• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

~ Zelda Q & A / FAQs / Directory ~

MrEh

Smash Hero
Size should be pretty consistent from what I've seen

It's possible that the stage (pillars) or character specific items (bike) might have affected the hitbox though. Sort of like how Jiggs can rest people without even touching them. lol

GodAtHand

Smash Lord
And for some reason when Snake is in cooldown from ANY of his moves his hitbox is all over the place. I depend on that for singles, but it is weird when you don't want to hit him... Uptilt is especially odd. Also if it is Snake or even DDD remember that they are very tall. So you may be hitting the tip of their height with an angled Din's simply because of how tall they are.

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
It's possible that the stage (pillars) or character specific items (bike) might have affected the hitbox though. Sort of like how Jiggs can rest people without even touching them. lol
I wonder if other characters count as "items" that would extend the hitbox.

Hmm. Who knows.

And for some reason when Snake is in cooldown from ANY of his moves his hitbox is all over the place. I depend on that for singles, but it is weird when you don't want to hit him... Uptilt is especially odd. Also if it is Snake or even DDD remember that they are very tall. So you may be hitting the tip of their height with an angled Din's simply because of how tall they are.
Yeah, it was Snake/DDD. ****ing big *** hurtboxes getting in my way. :mad:

It's cool, I'll just watch my aim a little better from now on. And keep in mind how really hax the range is.

Thanks, guys. (Kata, I'd still like those pictures.)

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
oh yeah! I completely forgot! I'll have to get the wii one uploaded tomorrow but check my photobucket account to see if there's some din's fire range stuff in there. There's bound to be in all the hundreds and hundreds of zelda uploads.

MrEh

Smash Hero
Waddle Doos and Waddle Dees also extend the hitboxes of certain moves. Since you were playing Dedede, it's technically possible, but unlikely, that this happened.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
Kaylo I've forgotten >.> I haven't touched my wii since ages.

Anyway stand ZSS on the edge of FD so she's teetering. Stand Zelda on the other side. Din's up to the like the second or third arrow mark on the ground... voila! Din's fire range!

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
So is it "pets mart" or " pet smart".
I used to wonder this....... all the time.

like............. it was really one of the most profound questions of my childhood

my bad kata i'll stop.... except you can't infract me lolol good **** mod powers ftw

/drunkeness

ok real question so i don't get in trouble: why is zelda so ***???????????

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
Kay I can't infract you but do that again and I'll get someone higher to infract you :)

In other words keep it to the social! :mad:
:mad:

edit: strict kata *** mode... SUE ME!

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
I used to wonder this....... all the time.

like............. it was really one of the most profound questions of my childhood

my bad kata i'll stop.... except you can't infract me lolol good **** mod powers ftw

/drunkeness

ok real question so i don't get in trouble: why is zelda so ***???????????
I think I have to defer to my man drk. peach on this topic.

People blame thier character way too much. Crying about how thier characer is so horrible, how hard match ups are or how they always lose to the same players. The problem is the player, not the character.

One think I really found stupid is how you cry and ***** about your character or match ups, yet you play them.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
I have never heard this saying before.

Then again, I might have. But it's hard to decipher it from your mess of a post.
I think the quote if the shoe fits where it. Or something along those lines.

Is ftilt to grab possible on low percentages? I did it while in training mode and was curious.

mountain_tiger

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4441-8987-6303
I have never heard this saying before.

Then again, I might have. But it's hard to decipher it from your mess of a post.
I think me means 'if the shoe fits, wear it', which means that if a statement applies to you, you should take note of it, presumably because he believes KayLo was being serious about asking why Zelda sucked so bad. Or something like that.

I think the quote if the shoe fits where it. Or something along those lines.

Is ftilt to grab possible on low percentages? I did it while in training mode and was curious.
I'm certain that's not a true combo. They could easily airdodge or jump away. You're better off trying to USmash, which if you're lucky might eat their airdodge or catch them during their jump if it's slow.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
smh @mountain + AL

Zelda boards too easy.

I think you can nair after a low-percentage ftilt as well, but usmash is a far better option.

mountain_tiger

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4441-8987-6303
smh @mountain + AL

Zelda boards too easy.

I think you can nair after a low-percentage ftilt as well, but usmash is a far better option.
I didn't actually do anything though. I recognised that you weren't asking the question seriously...

Ariel

Smash Rookie
NNID
Late-Edition
3DS FC
0946-2355-0177
here's a conversation starter: do u think farore's wind is a viable offensive move or is it too much effort to pull off for little reward?

Icyo

Smash Ace
Easily read and punished. Only good use is to recover. Or in MrEh's words: attempt to recover.

zeldspazz

Smash Master
Well I mean if theyre not expecting it it's ok. Surprise ledgewarps are cool too. Everything in moderation though (except Fsmash xD) Get too predictable and it's easy to punish. It can mostly be for mindgames. You can switch up the distance you transform to, or watch how your opponents reacts and work off that.

JuJux

Smash Apprentice
Favore's wind is really useless in offensive move. Too much predictable and same if you switch up the distance, your opponent should be between your diagonal and horizontal direction, then shield, and he can always punish you. His minor offensive utilisation should be the ledgewharping but it stays preditable like hell :/ ...

Ariel

Smash Rookie
NNID
Late-Edition
3DS FC
0946-2355-0177
i think i'll have to agree with spazz

for those who believe mind games exist, i reckon, like previously stated, distance swaps and fake outs could confuse an opponent coz its not terribly laggy. Plus, everyone likes a good epileptic warp around the stage to vent some frustration

Ariel

Smash Rookie
NNID
Late-Edition
3DS FC
0946-2355-0177
Alright then, i'm just wondering how many people pull off the following occasionally: ur standing at the very end of the stage, ur looking out into the blast line. u wait ther patiently until ur opponent stupidly goes up and investigates, prodding you with a jab or poke of their sword or wateva. U quickly pull out a Nayru's love, due to its properties, forcing your opponent in front of u and off the stage. Then u suddenly jump off and smash the sh*t out of them downwards with a nicely placed and timed d-air. Isn't that just friggin awesome!

Top Bottom