• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

~ Zelda Q & A / FAQs / Directory ~

Aibou

Smash Master
Sheik isn't bad. She's tons better than Zelda minus where she gets CG *****.

But even Sheik isn't the best secondary for Zelda -- it's still an uphill battle to win with both of them, whereas you can pick up MK or Snake and be set.

I agree with that. While Sheik is much better, she still struggles with Zelda's impossible MUs (MK, Oli, and G&W). And those are the ones I need the most help with. Marth still loses to MK, so I can't really rely on him much even though he's my second best, and I'd still get ***** in an MK ditto if I tried it. Snake seems like the most logical (in my situation anyway), considering he has favorable MUs against Oli and G&W and is capable of defeating MK (50:50 imo). The thing is it's just gonna be a heck of a lot harder to learn Snake than the others, but it would be worth it in the end.

Though I will only use Snake in those MUs that are impossible for me to win. Otherwise I will use Zelda.

Mostly the godawfully long cooldown. The SDI thing is annoying, but fsmash can be SDI'd, and it's still a really useful move. But if you miss with Naryu's, you're open for a LONG time.

It also has balls shield push and doesn't diminish shields that much, so it's very, very unsafe on block. It has two blind spots within it on either side, AND it has weird priority, so it tends to trade a lot -- you take full damage/knockback from a single hit move, and the opponent takes, like, 1% and doesn't even get knocked away.

EDIT: Oh yeah, it's also not even safe when it hits half the time, lol. Depending on how the opponent DIs.
You pretty much hit the nail on the head with that KayLo. Though I've never really had an opponent SDI out of it before when I use it.

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
I was wondering how well does Zelda play on battlefield? good - neutral - bad?
A lot of people consider it to be her best stage -- definitely her best neutral, imo.

The small but not cramped size, favorable platform layout, and lack of any ******** shenanigans (gimpy ledges, moving ****, etc.) make it good for her.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Question: If you land a dtilt on your oppponent at the ledge and you have your frame advantage........does that mean it's a guaranteed lock until they start to pop up?

So say a dtilt at 50% at the ledge should mean 40-50% for your opponent?

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
I think so... same with a wall. I'm not sure if they can SDI off the ledge though and jump.

Half-Split Soul

Smash Lord
What KayLo! said. Also, if you're close enough to the ledge to hit them after they're off the stage they can SDI into any direction, making it possible to instantly grab the ledge from the hitstun or DI up to avoid the followup hits.

Aibou

Smash Master
Question: Realistically, is it possible to pressure a shield with Din's Fire enough to break it? I just did it against a Snake (he is an experienced player mind you). I was just wondering if that was just a brain fart on Snake's part, or something realistic.

*lol@dumbquestion*

WickedDeceit

Smash Cadet
It's technically possible, I've also done it. Most people would begin to roll, air dodge, or use an aerial to cancel to Din's before their shield will break though.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
It's possible.
On wifi.

But in all seriousness, if somebody lets you break their shield with Din's...... that's just it. They pretty much let you do it. ;;

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Double post, oops, but I have a question:

Generally, how useful is dash attack vs. Peach? Either OOS or when she's trying to spam dair.

I dunno if the Peach I go against is just spacing badly or being too aggro or floating too low or what, but instant dash attacks seem to work well against her dair when I'm not at a good angle to nair.

Veggie123

Smash Journeyman
i find dash attack pretty useful against peach actually. riot mentioned awhile ago that it was one of the better ways to get past marth's and peach's safety zones with their aerials. while i can't say i have fought a good marth in recently, dash attack has worked quite a few times against peach players trying to zone with fair. it works better if you can get them to mess up their spacing more.

GodAtHand

Smash Lord
^ What Veggie Said!

I use dash attack all the time versus Peach. In general it is safer to use when she is already using an air attack. I wouldn't recommend dash attacking before that because she won't be extending her hitbox at all and you will just get punished. Try to get as close as possible before you Dash attack, or instant dash attack right when you are about to get hit thats how I have the most success with it. It usually puts Peach in the air, which is great since her air dodge is garbage so they won't want to use it for risk of death.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Oh, okay, so it wasn't just my imagination. (I use it a good deal vs. Marth, too, go figure.)

Thanks, boys. <3

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
For every time you ask, I'm going to go 50% slower on getting it done.

I'm so serious.

mountain_tiger

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4441-8987-6303
KayLo's probably got better things to do than write a guide on a video game character tbh. I don't care how long it takes just so long as the end result is good. :)

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
It's not even that I have better things to do -- I do, but trust me, I wanna get this done just as much as you guys want it done.

But I'm literally unable to work on it until I move, and since I won't be moving until Thursday or Friday (long story), we all gotta wait. I definitely want to finish it before Pound, though, at whatever cost.

See? When you ask nicely and I actually like you, you get nice answers.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
KayLo's probably got better things to do than write a guide on a video game character tbh. I don't care how long it takes just so long as the end result is good. :)
If she has better things to do then why even start making the guide.

@Kaylo if your first answer wasn't such a sarcastic comment I wouldn't have asked again. Seriously it's been 2 + months the guide should be done by now.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
The Pika guide took ~2 months to write.

You have no idea how much work it takes to put together a great guide, so don't even think about telling me when it should or shouldn't be done. There's editing, formatting, research, recording, and a whole mess of stuff that needs to get done. Since you're doing zero work, I suggest you wait patiently and come at the people actually doing stuff with a little less of an attitude.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
And at the same time... whilst it's good and dandy that you're back AL if you continue to be disruptive like you were before then you'll face the same 2+ months that just happened instantly. Don't reply to this, it's just advise you can take on board to be a good poster here.

Currently there's been a lot of changes:

- We're not in panic mode about having a guide right now. The guide's entirely on Kaylo's terms at this point in time and we're all being patient.
- There's been some new threads so I advise you to check them out.
- So how did you manage to get back? Did you manage to PM anyone?

I hope this post was useful to you.

MrEh

Smash Hero
I use dash attack all the time versus Peach. In general it is safer to use when she is already using an air attack. I wouldn't recommend dash attacking before that because she won't be extending her hitbox at all and you will just get punished
Trading hits with the Dair is always a good thing. A far greedier attempt to stop the Dair would be to try to kick her. Totally silly, but when you're Zelda, you mind as well.

It usually puts Peach in the air, which is great since her air dodge is garbage so they won't want to use it for risk of death.
Fun fact: Pound lasts for about the same duration as Peach's airdodge. That's hilarious and sad at the same time.

But yeah, Peach's airdodge is terribad. Peach players will rarely airdodge to get past you, and considering they can float, they don't really have to in a handful of situations. It certainly limits options though, so take note of that. (Uair mindgames. Go go go.)

long version
If she has better things to do then why even start making the guide. Seriously it's been 2 + months the guide should be done by now.
I too am extremely pissed that this guide is not done yet. The people working on the guide should be ashamed that they do not have a product that you are satisfied with.

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

tl:dr version
If she has better things to do then why even start making the guide. Seriously it's been 2 + months the guide should be done by now.
Cry more.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
This is a really stupid, basic question.

But the range on Din's Fire at its maximum distance...... is it consistent? Or does it randomly get a hax wtf large hitbox?

I swear sometimes it hits madd far for no reason. @.@ But it could just be mindgaming me.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
A picture would be nice. Assuming you mean something other than the chart we've already seen.

I'm trying to work on not hitting my partner in doubles, but sometimes I swear it's far enough away, and he still gets hit by it.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
Yep sure! It's on my wii so I'll upload it tomorrow. It's on ZSS who is very slender... you'll see the haxness.

GodAtHand

Smash Lord
Din's is majassive. I would describe it as like..... 1/3rd of FD large at its max. Which is impressive. So be careful in teams guys lol.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Yeah, I knew it was big, it just seems inconsistent as well. But that part's probably just my imagination.

Top Bottom