• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

~ Zelda Video and Critique Archive ~ (obselete thread/check stickies)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
This is nice :)

I've moved the combo video from its own separate thread into this one here... in case people wondered what happened. And yeah I liked the music too... really good spikes and kicks btw! I liked some of your surprise kills like walkoff uairs etcetc...

Mr.Ious

Smash Cadet
Been a long time since I visited a forum so forgot the cardinal rule about checking stickies, sorry!

Just wanna clarify the vid isn't mine - I'm only posting it for a friend who doesn't have an account on here (and too lazy to make one =o)

Ochobobo

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1075-1052-5472
Been a long time since I visited a forum so forgot the cardinal rule about checking stickies, sorry!

Just wanna clarify the vid isn't mine - I'm only posting it for a friend who doesn't have an account on here (and too lazy to make one =o)
Get her to make one, she should be here lol

That control of Zelda's spike and Farore's Wind is epic

zeldspazz

Smash Master
Omg that combo video was epic. Who is that person and why doesnt he/she have an account?

Mr.Ious

Smash Cadet
Omg that combo video was epic. Who is that person and why doesnt he/she have an account?
She uses a few names, but she's sticking with Ego now...I'll try to get her to make an account, but doubt she'd use it much - this place is too scary =P

sasook

Smash Champion
She uses a few names, but she's sticking with Ego now...I'll try to get her to make an account, but doubt she'd use it much - this place is too scary =P
Scary? The Zelda community is extremely welcoming! They greeted me with open arms when I first started posting here.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
This song shall be the theme song for our thread at the moment!

though this could also work:

for some reason, I think Zelda would appreciate J-Pop and K-Pop

Half-Split Soul

Smash Lord
The player in that vid had pretty good understanding of Zelda's aerials as he/she was able to sweetspot LKs and Dair. There're still many things that need to be worked upon, though.

There were too many dash attacks, especially in a row. That's very common for many people when they aren't very experienced with a character yet. Zelda's dash attack is highly punishable, not notably strong and doesn't really allow followups, so there're often other choices just as good or better. Don't get me wrong: I don't mean to say that Dash attack shouldn't be used, it just shouldn't be used that much and predictable.

The spacing was also very simple. Most of the time Zelda was trying to close in to a attack range. Sometimes it would just be better to fall back, go past the enemy or just stay in place.

Finally, he needs to get more familiar with Zelda's moveset. Adding more attacks like jab, F-tilt, Uair, Nair and D-tilt into her gameplay helps make it more versatile and less predictable, which is always good.

Those are just a few pointers I was able to give based on that video. It would really help to get some other vid with someone else as an opponent to watch too since Marth in that one certainly wasn't the best I've seen. (What was he doing after the first stock, running and then double jumping back over and over again? That was just pointless.)

Wolfric

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GoodLuckTrying
Hahah he gets it, thought, next vid will be of my Zelda/Sheik, I tend to use them both in my matchs, and tend to use more Sheik now since I don't want to lose the ability to DACUS hahah

zeldspazz

Smash Master
This place needs more love :(

Im gonna post some videos of my Zelda to be critiqued at some point in the near future.

Half-Split Soul

Smash Lord
I don't have any vids worth posting either... having school and the most important exams in my life starting next week effectively takes away brawl time.

If someone needs their vids recorded I can still do that though. (It seems that recording vids is the only thing I talk about anymore... lolfail.)

zeldspazz

Smash Master
Do you mean I could send you the replay, and you would upload it for me? Cus that would be amazing.

Half-Split Soul

Smash Lord
Do you mean I could send you the replay, and you would upload it for me? Cus that would be amazing.
Sure thing... assuming Nintendo allows it from all the code exchanging and registering.

Do you have an SD card? That could potentially make the process faster.

Half-Split Soul

Smash Lord
I'm not completely sure if this works either...

1. Find out the day the replay was recorded and what's its number (was it the first, second or maybe fifth replay recorded that day)
  2. Connect your SD card to your computer so that you can get access to the files in a folders (SD card reader or digital camera would work for example)
  3. Open up the following folder: private => wii => app => RSBE (RSBP for Europeans) => rp
  4. Locate the right .BIN file by it's name. The names are in this format: rp_year/month/day_definition number. Every file to have the same numbers between the two underscores were recorded the same day, the first replay recorded being the highest in the folder and the last the lowest. So if you have a replay recorded 22.10.2008 its name could be something like rp_081022_1547
  5. Copy that file and send it to me through email (adress: halfsplitsoul@aol.fi). Feel free to send more than one file if you want.

Again, I have no idea if this actually works or not. There could very well be some problems like different naming of EU and USA files but its still worth a try.

We'd also better change Wii friend codes and Brawl FCs so that if this doesn't work the time we'll need to wait for the registration won't be as long. Mine are in the postpit.

zeldspazz

Smash Master
I'm not completely sure if this works either...

1. Find out the day the replay was recorded and what's its number (was it the first, second or maybe fifth replay recorded that day)
  2. Connect your SD card to your computer so that you can get access to the files in a folders (SD card reader or digital camera would work for example)
  3. Open up the following folder: private => wii => app => RSBP => rp
  4. Locate the right .BIN file by it's name. The names are in this format:rp_year/month/day_definition number. So if you have a replay recorded 22.10.08 its name could be something like rp_081022_1547
  5. Copy that file and send it to me. Email should work. (adress: halfsplitsoul@aol.fi)
Again, I have no idea if this actually works or not. There could very well be some problems like different naming of EU and USA files but its still worth a try.

We'd also better change Wii friend codes and Brawl FCs so that if this doesn't work the time we'll need to wait for the registration won't be as long. Mine are in the postpit.
Ok...wow lol Ill try that if I can figure it out. My parents are going out and leaving me home alone for the afternoon so Ill have some time. Ill add your FC and Wii# in a bit. Thanks ;)

Half-Split Soul

Smash Lord
Half-split I've sent you stuff...
This somehow sounds ominous to me...

I did get your Email though, I'll see if my wii reads the files correctly in a bit. Although, may I ask is there some specific reason you decided not to send them through SSBB?

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
I couldn't send them through ssbb because your name didn't show up on my sending list despite both our wiis and friend codes being registered >.> Nintendo's probably taken a late holiday...

If you place them in the correct directory on your SD card they should hopefully work no problem. private/wii/app/RSBP/rp is the directory. If rp folder isn't there it means your SD card doesn't have any saved replays on it at the time so you need to create this folder and place those files I sent you inside it.

Half-Split Soul

Smash Lord
I couldn't send them through ssbb because your name didn't show up on my sending list despite both our wiis and friend codes being registered >.> Nintendo's probably taken a late holiday...
Well that's just... weird lol.

I managed to get them recorded no problem though, the only thing I was worried were if my wii could understand adding files that are recorded earlier than the lastest ones but it turned out not to be a problem.

I'm going to upload only one of the replays for now simply to show the tech and later (hopefully tomorrow) compile a mini-guide of sorts from all three plus something I recorded myself.

And when I read " Half-split I've sent you stuff..." line the first thing to come into my mind was that my mailbox would be full of infraction messages and announcement of permaban. I'm not kidding either.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
That's cool! Olimar and mk were okay because of the straight platforms. Yoshi's Island was harder because it depends on the angle. Post it in the GFF if you can :)

I've...also sent you some hatemail through the post which should come through very soon!

zeldspazz

Smash Master
Guys, my clan is making a combo vid that Im gonna be in within the next couple months :) So can I post it in here when its done even though its not only Zelda?

Half-Split Soul

Smash Lord
@zeldspazz: I certainly don't have anything against it, I love good combo vids.

Post it in the GFF if you can :)
Sure thing. I'm actually compiling the video for the third time to find the best settings... the wrong resolution settings make it look awful or have nasty black edges.

I've...also sent you some hatemail through the post which should come through very soon!
Oh God please no!!!

*jumps out of the window*

zeldspazz

Smash Master
I believe I got the replay thing to work :D Thanks HSS I sent you a vm/email

zeldspazz

Smash Master
Sorry for double post:\

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eUx_eO1pc8s
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nEAhGc0WiZQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_j_u38rx3Jg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNbcdTufsyc

These are the vids I want critiqued ^

Team battle1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rf4TuwVRq4k
^ This is a team battle with my favorite team partner :D We are red team

Team battle 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6Wy5LZsj_Y
^And this is one where my teammate failed but I did somethin really lucky :D

zeldspazz

Smash Master
Yeah, sorry I totally forgot to mention that.

All the credit for uploading and recording the videos go to HSS!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom