good in ANY fighting game? HA!

Plus, I really don't see many ATs around for Zelda in comparison to other cast members. Ah well. She's still gonna be one of my two mains.

...Can't say the same for her in Brawl+ though...

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
I'm scared to main her in brawl+!

Double sized fair sweetspot now, inescapable smashes, no lag on teleporting and combos into Uair. Plus she's like faster than half the cast in running speed lol!

These are at the cost of a lot of things though (much weaker usmash). She's fairly balanced in that.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
This is exactly the reason I main her as well. Sometimes I'll get tossed around like a ragdoll by certain characters, and then suddenly <<BAM>> smacked in the face with a big boot and the tide turns against them.

... I main her for the pretty sparkles.... :ohwell:

actually I main her because I ALWAYS try to main a magic user.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
:urg: Well, Sakurai screwed you over.
it ain't no thing.

she's good enough for my uses. I still tear up local tournaments with her so it helps that I can't be accused of being a tier *****.

I accept my plight.

M@v

Subarashii!
I had no idea. Hey, why didn't you mention her in your Fox interview?

Ftilt is actually pretty easy to hit with. Killing with it is another matter entirely though (curse that terrible knockback angle).
I didnt play her that much back then. Im playing the princess more seriously now since shes low tier. I'll be able to main her in low tier tourneys now. Also, my secondary list changes a lot.

sniperworm

Smash Ace
I didnt play her that much back then. Im playing the princess more seriously now since shes low tier. I'll be able to main her in low tier tourneys now.
I wonder if we'll be getting more Zeldas because she's in the borderline mid/low tier (aka because she might be eligible for low tier tournaments).

M@v

Subarashii!
You should use Bowser. At least Bowser is a better character then Zelda. lol
I hate fatties(Except good old manadorf. Hes so manly I have to play him)

And I've used Zelda since melee, so Im confortable with her. I would use Samus, but I think she's absolute garbage. E tier is too high for her.

Top Bottom