• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Yoshi Tournament Results: End of an Era, A New Beginning? *updated August 19th

.Marik

is a social misfit
Marik i was joking.
I have no idea what the answer is, i dont even understand ur question.
Stop flipping out.
sorry
My bad, it was stupid of me to say that. I apologize.

See, lets say there are 100 people in a Tournament.

Sometimes, people would post their results saying... 4th/100.

100-50th are Pools, who cares about that.

But, since Brackets is ranked in sets, (whoever's knocked out of one round lets say, would be 48th, and there are seven people. So, whoever is knocked out of the next round, would be 41st, and lets say again there are seven people)

So, it continues on, seven people getting knocked out every single round.

So...

1.) Would you rank it 4th/100... or

2.) 4th/ out of how many people placed in Brackets consecitively?

1. L-Cancel
2. Mr. Bigman
3. lolcats
4. MarikYoshi
5. :[

And so on. So, would you rank it out of groups of seven, or as each person individually? I'm thinking one way might be more impressive, but I suppose it all depends on the order the TO uses.

Sorry if this is confusing, it's just a question that popped up when I saw Bwett's placings, and I was just curious if anybody was wondering the same thing. :dizzy:

.Marik

is a social misfit
Yeah, I don't know how to say it...

See, you know how you have multiple entrants ranked the same because of Brackets? Would that disrupt the total, most simplistic manner of ranking participants?

So, instead of having it 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12, and so on, the TO's might multiply 7 until you hit 50. So, 7+7=14, and then add 7 on top of that, until you hit 50.

So instead of the actual ranking, it's grouped into 7, reaching 50th much quicker.

If people don't understand, I'm just going to shut up. :urg:

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
R@vyn's PnT Tournament (Ft. Lauderdale, FL)
9th out of 22
6/13/09
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=220955&page=84

Some notes:

• I got 2nd with ESAM, a Pikachu player, in doubles (I got $26). We actually won the winner's bracket but the guys we sent to the loser's finals came back and won. I believe Pikachu makes a great partner.
  • I was so close to beating Seibrik in a tournament match. I'm getting closer and closer. :laugh:
  • Oh, just to clarify I won against Lee, then lost to Seibrik, then lost to Nick Riddle. I got a bye in the first round which is why I didn't place lower. Which is weird because tio hates me and never gives me byes. :laugh:
  • This tournament went much better than the tournaments in the previous weeks, and I didn't even touch Brawl all week. I think I'm done with Wi-Fi.

auroreon

Smash Ace
Yeah, I don't know how to say it...

See, you know how you have multiple entrants ranked the same because of Brackets? Would that disrupt the total, most simplistic manner of ranking participants?

So, instead of having it 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12, and so on, the TO's might multiply 7 until you hit 50. So, 7+7=14, and then add 7 on top of that, until you hit 50.

So instead of the actual ranking, it's grouped into 7, reaching 50th much quicker.

If people don't understand, I'm just going to shut up. :urg:

I'm pretty sure I understand what you are saying, the answer is that the TOTAL number of entrants is taken. In your example, it would be 4/100, not 4/the lowest ranking.
It is always out of the total number of players that actually participated in the tourney.

Airborne

Smash Lord
well, since acey is being fat and lazy <3, i'll go ahead and tell ya'll how he ***** at Mass Madness:

raperaperaperape 5th out of 45+ people, scrubs not included in this tourny set box. he knocked dazwa to loser's; 'nuff said.

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: I always get gayed out of my OoS plans.

I think I'll put forth an official proposal to have all tournaments ever hosted right outside my apartment so I won't ever miss any of them.

auroreon

Smash Ace
Good Luck Airborne, make us proud. =)
And remember, if you lose it was because you had a very breath heart attack. =P

Metatitan

Smash Master
Can somebody record his matches? I have a tourny today as well. I don't expect to do well but every tourny makes me a little bit better so IDC whether I get 5th or last :)

Airborne

Smash Lord
ok so i actually made it out of pools in my first ever hardcore OoS Tournament.
got ***** in brackets b/c i faced people i didn't want to face.
only "pro" i guess you could say that i faced was capem, which is surprisingly the best i did against any metaknight main today. i did face rofa also, but he;s not at capem's level of course. rofa also told me that he was being bugged about where airborne was and how he was doing in the tournament... sure he was the only yosh, but why track a trashy player? =P
well anyway, most of my pools matches were recorded by the keist, so they'll be up on youtube....
and funny story, i apparently got a good spike on capem on FD (which i took him down to 1-stock on! XD) but still do not recall doing it.... o.O

i'll post the results on this post when i find out, but all the kentucky players did pretty bad this time around. =\ i'm going to get hardcore better though, i'm warning ya'll! =D

edit: i'm not sure if the results will actually be good enough to post, but they could be....

bigman40

Smash Master
So yeah....Just got back from my tourney, and I'm fairly pissed. I fight the same guy in second round that ALWAYS puts me out of ****ING WINNERS! So, now I go and try to bracket **** through losers. I went for 6 straight matches, and then lost to an MK player (Desu). I was soo ****ing tired that I couldn't care about that match at all. All that work, and I take ****ing 9th of about 35 people. I went Pika about 3 times (Won 2 times with him). He's making some progess for me at least...

/rant

Metatitan

Smash Master
I went peach quite a lot but overall I went 70% yoshi. I went all yoshi aside from a wolf main (since I'm confident bwett is right about the matchup, I played friendlies with the guy after and got ***** as yoshi when my peach ***** him in tourny). I also went peach against the person who won because he used snake but only for two matches. I went the other two with yoshi. Then against Bigfoot I went one match as yoshi, found out my game was really off and decided to go peach instead. But still, I prefer peach vs DK rather than yoshi vs DK (I still lost but peach did better than yoshi).

SOVAman

Smash Hero
I did pretty good in doubles at my tourney

lost to azen and chillin then G-reg and meep so we only lost to the best teams we got like 7th I think out of like 25.

I didn't want to enter singles because singles are boring but people told me too so I did. It didn't start til like 11:30 so I just wanted to go home and didn't give a **** about singles lost to a peach and snake player I got like 25th out of 44

auroreon

Smash Ace
You seem to do really well in doubles lil_b. I can't play Yoshi in doubles at all, I think a vastly different appraoch is required in doubles for Yoshi. My Yoshi just isn't set up to work with a partner.

SOVAman

Smash Hero
You seem to do really well in doubles lil_b. I can't play Yoshi in doubles at all, I think a vastly different appraoch is required in doubles for Yoshi. My Yoshi just isn't set up to work with a partner.
Too play him in dubz its all about team work with a good player. You need to team with some that understand yoshi and knows his whole game. I actually taught my teammate everything i know about Yoshi and it helps a lot. He knows when to help me recover when I run out of jumps. I taught him how far every characters air release goes and he knows how to punish it. He uses wario so he can punish the release with an Uair or a fart which is free KOs. Its is just all about chemistry and knowing how to work with your teammate.

We actually got the craziest 2 on 1 kill ever. His Wario had him in a bite at the edge of the stage he released him and I jump over him and Fair spiked the opponent no vid though :(

Top Bottom