• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - MLG Anaheim 2014 Your experience at MLG?

Status
Not open for further replies.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
In between round 1 and 2, I was told that one of my matches started at the last heat of round 2. By the time I walked back (Standing in line took a good 5-10 mins), round 2 had already started and people had been waiting on me for my round. There may have been problems with what people were hearing from the info desk, from what I gathered.

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Regarding scheduling stuff: for the next event I will make sure the information booth does not give match times (and especially heat times). It is clearly not beneficial to have her do that.

No round was ever started an hour and a half early. I believe the earliest a round was started was roughly 40 minutes early. Heats though were called, in some cases up to 2 hours early (example, during round 1 heat 1, I had matches from heat 5 also running). At the time I was not aware the information booth was giving out heat-start-time information since we have not once published/publicized that information (only round start time info). This was my fault alone because the information booth did not know not to give heat times (I should have talked with her before the tournament so we were clear on things).

Krystedez: I'm sorry. That is all I can really say and I know it doesn't amount to much. I feel terrible about your situation (and Legans...my fellow God Kai). I will be making some changes as a response to what happened to you and a few others.

The one thing I do want to address though was me giving the option to Sky to play the match - that happened so that you at least had a chance that you may still be able to play, instead of no chance at all. Would you preferred the option have not existed and instead just had been an outright DQ? It was something I was trying to do for your benefit because it is something I did at MLG Orlando with 3 or 4 people and in all cases those players decided to play out the match (though usually making the other person start 1 game down). In the future I'll probably not give this option though, because you are right, it should not be in the control of the player.

Kiest: For Smash next tournament I will have up a list that says what place you got based on what round you lost in. As for why there is no bracket image: MLG uses an excel file with...rather complicated stuff on it. None of the MLG Tournament Directors actually have a bracket to look at, which makes the "what round did I lose in" hard to answer off the top of your head, or "who do I play next". This is also a problem at the info booth, because excel (for some stupid reason) doesn't let you ctrl+f something in an algorithm (in other words if the cell says =F7'brawl 1v1' or something, and that cell then fills in with "keist" (taking the name from another field) when you ctrl+f the function only sees "F7'brawl 1v1', not "keist". That makes answering the question "who do I play next" or "when do I play" or any question that involves finding your name extremely tedious, which is why we have the info booth because I would not be able to run the tournament if I had to answer those questions from 250 people.

Also, I actually think MLG can control the temp (aka request specific temp from the hotel for the convention). The reason it is cold in the venues is 3 fold
1. Much of the equiptment needs to be kept cool to prevent overheating. This is especially true for the 128+ xbox 360's that are in use for up to 15 hour periods.
2. Bodies warm a space up in unpredictable ways (you mentioned this). It is better to run a little chilly where you can wear a long sleave shirt or a sweatshirt then be a little hot where...you have no option to cool yourself down other then running shirtless.
3. Cold air makes smells less vibrant

Da Kid: I wasn't aware the Tekken director was asking repeatedly. I more or less tune him out cause I'm focused on a bunch of other things during the event. I'll talk with him and try to correct the issue. Also, with our existing amount of ropes I think there may be a way to seclude 4 stations after we don't need them anymore (instead of waiting for an entire section of 8 to finish). You would only get about another 2-4 hours of freeplay but I think it is the best I can do.

iiDEMIGODz

Smash Cadet
Noo no no. None of this the worst. THE WORST IS THE BACKLASH I GOT. The bull**** whispered into my ear. VERY unprofessional attitude from the opponent AND the reff. I don't care how nice you were, Pierce, but you could have said something earlier.

Skye: I didn't have any control over the situation. Even if I wanted to play you, they wouldn't have let me. (lies. because they just sat there and said you could decide).
I remember seeing Skye running around yelling about him being the best Falco ever, and asking someone what was going on. They said he won by a DQ. I basically raised my eyebrows and said "Oh...wow."

If your story is the truth, then super wow. That's rough man. It's bad enough to get DQ, let alone having multiple parties be complete *******es about it.

dj asakura

Smash Ace
Thanks for agreeing with my post guys. I have a possible solution to all this.

GIVE BRAWL IT'S OWN "INFORMATION" DESK!

TV's and extra stations and all that are one thing, but I understand that it could be a money issue so I'll leave that alone even though I agree we need more stations and seating.

We need someone who is in direct contact with AZ and other behind the scenes people to keep us updated on brawl matches and who we play and when we play. This way they can give us a more updated time frame for when we should be playing and then we wouldn't have to be any further away from the Brawl section than we would be normally, thus no one would miss there matches when trying to figure out when their matches are.

This would also open the opportunity for there to be a real time update of the Brawl bracket online. In case anyone wasn't aware, the Brawl singles bracket didn't get updated until 7:00pm EST on Saturday. At this information desk, you can give players their matches and keep the bracket updated online so as to better inform anyone who is trying to look it up.

There is no excuse for MLG to allow someone who payed their $35 + whatever traveling expenses to lose a match due to being late when, in reality, the match started an hour early. That's utter garbage.

Brawl is starting to seem to me like Gears of War 2 was last season. The adopted child of MLG who is forced to live under the stairs. Yes, we sell out most of our passes, but we had the smallest area (putting us up against the wall was a horrible idea) and no extra seating (even WoW had 2 benches).

For a game like Brawl, developer support isn't as big a deal as for a game like Halo or Gears of War, our community is the life-blood of this and without proper treatment that community will die.

*EDIT*: I just saw AZ's post so excuse me for going on a rant but I'm going to leave this post up regardless. And for the record, though you say no matches started more than 40 minutes early (which is still WAY too early since some people thought they had time to do other things before their match), I can attest to the fact that my friend was told he was to play at 11:00pm and had already given up his first game in WBR2 before 10:00.

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Winners Bracket Round 2 was scheduled to start at 9:30PM. Your friend must have gone to the info desk and gotten a heat start time instead of a round start time (I believe I have already addressed that this will change in the future).

As I said, no round was started more then 40 minutes early (most were only 15-30 minutes early, and this was on Saturday, not on Friday where we started 30 minutes late and finished roughly just on time).

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
I feel the Smash setup needs to be changed just a tad. It was great and all, and while still a spacious corner (lol), it really just isn't enough. Setups need more space between them (ESPECIALLY for doubles) and they were sometimes a little meh for singles. When you look at the numbers Smash had 250 people there which is kind of ridiculous compared to the sub-80 for Tekken. They had the same 20 setup thing we had iirc, but then also the big screen + bench setups. Even though we can't straight up get the big screen as I believe it was said in this thread that was sponsored by Sony, I doubt it would be hard to get a bit more of a stage thing going on + a bigger TV or projector (the overhead one) and seating. Being cramped on the floor was ridiculous, and it sucked having to sit down because I pretty much lined up to watch the finals as close as possible like 40 minutes before they started and then everyone sat down and I went from best seat in the house to one of the worst with no space and not being able to see over the competitors to the screen.

Even though the tournament ran so smooth with 20 setups, more would be extremely beneficial. Even if we just got an extra setup thing with 12 setups, that could help us get through rounds 1 and 2 of winners and losers where the most matches are, then be turned into friendlies for the rest of everything. Also if theres an area like that where its dedicated to friendlies on all of Sat and Sun pretty much then the structure can be changed slightly to make it better for friendlies, like having a line setup and ref's specifically for helping out friendlies, and potentially allowing sets on some of them instead of single matches.

one of my gripes with the event (but was not their problem) was that with 250 smashers I just feel like I missed out on a lot. I hardly got to meet half of the people there and played many less. Reading the threads here and stuff I'm finding out some people I thought werent there actually were.

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
Woooooow Krys. I didn't even get to make it to the tourney (I was registered), but I have mad sympathy for you after that BS. You're a bigger man than I for sure; if that were me I would have straight-up punched someone in the head.... God I'm raging just from reading that (especially knowing that the same thing could very-well have happened to me since I originally planned to attend). I've actually been thinking about going to Ralleigh to make up for missing this one even though that's really far for me to travel, but after that story... :urg:

:( Hope you do well at the next big event you go to.

Flayl

Smash Hero
What's the purpose of making a player lose if it's up to you and you know you have no chance of getting top 16? Just to be a douchebag?

Maybe I'm wrong maybe Skye thought he could get top 16.

iiDEMIGODz

Smash Cadet
Brawl is starting to seem to me like Gears of War 2 was last season. The adopted child of MLG who is forced to live under the stairs. Yes, we sell out most of our passes, but we had the smallest area (putting us up against the wall was a horrible idea) and no extra seating (even WoW had 2 benches).
I could NOT agree more. Gears of War 2 had a great following, and still was bringing in 80+ teams after the ridiculous Meadowlands ruleset. Yet the game and players didn't receive much gratitude from MLG, and somehow got dropped in favor of the Tekken/Smash combo.

Now, I'm not saying Smash shouldn't have been added (it's a great addition), but Tekken? The game doesn't even bring in as many INDIVIDUAL players as Gears 2 did TEAMS! Does MLG simply want a game for every current-Gen platform, or is Sony loading their pockets that much?

I'm just hoping Smash doesn't get mistreated then the boot at the end of the year, much like Gears did. If MLG 2011 is Halo: Reach, SSBB, Gears 3 (after its release) and WoW, I would be so much more hyped to go to another midwest event.

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Brawl simply being in MLG is a privilege. Do not lose sight of that. People always seem to want more and more instead off being thankful for what they have.

Despite the negatives being said here (which I don't mind hearing because there is always room for improvement), for the large majority of the over 200 entrants the weekend was one of the best tournaments they have ever been to, and I'm confident in that.

Legan

Smash Lord
Simply being in MLG is a privilege. Do not lose sight of that. People always seem to want more and more instead off being thankful for what they have.

Despite the negatives being said here (which I don't mind hearing because there is always room for improvement), for the large majority of the over 200 entrants the weekend was one of the best tournaments they have ever been to, and I'm confident in that.
Even though I got completely ****ed over. I couldnt agree more.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
One thing I still think could use fixing as I'm sure any BBR member knows is the ruleset lol.

I'm becoming less adamant about the stage list stuff (my only real complain is Green Greens really, everything else can more or less be dealt with) but the #1 worst thing is the ledge grab rule. My set with Fizzle proves it.

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
Simply being in MLG is a privilege.
wat?

(What I'm about to say is just an analogy; I wasn't at MLG so can't comment outside of speculation on how good or bad it may have been)...

I'm pretty sure the MLG passes are a commercial product that were available to anyone and that all of the entrants paid for. Imagine buying a loaf of bread, finding out it's moldy when you bring it home, then trying to return it or complain about it and having the store owner tell you "You should feel lucky you have the privilege to buy this bread from me." :dizzy:

CR4SH

Smash Lord
Biggest suprise of the tournament? Nobody's chair fell off the stage midmatch during doubles. I can't hardly believe it, nobody must have moved their chair even an inch.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Everyone knows it was an awesome experience, and everyone knows that this was great for the community. so theres not much point in stating the obvious, but like chibo said some stuff isnt as obvious and needs to be brought up so that we can 1. rectify it or 2. understand the workings of why it may not be able to be rectified.

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Avarice: I was referring to Brawl being in MLG. Not any specific entrants being allowed to enter MLG.

We should not turn into the GoW community that complains at every little juncture. It makes us look bad. Constructive critism is fine, but complaining that we don't get the same resources as X, Y, or Z is a pointless and ultimately self-destructing effort. We have to make the best of what we do have, which is way more then most nationals can offer (many can't even give you a finals that you can watch at the tournament, much less the prizes, professional atmosphere, and free stuff all weekend long).

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
that is true, ill give you that AZ, but it seems to me that more set ups for brawl would be equally and mutually beneficial for everyone involved.

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I don't disagree. Obviously I'm a huge proponent of getting as many setups as possible. I have a firm belief that there should be a 1-4 ratio of setups to players if you can manage it. However, for MLGs purposes, setups are meant for the singular purpose of holding the tournament. We will only get as many setups as we need to run the tournament on time. Unfortunate when it comes to friendlies, but that is the logic behind it and it isn't something that can be changed.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
Krystedez: I'm sorry. That is all I can really say and I know it doesn't amount to much. I feel terrible about your situation (and Legans...my fellow God Kai). I will be making some changes as a response to what happened to you and a few others.

The one thing I do want to address though was me giving the option to Sky to play the match - that happened so that you at least had a chance that you may still be able to play, instead of no chance at all. Would you preferred the option have not existed and instead just had been an outright DQ? It was something I was trying to do for your benefit because it is something I did at MLG Orlando with 3 or 4 people and in all cases those players decided to play out the match (though usually making the other person start 1 game down). In the future I'll probably not give this option though, because you are right, it should not be in the control of the player.
I understand perfectly what you were saying about the option existing, but I would have preferred it not happen in the first place and for you guys realize how unorthodox the method of calling out matches early like that was, plus on top of the fact that there was nothing stopping you from doing what Pierce originally said you guys WERE going to do and let me get my match. What would have Skye done? Stomped his feet and cried? Jesus. At least I shook the guy's hand and said gg's, even tho I was on the verge of breaking down. I even told him if he didn't get to finals at all I'd be pissed at him.

And I've kept my word.

Anyways, I have no hard feelings or hate against you AZ, or even the reff. I understand the situation more clearly now, but it shouldn't have happened in the first place. This might have been my big chance to actually take on Ally/M2K again/Mike/Dojo/Tyrant/Theotherawesomepeople in bracket for once, and it was ruined. That's why I'm upset. I didn't get to play matches I otherwise won't have the chance to do forever.

But it's all done now. I'm grateful for the fact that Brawl was taken into MLG. I'm grateful for your efforts. Thank you.

My rating... 6/10. Enjoyable experience overall simply because of the community cheering me up. For what it's worth... I thank you, Midwest.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Even with the express purpose of running a timely tournament, shouldnt more setups play directly into that, making the first 4-5 rounds of winner and 8-10 rounds of losers play out significantly faster?

Nicole

Smash Champion
I didn't mind there not being a ton of friendlies during the tournament. However, I don't understand why, if the brawl tournament finishes before the tekken, halo, wow, etc tournaments, and the venue is still open, and all of the brawl setups are still in place...

Why couldn't brawl players stay and play friendlies until the venue closed?
just to restate my question...it never got answered.

Kel

Smash Master
Simply being in MLG is a privilege.
After two events, this is my biggest complaint: I pay a lot of money to travel to, enter, and stay at MLG's hotel. I even turn myself into a walking billboard for their sponsors through shirts. Yet, I'm not treated like a customer.

The biggest example of this is that there have been disgruntled ladies walking around yelling at people that are inside the ropes "not playing." I put 'not playing' in parentheses because I was playing a friendly with a Diddy kong where one of these ladies decided to harass this player, accusing him of not playing. When this player assured this woman that he was indeed playing (by stopping the game and showing himself dash dancing and saying "look, I'm doing this in the game"), she responded with "I'm not as stupid as you think! I'm here do to a job. You're just here to play a video game!"

This is a specific example from Columbus, but at Orlando there were a couple 116 year old ladies walking around bossing people around as well. The thing that bugs me is that we are ALWAYS polite to these people. We always do as they say and apologize, yet they treat us like crap. This ruins the experience. Specifically, the way the lady from my example practically down talked the community and its lifestyle choices.

There are other examples of not being treated like a customer, but I would really like MLG to tone down on sending ladies around on a war path. I understand they want the rope area to stay clear during matches, but this was free play.

and I sympathize with Krystedez's argument. I understand you want to run a tight ship, but I feel too much is left up to the judge's discretion- who are biased. I mention they are biased because THEY DON'T EVEN ENFORCE THE SAME RULES, and while Pierce may have called Krys' match at 10:46, he could have just as easily sided with Sky as a friend. This is left up to discretion, which is undesirable.

I had a great time at Orlando, but for some reason I didn't particularly enjoy Columbus =(

ADHD

Smash Hero
"I got a wall infinite on DK on green greens and the bomb killed me when I down threw him agiainst the wall and I lost."

dj asakura

Smash Ace
AZ, believe me when I say that I'm happy that MLG picked up Brawl and that I did have fun at this tournament, but there's a lot that should be done not just for Brawl, but that the league as a whole needs to address. This isn't something I'm going to get into here or now but I'm going to leave this thread with this:

It should not be a privilege to play Brawl in MLG, MLG should consider themselves privileged to have Brawl players show up in mass and play at their events.

MLG is a business selling a product and, as such, should be more invested in their clientele. They try, I know that and respect that but sometimes their rules hurt their clientele more then they enforce anything.

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
ADHD: That never happened. Go watch the match. He was grabbing Ook and throwing away from the wall. If MikeHaze actually knew what he was doing he would have known that the hit box for the D-Throw would have exploded the bomb which was right there in plain sight next to his feet. All he needed to do was F-throw.

The match is just another example of someone who doesn't know what they are doing on a stage losing a match because of it.

Kel: the security are different at each event and they are simply contracted out. They are not MLG employees. Security, unfortunately, varies significantly from convention center to convention center. I can't really say much about them other then I'll try to keep a closer eye and/or maybe explain further their responsibilities.

Regarding the refs: I have some ideas to reduce the possibility of any bias regarding what you brought up.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
"I got a wall infinite on DK on green greens and the bomb killed me when I down threw him agiainst the wall and I lost."
Lolwut.

He was facing away from the wall when he grabbed Ook. It's his fault for using d-throw while the bomb was right there to his left.

edit: ninja'd

Xyless

Smash Master
Oh right, if we're talking about our experiences, I'll mention a funny one for me.

On Sunday, I was going to the bathroom in a stall before everyone showed up (Me, Ankoku, and Mikey were the first ones there, more or less), and once I finished, I left the stall to find a female employee standing there. She looked extremely surprised and almost disgusted to see me there, and she grabbed me and started taking me out of the bathroom (DIDN'T EVEN GET TO WASH MY HANDS WTF). She was telling me how I was in big trouble for being such a freak, going to the bathroom in the women's bathroom, even though I was definitely in the MEN'S bathroom. I kept telling her that, and she refused to believe me. She threatened to kick me out as well.

Once we got out of the room, I pointed her to the sign above the door, which clearly wrote MEN. She looked at it, nodded, and said "YEAH SEE? WOMEN!" I looked at it, looked at her, looked at it again, then kind of felt my head explode inside as I tried to figure out what she was thinking.

Then it clicked in her head that she was wrong, and apologized a ton, and afterward, I made sure to shake hands with her.

Before I washed my hands, even.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Oh right, if we're talking about our experiences, I'll mention a funny one for me.

On Sunday, I was going to the bathroom in a stall before everyone showed up (Me, Ankoku, and Mikey were the first ones there, more or less), and once I finished, I left the stall to find a female employee standing there. She looked extremely surprised and almost disgusted to see me there, and she grabbed me and started taking me out of the bathroom (DIDN'T EVEN GET TO WASH MY HANDS WTF). She was telling me how I was in big trouble for being such a freak, going to the bathroom in the women's bathroom, even though I was definitely in the MEN'S bathroom. I kept telling her that, and she refused to believe me. She threatened to kick me out as well.

Once we got out of the room, I pointed her to the sign above the door, which clearly wrote MEN. She looked at it, nodded, and said "YEAH SEE? WOMEN!" I looked at it, looked at her, looked at it again, then kind of felt my head explode inside as I tried to figure out what she was thinking.

Then it clicked in her head that she was wrong, and apologized a ton, and afterward, I made sure to shake hands with her.

Before I washed my hands, even.
Yeah...that place definitely had some questionable employees. xD

Dwoobie

Smash Cadet
I really had a terrific time. It was my first tournament and a great overall experience. My largest complaint is how brawl seemed 2nd class to the other games even tho we had the most people watching and going nuts over matches (besides halo). WoW and Tekken had significantly fewer participants and barely any audience. Most of the people watching Tekken matches were smashers waiting around. Tekken got a big screen and commentators and WoW had commentators too. Smash had way more people and more hype than these two games but got no big main stage screen or commentators. Next to Halo, the brawl crowd was the my most exciting but received hardly any coverage. Brawl and the community deserves more at MLG.

one of the sickest things ive experienced and look forward to going to more (9/10)

Kel

Smash Master
Congrats on running the tournament successfully, AZ. Other than my above post, I'd just like the officials to be a little nicer/ smile every once in a while =P

Machiave

Smash Rookie
I had an awesome time in Columbus. It was my first tournament and I learned a lot, primarily that I suck at this game.
The environment was incredible, and honestly, I didn't have an issue with Smash being somewhat in the corner, because we were certainly loud enough to draw attention to ourselves. And the free hot pockets, doritos, Dr. Pepper, backpacks, and t-shirts were definitely a plus.

I agree that more stations for friendlies would be nice, but that's only part of the problem. With so few stations, it was necessary for players to actually get up once their friendlies were done in order for the players standing in line behind them to get friendlies in as well. I believe the technical term is 'sharing.'
This didn't really happen, however, and I spent far more time waiting behind the rope asking players if I could get in on the next one (while being ignored) than I did actually playing. Every now and then, the announcer would come over the speaker and remind us that both players should get up after a match, but there was nothing ever really enforced, so it never happened.

Overall, though, it was an incredible experience. I can't wait for Raleigh.

iiDEMIGODz

Smash Cadet
I really had a terrific time. It was my first tournament and a great overall experience. My largest complaint is how brawl seemed 2nd class to the other games even tho we had the most people watching and going nuts over matches (besides halo). WoW and Tekken had significantly fewer participants and barely any audience. Most of the people watching Tekken matches were smashers waiting around. Tekken got a big screen and commentators and WoW had commentators too. Smash had way more people and more hype than these two games but got no big main stage screen or commentators. Next to Halo, the brawl crowd was the my most exciting but received hardly any coverage. Brawl and the community deserves more at MLG.

one of the sickest things ive experienced and look forward to going to more (9/10)
I think a lot of the factors like commentators and stage sizes have to do with the fact that Sony and other companies cooperate with MLG, where as Nintendo just ignores them. I know that MLG would love to live stream the Smash matches, but they just don't have the rights.

By the way, who do you main? Assuming that avatar is of you, I definitely played a friendly against ya.

MetalPat

Smash Ace
Lets see, off the top of my head there was one thing that really bothered me.

Sign-ups for doubles.

I got knocked out after round two losers, before anything was mentioned for doubles, so I think to myself that sign ups must have been early sunday morning. I left to go get some food right after my match, come back about an hour later to find out doubles sign ups had started. I went to the information booth to see what the deal was and was told that all the doubles spots were already filled?!?

tl;dr it would have been nice knowing even a tentative time you planned on having doubles sign-ups.

CR4SH

Smash Lord
Stuff that made alot less sense here on the boards than it did in person.
I just want to back kel up here. I read the post and heard the same rant face to face. It made all sorts of sense in person, not so much on the boards, and I can't figure out what the difference is. I guess I can't phrase well what I mean to say, ironic really. Suffice it to say, I agree with kel.

I really had a terrific time.
Oh hey! It's the DDD guy with the sweet beard I played in brackets! Whats up dude?

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
One thing I'd like to bring up is the Infinite Grab Release on Ness and Lucas. Although Marth's version of it was banned from the tournament, Donkey Kong's is not. One of the Lucas mains in the Lucas MLG Rep Thread
@Kassandra: The marth was banned for both, though the DK wasn't.
Just my luck that I had to face Cheese who happened to know about the infinite and was willing to go DK against me.
@Proxy: First round I got a diddy, who I suck *** against, and then 2 rounds later got Cheese who went DK against me first round and infinited me and then went D3 when I CPed Delfino.

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
I'm not sure... it might be DI'able for the Mother Boys (they aren't brothers :p). But DK's is legitimate and inescapable.

Hey_its_YO

Smash Lord
MRK head quarters my house SilverSpring MD
This has been one of the greatest tournament experiences out of the four years I've been playing. The tournament itself seemed so surreal. The sponsorships and arena made this tournament seem so over the top but in a good way. I am glad to see that smash brothers once again are in the circuit after melee being dropped.

So for the actual details.

First walking into the room of the venue was astonishing. I was used to the size but the shear amount of hopefuls and pros alike was amazing. It was pretty hilarious to me that they could fit 3 tournaments and most of the sponsors in 1/3 of the venue, while Halo got the rest of the room.

I had to play Meep first round whos not only MD/VA but lives in the same city as myself. It was a disappointment to drive 9hrs to face him and not someone out of my region. I know many other players experienced this but i guess it could not be avoided.

The temperature and lack of seating could be my only issues with the entire 3 day event. As soon as i entered the venue my nipples turned into diamond cutters. But i perfectly understand that it had to be cold or else things would have over heated and the players would be sweating like pigs. For the future i would like more searting because by the end of the event it sucked to walk back and forth to different matches and events.

I had no problem with the officials or times of my matches and I thought it was all ran to perfection. Solid Jake was my Ref for eachh of my singles matches and was "solid".

Overall i think i can and will give this tournament a 10/10. Great atmosphere, players, staff and sponsors all working together to put a great tournament on for everyone. It also was fun cheering for Tekken and giving them some support for the relatively small turnout.

AZ- Did you ever find out whos phone it was i gave to you on day 2?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom