• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Yoshi Tournament Results: End of an Era, A New Beginning? *updated August 19th

D

Deleted member

I heard my boi tearbear was trollin you while you played dao.
Daoser was what he entered bracket as, hes dao.

So basically: You lost to an ok Kansas player, then you got a bye and beat a random and beat the Kansas player in a rematch, and then you lost to dao, who is good and would beat your luigi anyways.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Yeah, he was saying stuff like "Sockz wouldn't get hit from that" and "Sockz would have killed him already." XD

:069:

Yikarur

Smash Master

My second match with Fino was special because we actually did a best-of-7 set, but his two wins from winner's were already included in the score, so he only had to win twice while I had to win four times.

MLG is terrible for including that stupid rule -.- that is the most nonsense ditzy dumb foolish rule that exist oO there's no sense to use that rule and is unfair for the people who unfortunately has to fight the same opponent again. D:

Miamisportsfan45

Smash Lord
MLG is terrible for including that stupid rule -.- that is the most nonsense ditzy dumb foolish rule that exist oO there's no sense to use that rule and is unfair for the people who unfortunately has to fight the same opponent again. D:
Wow... That's so lame it's hopeless. MLG also messed up the ledgegrab rule, too.

SOVAman

Smash Hero
That rule is so legit

If you already beat someone then you certainly should be at a advantage next time you play. Makes complete sense

Yikarur

Smash Master
The Bracket is RANDOM (apart from seeding) so it's also a kind of random if you fight the same person once again, there is no reason you should get an advantage because that "rematch" occured randomly. So their is a chance to get a lot of this random "advantages" while others have to fight normally through the whole bracket.

SOVAman

Smash Hero
The Bracket is RANDOM (apart from seeding) so it's also a kind of random if you fight the same person once again, there is no reason you should get an advantage because that "rematch" occured randomly. So their is a chance to get a lot of this random "advantages" while others have to fight normally through the whole bracket.
Whether it's random or not you won the first match and if you play again you earned the advantage.

And losers bracket is for losers and is always pretty "random" so seeding doesn't make too much of a difference to who you play. If you don't want to play the same person again don't lose. And if you happen to lose and play that person again you should have an advantage because you already proved to beat him once. Just like in Grand Finals if a person comes from losers they have to win 2 sets it is pretty much the same thing. THE WINNER earned the advantage

Yikarur

Smash Master
lol..
You have to lose two times to get knocked out the bracket. That is a rule that apply to everyone with no exception. How can you compare them? oO

Every Match should have the same basic requirement! Their is no reason someone should get an advantage for randomly play the same person two times in a bracket lol

SOVAman

Smash Hero
lol..
You have to lose two times to get knocked out the bracket. That is a rule that apply to everyone with no exception. How can you compare them? oO

Every Match should have the same basic requirement! Their is no reason someone should get an advantage for randomly play the same person two times in a bracket lol
Okay well that's your opinion

I have mine this argument will obviously never ever end so you host a tourney your way I will do it my way (which is better, obviously)

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: LOOOOOL get ***** by the most epic restaurant tournament in the history of the game.

It's okay, we still respect you, Firefly.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980

Sharky

Smash Master
I got 5th out of 25 this weekend, but I egg rolled offstage both games of my losers set at last stock high %.....

I just fail.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I've done that before... >.>

Also I fixed the links on mine, hope that helps

Acton

Smash Journeyman
Sharky was mad depressed too. =s I tried to cheer him up but I fail at that.

By the way, ATTENTION ALL YOSHI MAINS! Sharky has been using metaknight a lot lately, and Cura is trying to get him to switch mains to metaknight!

We must STOP the madness! Sharky must /never/ stop maining yoshi. D=<

Get rid of that MK trash! >=0 (I don't want to deal with metaknight ;_; )

Sharky

Smash Master
lol will you came all the way over to the yoshi boards for that XD

I'm definitely not maining MK anytime in the near future, you know as well as I do that my mk sucks anyway

but when people cp me to lulzy stages trying to get lulzy mu's on me, I'm gonna punish you for it. =P

and I'm still mad depressed about that. LAST STOCK 150+% ON BOTH PEOPLE, SIDE B OFF STAGE TWO GAMES IN A ROW. who wouldn't be depressed...

Top Bottom