• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Yoshi Tournament Results: End of an Era, A New Beginning? *updated August 19th

Airborne

Smash Lord
Make up your mind then. Put Yoshi on a break while you improve Falco, or keep using Yoshi and don't improve Falco.

This thread needs to be fixed up. The people that no longer main Yoshi don't need to be on the OP anymore. There's no point in saving super old *** results that don't even matter anymore. AT the very least, the inactive people should just stay on this list. Also, there's no true point in requiring people to go 100% Yoshi when we know that he can't truly win a tourney w/o a secondary. It should be at least requiring that person to go 60/70% Yoshi.

~Mieu
I'mma still play yoshi quite a bit, but I need to work on my Falco; I'm positive that it will actually help my yoshi more if I work on my falco instead, because it will teach me to be more patient, instead of blindly rushing in and getting ****ed up.

auroreon

Smash Ace
I agree with Bigman that old results are no longer as relevant, although I can see the value in keeping them as an archive. So I would suggest seperating the active Yoshi players from the ex-mains/old results.

.Marik

is a social misfit
I'm going with Lil B on this one.

Archives are important, it's sort of like a historical database.

SOVAman

Smash Hero
I am not going to throw out the old results its pointless

and I am still going to keep it separated by region and not separate it by inactive or nonactive. If you don't like skimming through results to get to your results bigman or w/e reason you don't like look through old results then press ctrl+f and type your name in and it will magically skip all the other results

Sharky

Smash Master
Oneida Smash
4th/9 (rofl attendance fail)
Constantia, NY

snakeee ***** me in bracket, but I did a bit better against him in friendlies afterward, and won an epic doubles MM against him. I need ZSS practice, and practice in killing R.O.B.

Not that it really matters, but I also got second in a 4 man round robin low tier tourney.

videos to come soon

edit: whoops double post sorry

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Diasho's Random Saturday Night Tournament
Fail/30-ish

Exact numbers to come. I only didn't get last due to a Bye in loser's (lol). I blame being bracket ***** and sleep johns. >_>''

I did well in friendlies and stuff. I have one replay to get uploaded, I just need someone to do it for me since I have no decent recording device. Any takers?

Metatitan

Smash Master
Getting bracket ***** sucks and is amazing at the same time. It sucks because you pretty much got last or close to it, but it is amazing because you obviously played more top players.

Sharky

Smash Master
people were at ROM this weekend, so no rochester people showed up

edit: I'm also convinced that Yoshi is better at doubles than singles. or maybe it's just me. someone help me out here.

Metatitan

Smash Master

edit: I'm also convinced that Yoshi is better at doubles than singles. or maybe it's just me. someone help me out here.
He's bad in both, it's anyone's call. I'd like to think he's better in singles since he really has nothing to contribute to a team in doubles.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Getting bracket ***** sucks and is amazing at the same time. It sucks because you pretty much got last or close to it, but it is amazing because you obviously played more top players.
I expected a troll post. This is a pleasant surprise. :D

I disagree that Yoshi has nothing to contribute to dubs. There's one thing Yoshi is very good at. Pride used it well.

The Hades Plank

Sharky

Smash Master
Yoshi has great maneuverability, which is more important with four players on the board than with 2. There's other stuff, but this alone is enough.

edit: obviously this is a very simplistic/lacking answer, but I'll get into my detailed reasoning later.

Metatitan

Smash Master
I expected a troll post. This is a pleasant surprise. :D

I disagree that Yoshi has nothing to contribute to dubs. There's one thing Yoshi is very good at. Pride used it well.

The Hades Plank
To do that, you need to team with a char that can stock tank (snake) or has ******** priority (mk). Either way both those chars are better teaming up with each other. Yoshi doesn't wrack up damage well, he can't kill, he can stock tank decently, and he doesn't really have many doubles **** strategies. Your only advantage is that they won't know the matchup :)

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
To do that, you need to team with a char that can stock tank (snake) or has ******** priority (mk). Either way both those chars are better teaming up with each other. Yoshi doesn't wrack up damage well, he can't kill, he can stock tank decently, and he doesn't really have many doubles **** strategies. Your only advantage is that they won't know the matchup :)
Pride teamed with a MK/Wario IIRC.

I agree with most of the rest of it. Except the not knowing the MU thing. People know the MU and how Yoshi plays, at least in my region. Explains my epic fail these days. Well, that and MU johns.

Sharky

Smash Master

you're forgetting that you're comparing MK and Snake...to Yoshi. I said Yoshi in teams is better than Yoshi in singles, not snake/mk in teams. >_>

D

Deleted member

O MY GOD THOSE RESULTS...
Are so wierd.
A Dk won, Inui outplaced ADHD, some nairo guy got 4th.

What theee

PRiDE

Smash Lord
ugh i blew too delta.. almost got 2nd in teams if it wasnt for me playing like **** game 4 and 5 in losers finals.. sigh.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
I haz Sleep johns!

I also played incredibly bad at times. I SD'd once and got gimped for being dumb.

One thing I noticed was that a PS'd egg can still hit the person. Pierce PS'd one and it hit him anyways. Not sure why, maybe he dropped it too fast and the explosion got him or the explosion shield poked him. I wish I knew.

Shiri

Smash Chump

:yoshi: Oh right, I forgot about that. I guess Jesse wasn't there, then.

P.S. - While the situation is highly dependent on your partner, Yoshi isn't terrible in teams.

D

Deleted member

The thing is, yoshi is one of those characters that gets knocked around a lot, and other characters like that (rob for example) usually have something that really helps the team. Yoshi is a good staller, but i prefer having a stock tank on my team.

Shiri

Smash Chump
The thing is, yoshi is one of those characters that gets knocked around a lot, and other characters like that (rob for example) usually have something that really helps the team. Yoshi is a good staller, but i prefer having a stock tank on my team.
:yoshi: You have no idea what you're talking about.

SOVAman

Smash Hero
I am going to update this up to when the bell rings in my computer class. If I don't finish I will finish it when I get home :D

edit: I think I got it all done. Lemme know what I missed D:

Sharky

Smash Master
you missed me...again =P

along with this result from back in september that was also looked over

Syracuse Smash
Syracuse, Ny
9th/18 singles
$10 entry

SOVAman

Smash Hero
Sorry sharky <3

If you can put a date on that tourney that would be nice

date is sorta required but I will let you slid sharky ^__^

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: LOL I heard Gayku was actin out as usual at that.

Geez @ 16 people. LegendaryGames is KILLIN these WABA events, LOL.

Good stuff, though.

Top Bottom