• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

You know you've played too much smash when...

Moblin

Smash Apprentice
You know you've played melee too much when you can count seeing 20 of these threads within the last couple years that you've spent on this site.

You also know you've played melee too much when the phrase "pee pee" stops being a bodily function and just reminds you of falco.

Pi

Smash Hero
you know you've played too much melee when you're the best and nobody can touch you and there are no people out there who challenge you on any continent

that is the only time you've played too much melee.

Varist

Smash Lord
you know youve played too much melee when your grandfather dies of cardiac arrest and his will says to bury him without a shirt because he wrote it when he was 22 and had awesome pecs but now theyre just saggy and he forgot to change it.

AXE 09

Smash Master
I don't understand this thread? To my knowledge, you can never play too much Melee :ohwell:

Unless you're talking about brawl. Then you know you've played too much if you've played 1 match
lol couldn't help it ^^

Jonas

Smash Champion
When you recognize Nintendo characters from Smash instead of their respective games.
I'm not talking about obscure ones like Marth or Ice Climbers or Ness, but also Mario, Pikachu, Link etc.

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
when you hear the game music in your head when the game isn't on.

alternately, if you turn off the music while playing the game and you still hear it...

:phone:

The Star King

Smash Hero
When you think of the backdash thing in Castlevania as a wavedash. I'm not the only one, right?

Also, you can cancel the lag of some weapons by doing them in the air and then landing, which reminds me of SHL.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
when you're playing and someone says "that nair was really fast" and you respond immediately with "comes out frame 3"

Veetaak

Smash Lord
You know you've played too much smash (And WoW) when... you try to remember the abomination's name in Duskwood so that you can explain a situation for your friend and you say Stitchface instead of "Stitches"

You've also played too much smash when you get it by something in Kingdom Hearts 2 and try to tech your fall but all you do is target something else and you just get it by the same guy from behind again.

These might seem specific but that's just because both happened very recently.

Thoraxe

Smash Apprentice
when you have nightmares about what's happening underneath peaches dress as she Dsmashes (i like to think it's where she stores the stitch-faces) other fighters do feel too slow without wave dashes :(

Zodiac

Smash Master
You know you've played to much melee when you automatically start looking for advanced techniques in every game you play, even rpg's

Mr.Jackpot

Smash Lord
In the very rare event that I play vBrawl, I jump and air dodge backwards trying to wavedash.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
When you start dash dancing in Tales of Symphonia on the world map.

.___.

Keblerelf

Smash Ace
You've also played too much smash when you get it by something in Kingdom Hearts 2 and try to tech your fall but all you do is target something else and you just get it by the same guy from behind again.

These might seem specific but that's just because both happened very recently.
When i played OoT I tried to tech whenever link fell.

:urg:

darkoblivion12

Smash Lord
You know you've played too much smash when your homework isn't done, the dishes need to be washed, you've put off several term papers, people are telling you your obsession is unhealthy, you forgot your meds, you're starving, and it's 4AM and you're reading up on that tech on smashboards instead of sleeping.

But god damnit, tech skill doesn't learn itself.

also when your LoL team gets pissed at you because you're playing smash in the middle of your game when you died.

SnakeMan

Smash Cadet
When you use smash lingo (like no johns, or bodied) in everyday conversation without thinking about it with friends or family that dont play melee, and their like, "What?", and you're like "nevermind".

Mr Wizzrobe

Smash Journeyman
When you use smash lingo (like no johns, or bodied) in everyday conversation without thinking about it with friends or family that dont play melee, and their like, "What?", and you're like "nevermind".

This, and when you're bored in class and you spend the entire time imagining Falcon comboes into knee, or Marth comboes into Dair.

Kanelol

Smash Lord
Your fingers convulse in a way similar to the way they would mid wavedash, except.. You're laying in bed trying to go to sleep.

Top Bottom