• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Your Wifi Code of Honor

SDR

Smash Rookie
1) Never attack somebody who is AFC; Protect them.
2) You don't attack me, I won't attack you (FFA only).
3) Items on = battle is null. (no matter who wins, the battle really doesn't count for crap. But that's not much different than a no-items battle over Wi-Fi anyways...)
4) If two people are fighting 1v1, don't interrupt them. Stay outta their way and let em fight.
5) FFA is pretty much a joke (the only instances can be rare 1v1s or when p3 and p4 let p1 and p2 battle it out 1v1), hence taunt parties. However, Team Battle can sometimes be good, so no taunt partying there.
6) No 'lag' johns. However, if lag is horrendous, don't try to fight, just stand still and wait to see if it lessens. If not, quit.
7) Lucas B-sticking PK Fire > PSI Magnet, and Zap Jump around Temple if there's another Lucas, to show em what Lucas can do :D (I never really bothered much with Lucas, but saw one in a taunt party doing Zap jump, and thought it looked awesome, and so I looked here on the Lucas boards to find out about it :D The Lucas tried to teach me in the TP but without the specific controls I really couldn't do it.)

hmm that's about it I guess.

* Yea that's about it *

TheZizz

Smash Journeyman
1. Fight to the final breath
2. Use everything at your disposal except AFC players
3. Keep your cool and your sense of humor
4. Respect your fellow players and don't discriminate
5. Taunt when least expected
6. Leave your personal problems at the door
7. Disconnect all teamers and AFCers

Jim Morrison

Smash Authority
Give up when you're behind 2 stocks.
Kill AFC players to teach them a lesson.
When someone taunts after I die, I attack them.
If I lose with my fun chars I pick MK.
I never pick MK unless I need to, people will never play me again otherwise.
Spam Tornado and downsmash in severe lag.
When there's items on, spam Tornado and D-smash.
When in FFA, spam Tornado and D-smash.
Post offensive taunt messages.
It's always the lag's fault if I lose. If I win my opponent is just ****.

Yea, I don't have that many rules :O

Red-Blue

Was selected randomly
Give up when you're behind 2 stocks.
Kill AFC players to teach them a lesson.
When someone taunts after I die, I attack them.
If I lose with my fun chars I pick MK.
I never pick MK unless I need to,
people will never play me again otherwise.
Spam Tornado and downsmash in severe lag.
When there's items on, spam Tornado and D-smash.
When in FFA, spam Tornado and D-smash.
Post offensive taunt messages.
It's always the lag's fault if I lose. If I win my opponent is just ****.

Yea, I don't have that many rules :O
That made me feel good.

Sliq

Smash Master
My mind is blown by the extreme inanity I am being presented with in this thread.

I'm helping.

Dracospawn

Smash Journeyman
I could tell you that but then I'f have to...ummmm
the amount of respect given to taunt parties in this thread sickens me.
Only some taunt parties deserve respect, but more of them don't.

How dare someone have fun in a different way than everyone else.
taunt parties are alot like hacking. It's almost impossible to beat them and they are playing dirty.
AAP is angry because they all gang up on him.

How dare you mock someone in an intense battle?
Nuff said

My mind is blown by the extreme inanity I am being presented with in this thread.

I'm helping.
Alrighty then

:downs:

Smash Apprentice
taunt parties are alot like hacking. It's almost impossible to beat them and they are playing dirty.
AAP is angry because they all gang up on him.
Taunt parties are easier than an average 4 (casual) player FFA. You play dirty back. AAP should learn how to disconnect and find a different game, instead of sticking around in the taunt party so he can complain about how unfair WiFi is.

Most of the taunt parties I find that have good players just have 2 sit out while the other one fights the TP crasher.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
I'm new so, don't attack people who arn't moving, try to learn, and have fun >.>; yay-god

Brickbox

Smash Master
3DS FC
0344-9566-1729
My code is to take down all spammers that are taking over wifi

SManDMan

Smash Rookie
3 things:
1. If there's a taunt party with a CPU (only 3 humans) defend the others. Free kill! XD
2. Kill steal by shooting people with mah arrows.
3. Stand still and eat anyone who tries to get an easy kill.

person701

Smash Journeyman
1.Defeat
2.Crush
3.Destroy
4.Conquer
Anyone else notice the acronyms here?

1. If their not moving and it's on random... oh well. Else wise, jump around.
2. Always keep the john of lag in the back of my mind.
3. Don't play gay: no spamming/stalling/etc.
4. Taunt parties I'll do what ever I feel like doing.

I think that's all I got.

Elucifur

Smash Apprentice
1. When first joining a group of people, immediately take to the air and float there. You don't know who might start spamming projectiles at you.
2. If someone's afc, protect them.
3. If you team up with someone, and they're relentlessly going after the hostile person, stand back and don't interfere.
4. If you team up with someone, and they're kind of terrible, help them out a bit.
5. If you team up with someone and accidentally kill them, let them kill you.
6. If the person that you're trying to demolish keeps running from you, simply go, "♪La-lala-lala-la~♪" over and over.
7. Glide toss. :mad088:

bo lyfoung

Smash Rookie
Hey, do any of you guys know where to go to find people to brawl online? Just help me-.-

Darkmega

Smash Apprentice
Not sure if I've posted here but hell, here goes, mind you I don't do free matches. I usually only brawl with friendlies:

1. Be courteous if the other doesn't want to right straight away and join in on whatever they're doing. Such as taunting, crouch spamming with kirbys or jiggz, or just randomly running around the stage.

2. Turn off all items unless it was purposefully wanted to be a item match. Smash balls excepted if they want smashballs.

3. Taunt when they epic fail and keep taunting in random places until they manage to hit you. Taunt also after every kill, but only once.

4. Finish dynamically if possible. AKA do my ending taunt message as they explode off screen. Which is usually "Nice try, But I win.", Or, "NO-ONE CAN STOP ME!".

5. if jiggz, plan to annoy them as much as possible with downthrows and taunts in random places.

6. Complain about lag if there was. And blame all Ike epic fails on Lag or Nair (which they mostly are. -.-)

7. if they spam projectiles go all matrix style and kick their *** with a rage combo. If it fails, have a fire fight if you also have projectiles.

8. Fight well with Honor and own them, unless you're playing around.

9. If I lose congratulate the winner and vow to own them completely the next match.

10. If using a landmaster when it falls from the sky mimick Dio Brando and go: "ROADA ROLLER DA! *squish* and if it kills them shout out: "WWWWWWWWWWWRRRRRRRRRRYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!"

11. "Take what you can, give nothing back".

12. Killing with a projectile warrants a "boom headshot!" Comment.

13. Always laugh at the person with the least kills, even if it's yourself, and if you lose a stock game but have the most kills argue that I still won with being the one with the most kills to cheer yourself up.

14. Just have fun! especially in capsule games and true falcon punch games.

15. Ask for a humiliation taunt match if you lost epicly to get it out of your system with a bit of song and dance finishing with SD. lol

pitskeyblade

Smash Lord
Makin movies makin songs & FIGHTIN ROUND THE W
pitskeyblade's code of honor:

1. Never attack an opponent that can/will not move just to rack up points. Defend them if possible.
2. Be friendly with anyone willing to do so.
3. If anyone breaks the treaty, do my best to give them a hard time.
4. If a rival Pit shows up, try my best to befriend them. (I don't like fighting Pits not because I'm bad at it, but I don't see many Pits around online and I want to see if I can learn some stuff without beating the crap out of each other.)
5. John about lagtime, but only if I lose.
6. Try not to resort to items too much.
7. Don't use the Smash ball.
8. Be a good sport.
9. Do not allow people to gang up on another person.

NintendoMan07

Smash Journeyman
1. Never attack anyone who is not attacking; wait for a signal that they are back at the game.

2. If an FFA match is going on with more than 2 people and one is not moving, defend the immobile person so as to not take or let anyone else take easy kills.

3. If someone starts taunting even if they lost a stock and they keep taunting, taunt with them but don't let my guard down for a surprise attack.

4. Tell my teammates not to brag if we completely dominate 2v2 matches.
5. Don't say anyone sucks and positively reinforce them if they say so about themselves.
6. Always say "good game(s)" after the end of a set (unless the person was spamming and was clearly trying to cheat.)

7. Never rub victories into someone else's face or insult their skill. (I get respect for respecting others).
8. Be modest when others publicize your great skill in an AiB chatroom.

A lot more rules but those are basic.
Mine (even though I don't really play anymore):

1. Only fight people like the above.

That's it.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
My code of honour is that there is no honour.

Mainly because nobody else extends those principles to me. Screw them, I'll do as I please.

AzureWing

Smash Apprentice
My wifi code of honor:

1. Never attack first
2. Don't break up taunt parties
3. Never attack a player who's afk
4. Don't give taunt party crashers the satisfaction by fighting them back lol
5. Spam Pokémon Change
6. If I accidently KO an ally then SD

I rarely play competitively online. With the ever present lag, what's the point. It's less stressful just goof off and relax.

BurningSoul

Smash Cadet
Here's mine:

1. Don't attack unless an opponent approaches you with an intent to kill (in case of bloody annoying taunt parties)*

2. Do not attack idle opponents

3. Do not taunt unless someone taunts at you first

4. If someone actually assists you in a free for all or never tries to attack you, protect them when he/she being attacked by an aggressive opponent *

5. Only taunt for the sake of being playful, never with the intent of insulting your opponent (unless he/she taunts at you with that kind of intent)

*Applies only to Basic Brawl

That's just about it I suppose.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
1. Never play wifi with anyone with a ridiculous honor code.

2. In case of accidentally playing wifi with somebody with a ridiculous honor code, use opponent's honor code against him/her as much as possible unless it detract from item 3.

3. Play to win.

~Lady Luck~

Smash Cadet
Washington (no, there's no shiny vampires here)
I'm always Peach.

1. Defend Taunt Parties
2. Never attack an idle player. However, if there are 4 players in the room, and I can't defend the idle player well enough from one of the players, I'll get hit on purpose by the other player and KO myself. Basically, I'll FORCE Sudden Death matches until both try to leave us alone and fight eachother instead.
3. React in the beginning of the match based on whether or not the other players want a Taunt Party or a real match. I won't take real matches seriously since there's usually more than two people in the room, items tend to be on, and it's a Time Match.
4. If other Taunt Partyists leave due to a Party Crasher, be stubborn and stay on. Run away during matches, and use the Side Taunt at nearly every oppertunity. Maybe even turn healing items on high and choose New Pork City as the stage.
5. When role-playing, choose Bowser over Mario to make the Mario go "WTF?!" XD
6. If the players are bored and want a friendly match, I'll accept.
7. Anyone who attempts to spike me while I float off stage (I do this a lot) is going to be targeted by me until he/she leaves the room (I'm dead serious. I don't care if there's a Party Crasher, or someone else is winning by more than 5 points. I'm going for YOU "buddy"!! D:<)
8. If ganged up on, stay near other players to make them hit eachother.
9. If some player wants to act all nightly and keep me out of the fight, I'll let him do it...unless he's getting pwned.
10. Never trust Toon Links (I seem them act as Party Crashers or betray Taunt Parties all the time).

Ah, Basic Brawls...I play so much of them. Makes me wonder how many of us have played with eachother on them without realizing it...

Dracospawn

Smash Journeyman
I could tell you that but then I'f have to...ummmm
What are taunt parties?
If you sum up a taunt party as such: Taunt parties are a group of people who go online and taunt with other players, do not fight and show eachother tricks. This is really basically a non violent match where they try to comunicate with each other. All this changes when someone comes wanting to fight. Then all the people who participate in the taunt party gang up on that one player that wants to taunt. Sometimes if they wish, they will let one player go off to fight that one player or 2. There are at least 2 people in a taunt party so the results will vary. Basically this is what a taunt party is.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ffcq4B3Tsw They do random stuff and such. Fighting these players require strategy.

Mojorosea

Smash Rookie
1. Don't attack anyone unless they attack me first
2. Don't attack idle players. If I see someone attacking another idle player I try to stop them
3. If I kill another taunt member I KO myself
4. If another taunt party member kills me by accident but doesn't realize they are supposed to KO their self, I let it go. If this continues for more than 2 games then I have no choice but to kill them.
5. I don't tolerate taunt party bullies. If someone in a taunt party is attacking others just for the fun of it I attack them back
6. If someone waits for me to get someones damage up and then comes to steal my kill, they will get beat up.
7. If you think throwing projectiles at someone is a fun way to spend your time in a taunt party, it isn't. I will kill you.
8. When I KO a crasher, I usually will KO myself so everyone can be in SSD. For the mere purpose of being able to kill them there.
9. If someone new joins the group and one of the members decides to pick a fight with them, I just stand back and watch. The only time I will fight is when they start attacking me
10. Try not to steal anyone elses kills
11. Don't give free KO's to others
12. Don't taunt after KO'ing someone in SSD. That makes them more mad because it makes it seem like you are very serious

Luigiman777

Smash Rookie
1. Defend Taunt Parties
2. Never attack an idle player. However, if there are 4 players in the room, and I can't defend the idle player well enough from one of the players, I'll get hit on purpose by the other player and KO myself. Basically, I'll FORCE Sudden Death matches until both try to leave us alone and fight eachother instead.
3. React in the beginning of the match based on whether or not the other players want a Taunt Party or a real match. I won't take real matches seriously since there's usually more than two people in the room, items tend to be on, and it's a Time Match.
6. If the players are bored and want a friendly match, I'll accept.
7. Anyone who attempts to spike me while I float off stage (I do this a lot) is going to be targeted by me until he/she leaves the room (I'm dead serious. I don't care if there's a Party Crasher, or someone else is winning by more than 5 points. I'm going for YOU "buddy"!! D:<)
8. If ganged up on, stay near other players to make them hit eachother.
9. If some player wants to act all nightly and keep me out of the fight, I'll let him do it...unless he's getting pwned.
...Wow. I'm pretty much exactly the same as you, Luck. Except my characters vary.

waldorf2007

Smash Ace
NNID
Waldorf2007
1. Taunt: an insulting gibe or sarcasm; scornful reproach or challenge. (pulled from dictionary.com). This means that when someone taunts me, I am provoked to attack them. Thus I do. unless the taunt is "brb" or some variant on that. Then, I would wait for 3 seconds or so, and then attack if they're still doing things.
2. Don't CP meta just to be a dousche. if it's a legit counterpick then, yeah sure.

Have fun, and offline at any chance.

Top Bottom