• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Legend of Zelda Zelda moments that legitimately scared you

IYM!

Smash Lord
oh, sorry,

I also scared in this part,

In this then, my knowledge in English was not very good, so I did not pay attention to the corners as Navi she me warned it. Then, when I entered to the labyrinth, the Moblin struck me, and his strong shout and his rapid reaction made me scream as a girl

clear now? :)

satowolf

Oppa Gundam Style
Anywhere where there are wallmasters. Even till this day they freak me out, especially in the first Zelda game -__- Also the scene in Majora's Mask when the little girl's mummified father just busted out the door. I almost had a heart attack.

Keblerelf

Smash Ace
OoT has to be the scariest game I've ever played.

The first time I played it was senior year in high school.

The well, forest temple, wallmasters, redeads, that mini boss with the hands from the ground, and the shadow temple itself scared me the most.

When I first entered the shadow temple I took a three month break from the game because it freaked me out so much lol.

mizujin

Smash Cadet
I was seven when I first played OoT. So imagine my surprise when this adventurous game about a kid being a hero suddenly had me wandering the dark ruined streets of a once bright and cheerful town. I see.. something, ugly and almost pitiful simply sanding there in the middle of town. I approach it, wanting to know what it is.

That scream. Oh Jesus that scream.
Leaving the Temple of Time for the first time back in OOT.

I still get nervous going into Shadow Temple.

Redeads... *shiver*

Also, what block said
I seriously thought I was the only one who got freaked out by that. Oh, and the first time I got caught by a wallmaster. Holy crap, was I scared.

Tinnitus

Smash Apprentice
When I was 8 I had a fear of ghosts, so in turn, I used to have a huge fear of all the poes that ran around Hyrule Field in OoT, so much in fact, that I rarely visited it, I did most of my traveling via warp songs.

Also, the first time I saw the Bong Bongo, it sent a chill down my spine, up my stomach, through my head, and down the middle...

And don't get me started on the first time I encountered a Dead Hand.........

majora_787

Smash Hero
Dead hands, and redeads. Both haunt me to this day, probably because of my distaste for eye scream. >_<

But yeah. Also, gibdos burning away into redeads. Mind? Blown.

_Keno_

Smash Lord
I played this game when I was around 8. I legitimately could not get passed the forest temple because I would turn off the nintendo and run away every time one of the hands that fell from the ceiling appeared. I never actually saw them hands themselves, but I ran away at the sound of it appearing and the looming shadow. It scared the hell out of me.
I frowned when I saw what the hand actually looked like, and was no longer scared.

NinjaFoxX

Banned via Warnings
I played this game when I was around 8. I legitimately could not get passed the forest temple because I would turn off the nintendo and run away every time one of the hands that fell from the ceiling appeared. I never actually saw them hands themselves, but I ran away at the sound of it appearing and the looming shadow. It scared the hell out of me.
I frowned when I saw what the hand actually looked like, and was no longer scared.
lol this.

and pretty much everything revolved around that damed well and shadow temple >.<

Oh, lets see... The scariest part of the Zelda game...

Well, when I first played the game, there was a certain temple song that used to play that often scared me. It was the Fire Temple theme. In the song, after the drums play, a chant breaks out in some unknown language. And even though I was all alone in a room, that song with it's echoing chants made me feel like I was not alone....

Of course, some douchebags complained that the song sounded too much like some sort of religious prayer and had the song scrapped from later releases. Argh!

Ecks

Smash Lord
Basically everything dark scared me in ocarina XD (I was seven)

Gatlin

cactus in the valley that's about to crumble down.
To this day, I am still scared of Re-Deads. They just stand there, making their weird groan, screaming at you if you walk by, they are just scary-weird, hah.

Sephy95

Smash Lord
In Wind Waker wen you enter the ghost ship and open the chest to get the triforce chart then hearing a weird scream and winding up on your boat. Scared me when I first got it awhile back. During the nighttime also.....

etecoon

Smash Hero
I can't think of anything in the actual games that scared me that much but this dream about majora's mask freaked me the **** out

--january 15 2010

I was playing majora's mask and went to pause but the button didn't work right or something, I was doing something else or sleeping but it wasn't paused, first cycle before you get the ocarina to go back in time. I come back to it and the final countdown is happening so now it's impossible to get the ocarina to stop the end. then it ceases to be a game and is more like reality, I see the linear path of time that people walk a lot like the movie donnie darko except peoples immediate future selves are expressed as shadows instead of a wormhole, at the moment the world ends the shadows move backwards into the present as if sucked into a tornado, the world ends in a bright flash at the moment that past and present collide

seeing the future disappear is pretty ****ed up

3mmanu3lrc

Smash Lord
I'd have to say the same as you...
But dude, dreaming about it... lolz that's a lot.
xD

Yamato Hong

Smash Apprentice
I think the theme for the miniboss plays, but there is this creepy monster that appears in Bottom of the Well, and Shadow Temple. A room of hands protruding from the ground that grabs you then the monster comes to get you. God, that was scary! O_O

(I just completed Ocarina of Time, yesterday, too)

Hammerbro

Smash Rookie
The re-deads from Ocarina of Time scared me so much when I was a little kid. I kept on having nightmares about them jumping out and screaming at me.

LLDL

Smash Hero
I **** my pants when the happy mask salesman says "WHAT? YOU STILL HAVEN'T FOUND IT?!"

Every time

AcesWild

Smash Apprentice
Wallmasters and the dead head in OOT always get me. And your little statue of Link after you play the elegy of emptiness is the creepiest thing I've ever seen.

Vonzar the Soulrender

4th Dimensional Horror
I was older than most people on this board when I played the N64 Zelda games so while it was creepy, I wasn't genuinely frightened.

However I was about 5 or 6 when I played the first Legend of Zelda game and what frightened me the most were the wall masters, just menacing hands that grab you and pull you back to the beginning of the stage.

Also the Pols Voice, probably not an enemy familiar to a lot of people but the Pols Voice looked like the giant decapitated heads of rabbits and they would bounce around the screen invulnerable to everything but the arrows or flute. That's nightmare fuel for a 6 year old.

For reference: http://zeldawiki.org/images/b/b7/PolsVoiceLOZ.png

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
I was older than most people on this board when I played the N64 Zelda games so while it was creepy, I wasn't genuinely frightened.

However I was about 5 or 6 when I played the first Legend of Zelda game and what frightened me the most were the wall masters, just menacing hands that grab you and pull you back to the beginning of the stage.

Also the Pols Voice, probably not an enemy familiar to a lot of people but the Pols Voice looked like the giant decapitated heads of rabbits and they would bounce around the screen invulnerable to everything but the arrows or flute. That's nightmare fuel for a 6 year old.

For reference: http://zeldawiki.org/images/b/b7/PolsVoiceLOZ.png
Pol's voice used to be my avatar ^^

I think they're cute.

fenyx4

Smash Journeyman
I'd say the closest would be the "Dark Link Interlopers" scene of Twilight Princess...followed by Twilit Beasts (I don't know their proper term as I haven't beaten TP yet due to time constraints >_>) dragging Link into the unknown right after the Ordon children get kidnapped...

TP (still unfinished) and A Link to the Past (didn't get to finish; lost cartridge) are the only Zelda games I've been fully engaged with, so I haven't remembered much "scary scenes"...

Also, this was more "creepy" than "scary"... Take some Golden Bugs into Agitha's house and try leaving without talking to her (this was a while ago, so I don't recall whether the scene can occur multiple times or if there's another little thing you have to do to trigger the text). It's really minor dialogue of Agitha, but it's just...creepy. *shudders*

CloudChaser071

Smash Apprentice
All in OoT. I was like... 9 when I started playing OoT, and I remember the first dungeon scared the crap out of me. It took me a couple of days to work up the courage to get to the boss of the Great Deku Tree. Once there, It's all dark, and I'm like... Oh crap. I look up, and see her, and she falls down and roars, and the battle commences, and I immediately drop my controller, turn the console off, and run to Mother, crying because I was terrified.

I eventually grew some balls and beat her. Hyrule Field now. I stalled too long because I saw bushes and wanted to cut them. Didn't make it to the castle. I remember it getting dark and thinking, "Oh, that's cool". Then the wolves howl and HOLY ****! THINGS POPPING FROM THE GROUND!!! I was screaming and mashed the Deku Nut button so fast that I threw them all and was terrified even when they were frozen. I lost my balls there.

Redeads. Do we need to go over them? I think they pretty much scared all of us...

Then the prelude to the Shadow Temple. That one mini boss with all the pale, white hands sticking up from the ground. The room's door is barred, and I didn't want to go near those Michael Jackson hands. Then they grab you, and that abomination comes out of the grounds. My pants turned brown.

IYM!

Smash Lord
this &quot;!&quot; is part of my nick (Chile)
what about the moblins in OoT?

when we are adult, and we have to go to lost wood

that ******* scream scare my a lot

MUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!! jajaja

i didnt know English like now, so i didnt pay atention when navi warning my about look the corners each time to look the moblins

mzink*

Smash Ace
Wow seems like most of you guys were pretty young when you started playing these games. Are they designed to be kind of scary, or was it just the fact of your age? I've never played them or even seen them played so I have no idea what the game is actually like. I've just been reading through the posts and it seems like it has a lot of creepy factors.

I've only really been scared of a game if it was actually designed to be like a horror type.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
Wow seems like most of you guys were pretty young when you started playing these games. Are they designed to be kind of scary, or was it just the fact of your age? I've never played them or even seen them played so I have no idea what the game is actually like. I've just been reading through the posts and it seems like it has a lot of creepy factors.

I've only really been scared of a game if it was actually designed to be like a horror type.
The games aren't really scary at all. I was 9 when Ocarina of Time came out and 11 when Majora's Mask came out. I imagine most people were pretty young when they talk about the scary parts of the games.

though, the ReDeads in the N64 games are still very creepy in every way.

mzink*

Smash Ace
Ah I see.

All your descriptions of the sounds and such are really good. Gave me the chills just readin it. And want to play it to see what everyones talking about.

3mmanu3lrc

Smash Lord
The games aren't really scary at all. I imagine most people were pretty young when they talk about the scary parts of the games.

though, the ReDeads in the N64 games are still very creepy in every way.

^^^
That, and fighting to a big hand (those that splits into 3 when you kill it while its bit).

Top Bottom