• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Yoshi Tournament Results: End of an Era, A New Beginning? *updated August 19th

Airborne

Smash Lord
ok well, this tournament was a rather interesting experience......
didn't place well, as usual, of course, it being due to falling short.....
took OS to last hit one game, took Nope to almost last hit one game, took YbM to last hit one game, took capem to last hit in every single game we played (like 7 of them)..... i had fun....

ill post results when i get them..... i was like 17th or 25th out of 37.... =\

SOVAman

Smash Hero

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
Ally may be in the US now, but everybody knows he's a Canadian at heart. ^.^

Our region may not be that great, but we do have an Albertan who made it out of pools to the singles bracket at Genesis. Not THAT impressive, but we've got some decent talent over here in Western Canada. We've got great character diversity, but a strange abscence of Meta-knights. o.0

Thanks for the support you guys. ^.^ My next goal is to crack the top 3. I'm going for the money the next chance I get.

:005:

D

Deleted member

Hey firefly, my city had like 7 people who made it out of pools at genesis, and one who got
13th place.
Get at me.

D

Deleted member

<3
lol.
Ima try and go to some european tournament while im here XD

bigman40

Smash Master
I pretty much won't be posting my results here since I'll be playing Pikachu much more often (I'm actually switching mains for a while so I can get him better). Going 90% - 100% Yoshi isn't fun to me all the time anymore.

SOVAman

Smash Hero
I pretty much won't be posting my results here since I'll be playing Pikachu much more often (I'm actually switching mains for a while so I can get him better). Going 90% - 100% Yoshi isn't fun to me all the time anymore.
Thats cool

Good luck with pika

D

Deleted member

Your in europe!?
Whereabouts? Theres a big tourney I'm going to in France august 7th-9th.
Yea i cant go to that i saw.
Im going to a smashfest in Spain today but thats all the smash i can do while im here =(
O well. Good luck.

SOVAman

Smash Hero
I played and placed horrible on Saturday

I guess if you don't practice with Yoshi all week and you use other characters to practice you don't do well

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
Sou Kawaii 3 (8/01/09)
5th of 16
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=243428

My first truly disappointing result. ]'= I came SOOO CLOSE to placing in the money in singles this time, but I choked really badly in Winner's Semi-finals. I almost got away with a 2-0 victory there, but I got hasty and made some really bad decisions that cost me the set, most notably, a nail-biter of a second match in which I did a useless down B that demanded to be answered with an Fsmash to the face. We were both at ~150% on our last stock. V.V The third match confirmed that I really need to find a good counterpick on Marth.

The attendance looks a lot smaller than at my other tourneys, but most of the top players around here still showed, so the competition for the top spots was the same as always.

:005:

NinjaFoxX

Banned via Warnings
i got 13/25
*results when i find them*

immediate send to losers by Z-.- i hate Ike soooooooooo much(dont ask why he was using Ike instead of Pika, idc i woulda been screwed either way)
fought some Rob in losers, won and continued to where i lost to a snake in 2 really close matches(i saw the mine, and i just walked onto it and sheilded and it broke T.T) i know i coulda beaten that Snake, and i woulda had 9th xD

Frown

poekmon
Make sure to play Yoshi one or two times per tourney in case you should place 8th or higher. =D

D

Deleted member

Just so you guys know, a european yoshi named Zudenka (apperantly hes really good), got
5th at Super LION, an international european tournament.
He must be pretty good.

Bwett

Smash Ace
I checked out some matches of him on youtube...he's not that good. He plays a pretty unsafe and gimmicky style. However, he does have an interesting follow-up to egglay that I might steal, despite the risk involved with it lol.

Bwett

Smash Ace
He did egglay, followed with a full hop uair while the character was in egg (risky part), then while he was still in the air and the opponent popped out, he DJC egglayed towards the character. Super risky but super flashy. I'd do it in friendlies, but never tourney lol

D

Deleted member

**** hes good.
Check those out bwett hes much better in tourny.

He's even better with egg lay than me O_o

Top Bottom