• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Yoshi Tournament Results: End of an Era, A New Beginning? *updated August 19th

SOVAman

Smash Hero
I was in NY from Thursday til Sunday so I won't update prides results right away cuz I don't feel like it :D

Going to NY seems completely irrelevant but w/e I will update eventually

Sharky

Smash Master
I got 13th out of 30something yesterday...bleh I made key mistakes at terrible times.

last stock last game in losers I got thunder jolted with 10 seconds left, putting me behind in %. fml.

.Marik

is a social misfit
I'll be stepping my game up soon. :yoshi:

I'm going pure Yoshi, bad matchups and all. No using MetaKnight or Snake and getting ***** due to inexperience and choking.

I'm ****** with Yoshi, and that's that.

Plus, I'm getting more knowledgable as each month passes, and more tournament experience as well. I'm pretty confident, hopefully the tournament on January 9th will land me a good placing.

Also, good stuff PRiDE! Impressive results.

Sharky

Smash Master
sharky, you actually got 17th... =\ i'm sure you did well, though.

good **** everyone!
yeah I still don't get how that worked out, the person that beat/got one round further than me got 9th...meh.

also PRiDE you're awesome and all but why'd you have to teach Snakeee the yoshi match-up lol. I'm still getting mu knowledge ***** =( Not so much in teams but still =(

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Wolf is the bane of Poltergust. D:

Anyways, I attended a tournament this weekend but it was single elimination, so yeah...

:069:

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
No, I got 5th/38. Lost to Nick Riddle.

I feel sorry for Seibrik, though. He got last because he had to fight Nick Riddle in the first round. Two PRers fought in the first round. The tournament seeding really sucked.

Also, this was the first time that someone actually got mad at me for beating them. I always wondered what it was like to be hated. It was funny, yet sad at the same time. We made up later, though.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
No, I'm not talking about the "you suck" kind of hate that you always give me, Metatitan. It's more like a "screw you" hate, although he was much more profane than that. XD

Metatitan

Smash Master
1. You don't suck
that much ;o
, you're just a scrub along with most of us
2. If they cuss you out then why make amends with them? It's just some spoiled person who can't take a loss.

.Marik

is a social misfit
Went to a tournament yesterday, except attendance was really low, so it was more like a casual smashfest than an actual tournament.

I fought a beastly Link that would make Legan look bad. I played a really good Ike, and I'm starting to think it's around 55:45 Ike's favour. Possibly 60:40 although matchup ratios suck.

I played two really good Captain Falcon players, including Culex, an arguably better Falcon than Ally himself.

Me and Iliad went back and forth wrecking each other, and then he started to adapt and began reading my Yoshi and shutting my approach options down. Falcon uses Uair/Shieldgrab/Nair mixups to capitalize on Yoshi's poor defensive options. It's probably 60:40 Falcon's favour.

I had lots of fun though. However, there was this queer Zelda player who was excessively flamboyant and annoying, got me wound up. Said I had a "big mouth" and then I made him look stupid when I two-stocked him with bare combos against his Luigi. Recorded the match, shook his hand, and then he looked at me like I was dirt because my hands were sweaty. Ugh.

He got mad because I johned when my Falcon self-destructed both matches when I used him in doubles, and because I missile KO'd him with Luigi and I recorded it.

His Zelda was amazing, though. It was last-stock, high percentage both matches, even though I won them both.

Get ***** King.

Airborne

Smash Lord
Went to a tournament yesterday, except attendance was really low, so it was more like a casual smashfest than an actual tournament.

I fought a beastly Link that would make Legan look bad. I played a really good Ike, and I'm starting to think it's around 55:45 Ike's favour. Possibly 60:40 although matchup ratios suck.

I played two really good Captain Falcon players, including Culex, an arguably better Falcon than Ally himself.

Me and Iliad went back and forth wrecking each other, and then he started to adapt and began reading my Yoshi and shutting my approach options down. Falcon uses Uair/Shieldgrab/Nair mixups to capitalize on Yoshi's poor defensive options. It's probably 60:40 Falcon's favour.

I had lots of fun though. However, there was this queer Zelda player who was excessively flamboyant and annoying, got me wound up. Said I had a "big mouth" and then I made him look stupid when I two-stocked him with bare combos against his Luigi.

He got mad because I johned when my Falcon self-destructed both matches when I used him in doubles, and because I missile KO'd him with Luigi and I recorded it.

His Zelda was amazing, though. It was last-stock, high percentage both matches, even though I won them both.

Get ***** King.
you're making wayyy too many assumptions without having knowledge of both sides of the comparisons.... play both Legan and Ally, and see if you're right or not. Not saying that you're wrong, but I despise people that make assumptions..... like REALLY ****ing despise people like that.

.Marik

is a social misfit
Because you've played anyone I've mentioned as well, right?

I'm not making assumptions. I've also played Ally, and Culex has a Falcon that can compare.

Iliad has a scary Link, the playstyle is completely different, and he shows more technical skill.

He thinks Link is worse than Ganondorf, and then we started debating about that haha. He clearly shows Link isn't the worst character in the game. :yoshi:

SOVAman

Smash Hero
Marik if you loss to low tiers you suck case closed

you should be 2 stocking falcons and link i dont give to ****s if its the name searching ally or that other guy you named.

If you lose to any of these characters in tourney you suck at smash and should quit:
Yoshi
Falcon
ganon
link
puff

\marik if the biggest johner week in and week out

.Marik

is a social misfit
If Lil B had a shred of experience playing good Falcon and Link players, and the fact that he wasn't a complete troll, I might actually take him seriously! :yoshi:

SOVAman

Smash Hero
Marik every tourney you list johns about MUs and why you lost and excesses.

Just post your results and say who you lost to if you'd like no need to list your BS

.Marik

is a social misfit
No, these were just friendlies, haha.

Not enough people showed up for Singles to take place, even though I got ***** in doubles. :yoshi:

I'm not johning, they are much better players than I am and have much more experience than I do.

I stil managed to take Iliad's Link and Falcon to game five and they were all very close matches.

Next time though. I had no idea how to fight Link until a bit later.

D

Deleted member

LOL
Ok
Marik...
I do agree that falcon beats yoshi, but Culex is nothing special (hes good but hes no where near allys level of smart playing).

Stop meatriding random people who play bad characters (even though falcon is better than yoshi) because you lose to them =P

<3

.Marik

is a social misfit
LOL
Ok
Marik...
I do agree that falcon beats yoshi, but Culex is nothing special (hes good but hes no where near allys level of smart playing).

Stop meatriding random people who play bad characters (even though falcon is better than yoshi) because you lose to them =P

<3
Culex beat Ally 3-1 in a Falcon ditto moneymatch at a tournament. Bo5, and Culex won by the fourth game.

I'm not sure how much the total amount was, but it was a lot. Ally doesn't sandbag when it comes to money, I'm sure nobody does.

@Shiri: Yes, sorry.

D

Deleted member

Last one shiri =P

Dittos mean a ton marik, not tournament placings.
My bad

.Marik

is a social misfit
Last one shiri =P

Dittos mean a ton marik, not tournament placings.
My bad
And again, here's where you're wrong.

Culex beat NinjaLink in Pools at SNES and placed extremely high, around 17th or something.

He's not Ally, but he's no scrub either.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Zero Ping Monthlies (12/12/09)
3rd out of 14
Hollywood, FL
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=243283&page=107

Did much better this time; I actually came out of the tournament with a profit since I also got 2nd in doubles with Juan (remember him?).

Lost to Nick Riddle in the winner's bracket and Galeon in loser's finals, but it was still a lot of fun. ^_^

SOVAman

Smash Hero
Dayum polt 14 people that is huge

I would be surprised if pound 4 got more than 14 people

LOL good stuff though making like 20 bucks

<3

D

Deleted member

Dayum polt 14 people that is huge

I would be surprised if pound 4 got more than 14 people

LOL good stuff though making like 20 bucks

<3
Will you marry me?
Im serious, ill move.
Gay marriage is legal in MA, we can go there.

Good stuff losing to a lucas polt.

Top Bottom