• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Your Wifi Code of Honor

Kaseha

Smash Rookie
What I'm asking is if you have certain rules you set for yourself when you battle online. Like maybe you vow to never join a Taunt Party and always try to tear them apart or if you see someone not moving, you never take advantage of that and try to rack up extra points on them.

What I'm basically asking is what kind of tendencies do you have online I guess.

Here is my code:
1. Never attack someone who is not moving and work to defend them from others and keep them out of harm's way even if they are an enemy

2. Be friendly to Taunt Parties but when bored challenge one of them for a friendly match at a time as long as them don't all gang up on me. Next round switch to a different person.

3. If someone wants a teammate, I'm the first to join and I'll happily help them even if they suck. XD

4. If involved in a Taunt Party and the new guy doesn't take to kindly to us, don't gang up on him with the rest of the Taunt Party to make things more fair, even if the guy goes after me as well.

5. If someone wants to start a Self Destruct match or a Falcon Pawnch match, I always join in.

6. Never attack anyone that doesn't attack back or tries to be friendly.

Now, what about you?

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
Social thread ma dear.

I suppose I do have a code.

-AFCs are fair game if someone else hits them but I will not hit them initially.
-Taunt Parties are obvious so if I find one I stay one match or maybe two, then drop out. I do not attempt to break them up.
-If I run into a n00b I may pick their character to help them learn that character's potential.
-I do not taunt unless taunted, or witness an epically epic moment.

Dracospawn

Smash Journeyman
I could tell you that but then I'f have to...ummmm
I follow a couple of phrases I heard in a song.
"don't blow it or kill you before you know it"
and another from something else
"hit like a tank, roll like a tank"
and "crush, kill, destroy your opponents"

And to only attack AFC characters if neccessary, I dislike it though but I dislike losing because they keep attack AFC characters.

Oh and lets not forget destroy all taunt parties in sight.

Borozan

Smash Rookie
When someone is on brb, don't go up to them and blow them off the stage for the heck of it. Taunt next to them.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
1. The first rule about Wifi is you don't talk about Wifi.
2. The second about Wifi is you don't talk about Wifi.
3. No shirt, no shoes.
4. Once someone is unable to fight back or quits, the match is over, no discussion.
5. If this is your first time playing wifi you have to fight.

Really though:

1. Win.
2. If #1 can't be accomplished, John.
3. Start taunt parties.
4. Break up taunt parties.
5. John about items being on.
6. John about tripping.
7. John about playing on Hyrule Temple 17 times in a row.
8. John about the lag.
9. Complain about lag.
10. Yell at the lag.
11. Sing a song to the lag.
12. Show everyone ma moves.
13. Show everyone my taunts.
14. Always pick a counter-pick stage...or Smashville.
15. Sing while playing.
16. Show off all my taunts.
17. John.
18. John.
19. John again.
20. Always John.
21. Hello ma name is John! :grin:

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
1) Camp the ledge with Metaknight after gaining a 1% lead on the first stock.
2) Eject the game and play Melee

Win
lmao this:chuckle:

Yo Llumys, I'm real happy for you, and Imma let you finish, but Affinity has the best johns of all time!

~Fino
actually this is funny because there was sum olimar main that said Affinity johns about everything even sweaty hands. (hahahahaha thats actually hilarious)

Regardless if it was true or not I gave this person the banhammer in the Jiggz Xat :lick:

As for me offline... I never john. I really dont have any excuses I just shake my opponents hand and say "that was fun" after the set (unless i got 2 stocked by a character that wrecks mine... then I'll just giggle like a bimbo while shaking hands). But you better beleive i john my *** off about input lag and people using wifi tactics or characters on me online.

highfive

Smash Lord
Highfive Code Of Honour
1. Fight with pride
2. taunt only after an epic kill
3. AFK means AFK
4. Never resort to spamming
5. I SD if your SD was completely epic fail/unintentional

arch knight

Smash Lord
To never show mercy and steal every soul that dares to challenge me :093:

2. Spam OMG IM IN YOUR TV! with pikachu left and right Taunt.

RuNNing Riot

Smash Lord
'Bout time someone set this up! What took everyone so long?! XD

1. Respect those in taunt matches - I won't attack them if they don't attack me, and I leave them alone if they try and do something else (like glitches). If I find myself in a taunt match with no opportunity to fight, I quit AFTER the match.

2. Ignore players who are unresponsive. I'll also violently murder anyone who tries to get cheap KOs via said player.

3. Change characters every time I win so the matches don't become stale. Cycling from Ganon all the way to G&W and back, etc.

4. If I come up against a very poor player (who, say, spams and such), I might pick their character to show them how it's really done. :laugh:

5. Not run away if I start winning. I equate that to cheapness and rudeness.

6. Win. If not, fly into a rage and smash my Wii into a bajillion pieces. Then buy a new one. :chuckle:

~rRiot

The real little comet

Smash Cadet
'Bout time someone set this up! What took everyone so long?! XD

1. Respect those in taunt matches - I won't attack them if they don't attack me, and I leave them alone if they try and do something else (like glitches). If I find myself in a taunt match with no opportunity to fight, I quit AFTER the match.

2. Ignore players who are unresponsive. I'll also violently murder anyone who tries to get cheap KOs via said player.

3. Change characters every time I win so the matches don't become stale. Cycling from Ganon all the way to G&W and back, etc.

4. If I come up against a very poor player (who, say, spams and such), I might pick their character to show them how it's really done. :laugh:

5. Not run away if I start winning. I equate that to cheapness and rudeness.

6. Win. If not, fly into a rage and smash my Wii into a bajillion pieces. Then buy a new one. :chuckle:

~rRiot
^This^
...Except I don't do too much of rule three. :x

Noobicidal

Smash Master
1. Use D3
2. Infinite every Mario, Weegee, Spamus, DK, and Boozer I see
3. John about lag
4. Play as gay as possible
5. Never die before 190%

Shiro Chigo

Smash Rookie
NNID
shirochigo
I do things like this:

1. Never do Johns. They're just annoying on both sides. I never complain about the other person but just myself. If I lose, it's my fault. :"P No one else's.

2. Never blame spam. Spam? That's just a hostile word for repetitive. If you can't get past repeated actions then you're not very good IMO.

That's it. Never blame someone else for losing and never blame spam. :"P

I can blame SD's however.

1: If I see a Taunt Party, join in unless I find one being somewhat hostile.

2: If the person is more hostile than expected, knock them off stage and gimp them, then taunt. Repeat if necessary.

3: If there are Thunder-spamming Pikachus, humiliate them by dodging their Thunder or strike them from farther away.

4: If I find no Taunters, do one of two options:
a. Mindgames with Dimensional Cape and Infinite.
b. Defeat them, taunt to annoy them.

5. If you can't defeat them, mindgames.

6: Should I find a Taunt Crasher, defeat them and taunt.

7: If bored, get on Wario/Bowser/Kirby/Dedede and mess around no matter what the situation.

8: Stages required for #7 are: Temple, New Pork City, Spear Pillar, or rarely Norfair.

For anyone brawl just do this:

1) Give it your all.
2) If laggy to **** with trying to give it your all and just try to do your best in the horrible lag.
3) Someone is avoiding you? Chase after them for awhile and give up if you aren't getting anywhere.
4) A particular event going on such as Duelist Pro or CF stuff, join in.
5) Leave if you get irritated with something.

Jonas

Smash Champion
Oh yeah, but I assumed he meant in general. Also, I don't think taunting qualifies as "being friendly" :bee:

If you join a taunt party, you're just a douche if you start attacking someone xD

Jonas said:
Oh yeah, but I assumed he meant in general. Also, I don't think taunting qualifies as "being friendly"

If you join a taunt party, you're just a douche if you start attacking someone xD
Why did you even state that?

I don't start attacking people in a Taunt Party, unless they attack me first :p.

By the way, Brawl taunting has a whole different meaning in Taunt Parties anyway; it's funny for some reason and not intended to annoy or mock the people taunting with you. However, I've grown off of the spamming taunts and gone on to being more of a 'glitcher' who finds and abuses glitches for fun.

Although if there is a crasher present, and he/she gets owned, then the real meaning of 'taunt' does come into play.

A17

Smash Ace
NNID
Okrapaeli
anyone who gangs up on you in a taunt party for more than 2 games is a sign that labels them as people who need to get laid. taking a game so personally, for goodness sake.

anyone who gangs up on you in a taunt party for more than 2 games is a sign that labels them as people who need to get laid. taking a game so personally, for goodness sake.
...And where did you come up with that?

Where are you aiming that? Me or the people who like to act like taunters and then try to defeat us?

Sovrcat

Smash Cadet
1. play as pink captain falcon
2. when bored hack so EVERYONE has to be a pink captain falcon.
3.dont kill taunters unless they are incredibly boring.

OizenX

Smash Journeyman
1. Never attack during taunt parties
2. Teaming up on one person is fun
3. Send everyone to a hacked stage for the lulz.
4. Never Meteor Smash, its just boring to play like that.
5. Sonic's right taunt.

professor mgw

Smash Champion
NNID
Prof3ssorMGW
1. Don't edgeguard olimar
2. Taunting in competitve battles is disrespect.
3. Taunt parties take the meaning out of brawl.

Top Bottom