• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Yoshi Tournament Results: End of an Era, A New Beginning? *updated August 19th

hadesblade

Smash Lord
Are there even 3 yoshi players going?

Edit: kinda old, but within a month. And sense I posted here anyway...

Devestation
6/19-21/09
9th out of 70 something (lol we had to use 128 man bracket, almost everybody got byes for first round...)
Phoenix Convention Center, South Building
100 North 3rd Street Phoenix, Arizona 85004 USA
http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=4697

All I got for now... but maybe I'll have a little credibility now...

Edit#2: $45 venue fee(omg T_T), $10 for each tourney we entered, $1400/400/200 prize.

auroreon

Smash Ace
Are there even 3 yoshi players going?

Edit: kinda old, but within a month. And sense I posted here anyway...

Devestation
6/19-21/09
9th out of 70 something (lol we had to use 128 man bracket, almost everybody got byes for first round...)
Phoenix Convention Center, South Building
100 North 3rd Street Phoenix, Arizona 85004 USA
http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=4697

All I got for now... but maybe I'll have a little credibility now...

Edit#2: $45 venue fee(omg T_T), $10 for each tourney we entered, $1400/400/200 prize.
Holy ****!
Who attended this?
.... Man, living in europe sucks so bad.

EDIT: How the hell did they manage to get all those people to pay such a rediculess venue fee!?

TreK

Is "that guy"
Europe is good, stop lying already :V
But yeah we don't have any tourney =/
If only we didn't have to learn a new language at every OoS tourney lmao

Are you going to TSL4 Auroreon ? Cus... I'm not T_T

hadesblade

Smash Lord
Holy ****!
Who attended this?
.... Man, living in europe sucks so bad.

EDIT: How the hell did they manage to get all those people to pay such a rediculess venue fee!?
AZ doesn't get many tourneys. People see a tourney, They'll spend that money. Also they had a lot of stuff besides brawl going on. They were giving out $2000 for 5 games, so that probably helped getting people to attend. m2k, dsf, and sk92(with 4 other good people from LA) all flew in. They also had a whole lot of extra stuff on the venue, like classic game consoles, and arcade games for you to play when you weren't needed for a tourney. It was 3 days long.

Oh just realized the never actually posted results in that tourney thread. Heres a better link.
http://allisbrawl.com/blogpost.aspx?id=24409

And wow AT $100 mm O_o

auroreon

Smash Ace
Europe is good, stop lying already :V
But yeah we don't have any tourney =/
If only we didn't have to learn a new language at every OoS tourney lmao

Are you going to TSL4 Auroreon ? Cus... I'm not T_T
Europe is ok, we just don't get as many tourneys.
Yea I'm gonna be at TSL, shame u can't make it =(

$100 MM, thats hardcore lil_b, nice XD

Wish we had crazy tournaments like that over here, that must have been awesome hadesblade, well done on the placing.

hadesblade

Smash Lord
Arizona doesn't get many tourneys either, and being 14 I don't get to travel oos... their hasn't even been anything (smashfest/tourney) in the past 2 weeks T_T

TreK

Is "that guy"
Been a while since I've actually placed well.

Yasumicon @ FIU
7-11-09
7th out of 61
Miami, FL
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=241015

The actual con was fun, too. It's so weird seeing cosplay in real life for the first time...

Also... $100 MM!? That's insane, lil b! Even for you. o_O

:069:
Last week I went to a tourney at an anime convention, it was a come and attend formula, no pre registeration. I showed at 11am and it was already too late.
I hate cosplay nao D=
GGs on your placing tho

Metatitan

Smash Master
I did enter genesis but i drowned in pools. IDC really, I couldn't have finished the tourny or even done a round of cuz I had to leave to go see UC santa cruize (which was gorgeous btw). The peach mains liked my peach and I think bwett liked my yoshi but we'll see what he has to say.

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
Ok CALM down guys LOL. I went Bowser ONE match the entire day, and I did it because Bowser is my best chance against Snake usually. I did go Yoshi several times in pools (against a meta and two kirbies) and even in the bracket, I won a match with Yoshi against Excel Zero (another Peach). Snake is the ONE character I'd never pick Yoshi against, I don't like that matchup, especially when the snake likely has tons of the best Yoshi exp in Bwett. Haha. I went about 75% Peach and 23% Yoshi at genesis. 1% Ness and 1% Bowser LOL.

bigman40

Smash Master
Ok CALM down guys LOL. I went Bowser ONE match the entire day, and I did it because Bowser is my best chance against Snake usually. I did go Yoshi several times in pools (against a meta and two kirbies) and even in the bracket, I won a match with Yoshi against Excel Zero (another Peach). Snake is the ONE character I'd never pick Yoshi against, I don't like that matchup, especially when the snake likely has tons of the best Yoshi exp in Bwett. Haha. I went about 75% Peach and 23% Yoshi at genesis. 1% Ness and 1% Bowser LOL.
Heh. The drama, you can never get away from it Edrees =P

Metatitan

Smash Master
The peach boards have actually been very mellow. The drama is usually started by Dark. We love Sky and Niko but he HATES them, and that's where the drama starts.

.Marik

is a social misfit
Jesus Christ Genesis had some tough competition.

Dark Pch. is always starting drama lol.

Top Bottom