• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Legend of Zelda Zelda moments that legitimately scared you

Masky

Smash Master
When that zombie guy popped out of the closet in Majora's Mask. I'm kind of ashamed to admit it tbh but that legitimately scared me.

Life

Smash Hero
Leaving the Temple of Time for the first time back in OOT.

I still get nervous going into Shadow Temple.

Redeads... *shiver*

Also, what block said

StealthyGunnar

Smash Champion
i thought i screwed myself over when i pushed the block in the water temple. i thought i had to start all over. that scared the **** outta me.

Life

Smash Hero
Am I the only one not scared of basement guy?

(I think I heard about it in advance via NP, but that was quite long ago and I only ever got to that part of MM recently.)

finalark

SNORLAX
I was seven when I first played OoT. So imagine my surprise when this adventurous game about a kid being a hero suddenly had me wandering the dark ruined streets of a once bright and cheerful town. I see.. something, ugly and almost pitiful simply sanding there in the middle of town. I approach it, wanting to know what it is.

That scream. Oh Jesus that scream.

PD4FR

Smash Ace
I was seven when I first played OoT. So imagine my surprise when this adventurous game about a kid being a hero suddenly had me wandering the dark ruined streets of a once bright and cheerful town. I see.. something, ugly and almost pitiful simply sanding there in the middle of town. I approach it, wanting to know what it is.

You beat me by minutes.

After that, they jump on you and suck all your hearts away! It's a good thing I always have a good supply of those in my posts. <3

:040:

th3kuzinator

Smash Master

Dude, I played the game last year when I was 16 for the first time on a n64 emu. I honestly sat back in my chair so quick I hurt my neck a bit. Freaked me out legit. Even the 3rd and 4th times I dreaded having to make my way past those guys.

IYM!

Smash Lord
this &quot;!&quot; is part of my nick (Chile)
Leaving the Temple of Time for the first time back in OOT.

I still get nervous going into Shadow Temple.

Redeads... *shiver*

Also, what block said
jajajajaj, yeah me too, but i dont have the fear for REdeads and Gibdos, any more, all thanks to Twilight princess

:scared: yes... that scram was the thing than get me scare for years .... YEARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Ikana Canyon in general, and the Forest Temple gave me chills. It's really the atmospheres that do it for me, and the whole "What happened here? Who built this?" that pops into my head that makes it worse.

Dru2

Hail to the King
NNID
DruetheDruid
3DS FC
0189-9845-3398
I'm agreeing with the basement half gibdo dude. Scared me when i first saw him and still makes me feel paranoid everytime i go to him.

@T-Block, terribly sorry but i'm not sure what you're talking about.

T-block

B2B TST
Hahaha... yeah I think my head hit the wall I was leaning against from the recoil when that happened. I mean...you can feel it coming from the cutscene, but still.

§leepy God

Smash Master
Everything in the Shadow Temple in OoT scared me. When I first played, I had absolutely no idea how to beat the Shadow Temple, near everything in that dungeon kills. >.<

AngryMoblyn1881

Smash Journeyman
Most deffinatly the opening scene to MM (the "press start" title) where if you had the volume on near to max (like I did) You hear the eerie "whoosh!" coming closer and closer and louder and louder as the evil mask makes its way to the very front of your screen. My god did that use to get my heart pumping.

Tacel

Smash Lord
The whole Twinmold boss battle in Majora's Mask. I went into that battle with low arrows AND low magic. That was fun.
I wonder how many times I yelled, "HOLY CRAP!"

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
I remember playing OoT as a kid, going into the Bottom of the Well, exploring a bit, then quickly leaving because the place was so creepy. And for some reason, Desert Colossus at night always gave me the creeps. Every time I heard that ominous wind sound effect, I would warp out of there and go somewhere else.

lush

Smash Rookie
whenever i had to go underwater.
Yeah, the battle with Gyorg (water temple boss in MM) always scared me... It's dark... hard to see him... and even in zora form the overall helpless feeling of being in water with something as nasty as that giant fish is pretty scary lol.

IYM!

Smash Lord
It is graceful and ridiculous the high altitude that can jump this fish, in fact is impossible to evade his jaws (there is a form, but it does not go to the topic). Since this fish can realy fly and follow you everywhere.

If you do not believe me, go and play Majoras mask in the emulator PJ 64 (emulator of nintendo 64), activate the cheat "press L for levitate" and to be kept floating in the tunnel of the ceiling. When you see that the fish jumps, go to the door, you will see how the fish follows you and stick on you as a common metroid

is weird and fun

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Definitely the "NOT TAKE MIRROR" bit.

I expected Yeta to just turn her head and show a demon face of some sort. What I didn't expect was her turning her head and then turning her face 180 degrees to show the demon face.

Scared the hell out of me.

NixxxoN

Smash Master
When for the first time I found some monsters in ALTTP, and when I first saw difficult situations that i thought... o shi... wut am i gonna do now

Limey

Smash Fan
BRoomer
I wouldn't say I was scared, more unsettled, but towards the end of the final day in Majora's Mask, with the depressing music, was always quite unnerving.

Going down the well in Kakariko Village was always spooky, too.

mustard g&w

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4639-9942-4908
I would have to say the moblins in the sacred forest medow.

I remember the first time I played OoT as a kid and Navi tells you to look around the corners.
Yeah, I didn't look around the corner and you hear this cry or whatever and it attacks you. It scared me so much as a kid.

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
I would always avoid the Re-Deads in WW because they scared the **** out of me.

Ugh, ever shoot one of those things with an arrow? It just looks up like it heard someone whisper it's name, then slumps back over. The noise the arrow makes when it sinks in is just uuugggghh.

IYM!

Smash Lord
I would have to say the moblins in the sacred forest medow.

I remember the first time I played OoT as a kid and Navi tells you to look around the corners.
Yeah, I didn't look around the corner and you hear this cry or whatever and it attacks you. It scared me so much as a kid.
It also I pass to my, when the big muscle head strike myself, not only jump of my bed, but, that I shouted as a girl :awesome:

Top Bottom