• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

You know you've played too much smash when...

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
When you're on Smashboards, watching the Peef livestream, while practicing tech skill.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
Oh really?

G&W vs Zelda? Mewtwo vs Roy? Samus vs Luigi? DK vs Kirby?

Krynxe

I can't pronounce it either
3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
because he definitely has no time to go and check the matchups :rolleyes:

rhan

Smash Hero
When your mom hums the Dreamland theme whenever you play on that stage.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
From that outdated match up chart or the actual match ups?
i don't need a chart. i have the concepts of the characters in my head and figure them out with my mind + personal experience + existing videos.

y'all just don't know how good i am at young link vs ness :)

also

when brawl DACUS was discovered, i would slide on wooden floors with socks and do sheik's DACUS all day. LOL.

T.J.

Smash Apprentice
When you see a crowd of clapping people you think they all just lost a game of melee at the same time.

Corigames

Smash Hero
When playing any game with a blocking mechanic, I try to powershield by waiting until the last moment to block.
Sometimes when I replay the 2D Metroids I try to spot dodge, Dair, Fsmash, etc.
Immediately try short hopping, SHFFLing, edge canceling, etc. tricks in new games.

At work, I imagine moonwalking, jumping over the counter, and kneeing someone in the back of the head more frequently than I probably should. Show your moves.
When you realize you had misunderstanding of the last 5 minutes of a conversation because the person you were talking to was referring to the movie series Final Destination.
When you realize that you are just excited about combo videos of smash as other people are of highlight reals of some sport.

007-jake

Smash Journeyman
When you're in an intense match with a friend and he pauses it to talk to his girlfriend on the phone and you hear, "sorry babe, I'm at work till 9, happy anniversary. I love you too" Then you proceed to play..

Sinji

Smash Master
NNID
Sinjis
3DS FC
0361-6602-9839
You'll attain maximum muscle memory within 20 minutes during practise sessions.

After an hour, you will feel used to the tactics you practised.

shounenkel

Smash Journeyman
You can waveshine in your sleep.
When you see someone trip and fall irl and you react and hold l/r before they hit the ground to tech.

:phone:
when you want scar to kill mufasa.
When kels' aunt died i told him he should have taught her to DI better.
I don't understand this thread? To my knowledge, you can never play too much Melee :ohwell:

Unless you're talking about brawl. Then you know you've played too much if you've played 1 match
lol couldn't help it ^^
You know you've played to much melee when you automatically start looking for advanced techniques in every game you play, even rpg's

oH GOD IM WET~ ^^

ryuu seika

Smash Master
You know you've played to much melee when you automatically start looking for advanced techniques in every game you play, even rpg's
Reverse "Rising Phoenix" hits for massive damage...

When you start dash dancing in Tales of Symphonia on the world map. .___.
Lol. I do L/R dance while walking in ToL though...

...you randomly imagine games going on in your head.
Only Diddy Kong Racing ones...
Ok, and maybe Tetris...

honestly it's just frustrating now to play games where you can't tech
like i just fall and bounce on the ground every time? nothing i can do about it? Zzz nty
Yeah, no ukemi makes some games so dull.

when you hear that LMFAO song that goes "everyday i'm shufflin" and you picture fox or falcon SHFFLing back and forth on FD
I guess my card game addiction is unhealthy...

you hear dreamlands music even whene there is nothing smash related near you
Brawl, Melee, 64 or Superstar version? I guess it doesn't matter, I hear them all...

When you find out protoman can waveland moonwalk in the ice level in megaman 10
Short or long hopping?

When you travel to another area such as a city, state, or country and the first thing you do is check out the local Smash scene.
What's the Smash scene like at Leeds Uni? Their website won't tell me, no matter how much I check it.

Who hasn't? lol
When you try to wavedash in real life.
The amazing thing is, sometimes it works...

When playing any game with a blocking mechanic, I try to powershield by waiting until the last moment to block.
Regular blocking is for wimps!

When you ask a girl if she would like to come play smash with you.
Obviously that's a social no-no. You ask men to come play smash and hope the girl gives in to peer pressure :p.

ThatsPM

Smash Rookie
When you go back to an old game you played for 4 years and don't remember what CC meant on that game and you don't want to do costume brawls, because brawl sucks!

Top Bottom