• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Your Wifi Code of Honor

DennisTheKing

Smash Cadet
I hate taunt parties...I vow to break all of em i see...honestly, just play the game normally...

2nd if i find a AFC on my team and none on my enemies...i wait to see if it's just temporary or my teammate is totally not here...therefore i just leave...if i find a AFC on the other team i'll let em be unless im annoyed ( Don't join a Basic B or Tb if u aint gonna be there -.-).

3rd- "Try" to have fun ;D

Sovrcat

Smash Cadet
i only kill taunt partys when im in the mood for some FALCON PAUUUNCH'ing, they are boring, they are noobs, or they are rude.

i only kill taunt partys when im in the mood for some FALCON PAUUUNCH'ing, they are boring, they are noobs, or they are rude.
Do not make sweeping generalizations about the Taunt Parties. I'm actually somewhat of a Taunter and I've hardly ever seen someone who was successful at breaking up a Taunt Party.
Some of them are noobs, but the majority isn't, really. And it only gets truly boring if the only thing they do is spam taunts, which I don't find very often. I mostly find them abusing glitches, which can be enjoyable should they managed to pull them off.

Dracospawn

Smash Journeyman
I could tell you that but then I'f have to...ummmm
You are right omnicron, you shouldn't make a sweeping generalization of taunt parties. I've encountered some pretty good taunters, but also some pretty scrubby ones. I encounter some where 2 guys are noobs and they need the actually good one to keep me at bay. And there are some where I have to run like hell because they are all good and I can't take them all or on rare occassions even one of them at the a time.

Zaffy

Smash Apprentice
1. I won't attack someone when taunting, except when it's in the middle of conbat (basicaly, taunting should be saved for when someone dies)
2. If you SD badly, i will aswell.

AAP

Smash Journeyman
- always attack taunt parties
- try my best to disconnect taunt parties to break up the group
- attack the weakest player in the taunt party
- if it isn't a taunt party, just have fun and enjoy the game

Strange how few times i get to actually just have fun and enjoy the game

MuttonBasher

Smash Apprentice
2. Teaming up on one person is fun

4. Never Meteor Smash, its just boring to play like that.

Say What? Teaming up 3 on 1 just means the 3 people suck solo. And meteor smashing is fun, unless you end up on the wrong side of the meteor (I assume you do based on your comment)

Beren Zaiga

Smash Ace
I suppose I do have one. Here are mine.

1. Fight every fight with everything you have.
2. Never surrender, never back down, even if they are beating you.
3. If they start playing like they have an ego, break 'em.
4. Defend the name of Bowser as much as possible.
5. At first you do not stock, try, try again.

Get A Load of This!

Smash Journeyman
1. Meta Knight is the Lord your God, however bad lag may be.

2. Do not have any other gods before Meta Knight. (Exception for Snake doubles in teams.)

3. You shall not camp and taunt, weither in the heat of battle, or on the little platform beneath Hyrule Temple.

4. You shall not bend to their games and taunt with them, for I'm usually taking enough bull from a regular day. Let's all be fair to each other.

5. You shall not go against the rules of the host. Seriously, it's hard enough trying to organize stuff on wi-fi. Give them a break.

6. Remember the GGs and keep them clear of whining.

7. You shall not spam.

8. You shall not camp.

9. You shall not bear the same character you keep getting beat with nonstop.

10. You shall not john. Unless there's lag then let 'er rip.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
1. Hai!
2. Hai!
3. Hai!
4. Taunt Hai! Alot
5. Taunt Parties are awesome and all, but if your not kirby, leave imediatly.
6. Always try your hardest even if its wifi and laggy.

professor mgw

Smash Champion
NNID
Prof3ssorMGW
You keep that up.

If we are in an intense battle, they ought not taunt or else im going 4 the quickest kill possible.

Pink murder

Smash Ace
☠
Interesting thread.

For Basic Brawls:

1. If there's a taunt party, I won't ruin it. I'll either leave or join in depending on my mood.

2. If a person's not moving I'll try to defend him/her.

3. I won't gang up on someone, I'll try to own everyone equally :lick:

4. No Kirbycide's in basic brawls, most of them are there for fun, and dieing like that isn't fun.

☠

For fighting with friends or online tourneys:

1. Never attack someone who is taunting. Unless all they do is taunt >_>.

2. KIRBYCIDE

3. If your opponent isn't moving, jump on his/her head until they do.

4. Never taunt first unless you know the person. If you see your opponent taunt, then you can do so as much as you'd like. (This is to show respect)

5. If someone johns, spam whatever it is that they're johning about. :laugh:

I can't think of another one now, but that's pretty much the gist of it.
☠

●▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬๑۩۩๑▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬●

Jester Kirby

Smash Journeyman
NNID
JesterKirby
mmm, other than my general friendlies code of honor, I just try to be aware if a player has left their controller. Like if they call timeout or if they stop moveing I won't attack them.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
1. Stick to the sidelines and let them fight it out.
2. Warlock Punch whenever possible.
3. If n00b, laugh at them and Gerudo chase.
4. If Olimar, Ice Climbers, or Sheik, pray, then switch characters.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
1. Honor thy people who hate everybody, then beat their faces.
2. "Stop getting nervous because you're winning man! I know everyone hates me, but-AAAHH-..."
3. Taunt parties are all fine and dandy.
4. Always protect the AFC player (afk)
5. ALWAYS pick randomly, but not using the random button, I don't want to get stuck with characters I have personal grudges against.
6. NEVER attack a Zelda if I'm a Marth.
7. If in taunt parties, try to show people some neat AT's and Glitches.
8. If jerk is present, own their face.
9. same as above.
10. same as above.
11. Eat kaek.
12. Pretend to talk to people as if they can hear you on wifi.
13. Be happy that the network is configured to Lockstep. It's fairer and doesn't lose packets during transfer (example of non-lockstep: OMG I just owned that Fookarnin noobszzsz! Imma hit him again! *hits on said players screen but the host's game doesn't recognize it* WHAT THE F***********************)

Rad Riardos

Smash Rookie
I honor anyone who strays away from the boring, generic, lifeless, 3-stock, no items matches that are dull and sleep-inducing.

Seriously, items make it more fun and interesting.

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
i never attack someone while taunting. especially if they have a custom taunt, i wait till its over to continue the fight.

DarkAura

Smash Lord
if someone taunts after a kill or anything at any time, i kill myself then resurrect myself so i can kill myself again.

taunts make me uber :mad: :mad088:

Reapereater

Smash Cadet
1) If snake is trying to do snake's codec I won't ruin it.
2) If there is a taunt party I'll hit em with a charged ftilt
3) If I lose to an ike i blame my disablity to press the shield button or dogde. (ike is so slow)
4) If faced with a double try and plan the unexpected.
5) If death is caused by lag, point finger angrily at TV.
6) Never attack a lady unless they take advantage of this rule.
7) Metaknights can kill the game so kill em quick.
8) Don't fall for link/toon link's dair
9) Don't try and juggle against link/toon link
10) An enemy is weakest when do stupid moves. After that pwn em.
11) Put pokeballs on high on weekends.

Pretty basic for me..

cloudenvy112

Smash Apprentice
1. Never attack anyone who is not attacking; wait for a signal that they are back at the game.

2. If an FFA match is going on with more than 2 people and one is not moving, defend the immobile person so as to not take or let anyone else take easy kills.

3. If someone starts taunting even if they lost a stock and they keep taunting, taunt with them but don't let my guard down for a surprise attack.

4. Tell my teammates not to brag if we completely dominate 2v2 matches.
5. Don't say anyone sucks and positively reinforce them if they say so about themselves.
6. Always say "good game(s)" after the end of a set (unless the person was spamming and was clearly trying to cheat.)

7. Never rub victories into someone else's face or insult their skill. (I get respect for respecting others).
8. Be modest when others publicize your great skill in an AiB chatroom.

A lot more rules but those are basic.

Aibou

Smash Master
My Code of Honor:

1. Honor taunt parties. If not in the mood for one, leave, don't ruin it.

2. Never attack an immobile player, even if they are a complete jerk.

3. Protect immobile players, even if they are complete jerks.

4. Kill all complete jerks if they are mobile.

5. If, during a taunt party, someone attacks anyone, hit them to let them know that that is not tolerated. And if they keep attacking, kill them.

6. If there is a fighter (not a taunter) using Zelda, choose Zelda and defeat them with her.

7. Kill spammy Ike and Wolf with Sheik.

8. Kill spammy Pikachu with Game and Watch.

10. NEVER use items, even if your opponents turned them on. Rule 11 does not apply to this.

11. Only use the Smash Ball with Zelda/Sheik or Marth, as their Final Smashes are too epic to ignore.

Mewter

Smash Master
First off, if any of you have seen a player consistently playing as white Link on Wi-Fi, that was me. I just have this really weird tendency to want to fight in a fighting game for some reason (yeah, I'm a jerk). :)

1. Never attack an AFK opponent.
2. Crash taunt parties.
3. Use all items available to me.
4. Never gang up on people.

Neo Exdeath

Smash Ace
1. Ruin all taunt parties
2. Use Kirby to kill spammy MKs
3. If someone accidentally suicides, then I will suicide too.
4. Never attack someone who seems to be not participating.
5. Quitting is only acceptable when I have to eat or when the lag is horrendous.

The_Final_Smasher

Smash Rookie
1. Never attack people that are AFC

2. If someone does attack AFC, I will try my best to protect him/her.

3. Laugh if I completely pwn a guy 5 to 3 if he be killing the AFC the whole time.

4. Join taunt parties if in the mood.

5. Never attack anyone in a taunt party unless they are being a*******.

6. Protect the turf from malevolent intruders

7. Never break up a Taunt Party

8. Never use items

9. Always use white Kirby

10. Use down taunt more than twice after an epic KO

AAP

Smash Journeyman
the amount of respect given to taunt parties in this thread sickens me.

Meccs

@Meccs_
1) Never attack somebody who is AFC; Protect them.
2) You don't attack me, I won't attack you (FFA only).
3) Items on = battle is null. (no matter who wins, the battle really doesn't count for crap. But that's not much different than a no-items battle over Wi-Fi anyways...)
4) Throw items off the stage to try to make the people who have em on realize they should turn them off. Exception is a 4 player taunt party, in which items really prevent it from being boring.
5) If two people are fighting 1v1, don't interrupt them. Stay outta their way and let em fight.
6) FFA is pretty much a joke (the only instances can be rare 1v1s or when p3 and p4 let p1 and p2 battle it out 1v1), hence taunt parties. However, Team Battle can sometimes be good, so no taunt partying there.
7) No 'lag' johns. However, if lag is horrendous, don't try to fight, just stand still and wait to see if it lessens. If not, quit.
8) Lucas B-sticking PK Fire > PSI Magnet, and Zap Jump around Temple if there's another Lucas, to show em what Lucas can do :D (I never really bothered much with Lucas, but saw one in a taunt party doing Zap jump, and thought it looked awesome, and so I looked here on the Lucas boards to find out about it :D The Lucas tried to teach me in the TP but without the specific controls I really couldn't do it.)

hmm that's about it I guess.

Top Bottom