• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Yoshi Tournament Results: End of an Era, A New Beginning? *updated August 19th

D

Deleted member

Polt u should mention there were only 5 competative players there lawl.

YOSHssb

Smash Ace
NNID
aquilarion
Yosh is improving consistently each time. I think that if he stops being stubborn about the advice I give him and follows through, he could surpass my prime. He just needs to work on predicting and not being predictable (like being usmashed out of g&w's usmash because he spotdodged...lol), as well as some other stuff.
I'm not consciously being stubborn about your advice. I've just got my style of play and only 1 person to practice against because of where I live. All that mix-up stuff that you are trying to get me to do, Kirby doesn't fall for any of it, so it's like I try it, and it consistently doesn't work against him, so I just fall back into my old pattern and just work more on spacing and punishing. The G&W thing worked in my favor once, heh. You saw it =P It was the only time that I've beaten Zac (because I did something stupid and he didn't expect it, heh). Thanks for saying I'm improving though ^^ It really does mean a lot =)

Snipa4800

Smash Lord

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
No, there actually were 51 people at Infinite Bits. There are 3 people who placed 49th.

Besides, how would you know how Infinite Bits was? You didn't even go. :p

And thanks for clearing up Gigs for me. I'll fix it.

:069:

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: They're running away from your super disgusting username, LOOOOL!

Think about it...

...I don't think any Yoshi would be interested in something indigestible.

D

Deleted member

Jokes on him, i just digested that wad.
It was hella nasty but i did it

SharkAttack

Smash Lord
Smash Bash I
11-13-2009
8th out of 20 (Double Elimination)
Toledo, Ohio

My 2nd tournament and was fun overall. Did better than I expected. Lost to the 5th place Smasher in Round 2 and the 6th place Smasher in Round 4. Went 4-4 (W-L) on matches and 2-2 on sets. Beat an Olimar and Young Link, Lost to a Marth and Wolf.

Airborne

Smash Lord
got some results to post:

MWC-E #2: Smash-a-Mania (11/14/09)
13th out of 36
Lexington, KY
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=255534

Lost to OS First Round (because I got last seed since everyone was around my level or higher, my pool was probably the hardest one there) and then lost to Hilt, whom I got back at in a $1 Connect-4 MM. XD

UoK: Smash Makes the World Go Round (10/24/09)
17th out of 38
Lexington, KY
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=253453

Lost to Mayling and Smash64, who went snake instead of ness.

This might be the last tourny I go only Yoshi.... "Oh-Ess" (lolnamesearch) wants me to pick up a higher tier character SO BADLY that he actually sat down with me for a good 15-20 minutes working with Falco. Funny thing is, he normally charges people $3 for lifetime lessons here and there from him (because Kentucky and Ohio ****ing need it), but he straight up told me that he wouldn't charge me... o.O

Sorry guys, I ****ING LOVE Yoshi, but I'm going to at least put a hiatus on him to work with Falco. Besides, Yoshi just hasn't seemed that fun lately... =\

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Lost to Mayling and Smash64, who went snake instead of ness.
WHAT!? WHAT IS THIS MADNESS!? Smash64 got some explaining to do.

This might be the last tourny I go only Yoshi.... "Oh-Ess" (lolnamesearch) wants me to pick up a higher tier character SO BADLY that he actually sat down with me for a good 15-20 minutes working with Falco. Funny thing is, he normally charges people $3 for lifetime lessons here and there from him (because Kentucky and Ohio ****ing need it), but he straight up told me that he wouldn't charge me... o.O

Sorry guys, I ****ING LOVE Yoshi, but I'm going to at least put a hiatus on him to work with Falco. Besides, Yoshi just hasn't seemed that fun lately... =\
Air, not you too. =,[

indigestible_wad

Smash Lord
:yoshi: They're running away from your super disgusting username, LOOOOL!

Think about it...

...I don't think any Yoshi would be interested in something indigestible.
That's not really why I picked the name. I've had it for a good half decade and it's from an old cartoon show.

And I was referring to the multiple grey and purple names of people I saw that a month or two ago were still maining yoshi. So yeah, quit.

hadesblade

Smash Lord
So, I had a tourney last week, and I'm STILL waiting for forward to stop being lazy and post results ._. so yeah....

And I have another tourney next weekend.

bigman40

Smash Master

Make up your mind then. Put Yoshi on a break while you improve Falco, or keep using Yoshi and don't improve Falco.

This thread needs to be fixed up. The people that no longer main Yoshi don't need to be on the OP anymore. There's no point in saving super old *** results that don't even matter anymore. AT the very least, the inactive people should just stay on this list. Also, there's no true point in requiring people to go 100% Yoshi when we know that he can't truly win a tourney w/o a secondary. It should be at least requiring that person to go 60/70% Yoshi.

~Mieu

SOVAman

Smash Hero
I will update this at some point.....

bigmanz: whats the point I posted the old results why should I go through and take all the old results out? Think of it as like a result archive or something. And if you don't go 100% yoshi I really don't care that much but you can't use him one round and say you want your results up. That is silly

nicalobe

Smash Journeyman
Hey all, just lettin' ya know that I'm still Yoshi all the way, I just don't have the time or money to hit up a tourney every week anymore.

bigman40

Smash Master
I will update this at some point.....

bigmanz: whats the point I posted the old results why should I go through and take all the old results out? Think of it as like a result archive or something. And if you don't go 100% yoshi I really don't care that much but you can't use him one round and say you want your results up. That is silly
I never said going one round with him is sufficient. 60%/70% is enough to claim that you mainly went Yoshi through your matches. Easiest way to calculate that is by dividing the amount of matches won total by the total amount of matches won by the character. If it's lower then the numbers I said, then you haven't went mostly Yoshi.

And result archive or not, it's fairly pointless to see placings from Yoshi mains that have already quit brawl months ago or have stopped playing Yoshi altogether. If you don't want to at least make it look decent, then someone else can make a new thread.

Top Bottom