• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Yoshi Tournament Results: End of an Era, A New Beginning? *updated August 19th

SharkAttack

Smash Lord
BASHCon XXIV
15th or 16th out of 31
Toledo, Ohio

This was my first tournament. I got to the 2nd round and lost to a R.O.B. Overall I did what I expected and am not disappointed. I'm not really sure how the seeding went in the aspect of brackets. All I know is I got to the 2nd round. I'm not sure when my next tournament will be but I hope I can improve with Yoshi by then.

.Marik

is a social misfit
I went to my first Tournament on Saturday, and I didn't make it out of pools, unfortunately. =(

But... everyone thought my Yoshi was amazing, and that I would've gotten farther if it wasn't for my really gay pools matches. D:

My Yoshi really impressed people. So that's a good thing, just got to keep at it, and hope I place better next time. :yoshi:

nicalobe

Smash Journeyman
Alright Airborne, I pulled myself out of the Columbus tournament for the reason being most of the people going are people I play a lot and I want some new competition. Also, I really want some Yoshi dittos :). If you can, give me an exact location of wherever this thing is and unless something crazily unfortunate happens I should be able to make it.

Airborne

Smash Lord
Alright Airborne, I pulled myself out of the Columbus tournament for the reason being most of the people going are people I play a lot and I want some new competition. Also, I really want some Yoshi dittos :). If you can, give me an exact location of wherever this thing is and unless something crazily unfortunate happens I should be able to make it.
omg! i'm so sorry dude! i didn't notice that til just now.... which is 2 1/2 hours before the doubles signup.... T-T if you can still get a ride though, i have the link right here: http://allisbrawl.com/forum/topic.aspx?id=63866&page=1

directions are on this page: http://allisbrawl.com/forum/topic.aspx?id=63866&page=10
just scroll down to find them.

and if you can come, thatd be awesome.... but i probably gave this info to you too late... T-T

but yeah, good luck to shiri and mah lil' bro at Mass Madness! Rep!!! ^.^

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: Funny story.

I'm still here.

<-- is kinda sad that he didn't get to go.

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: DUBBLE BUBBLE POST

FURBZ FOR THE WIN ON THIS EFFING LIVE STREAM YO

GET AT THIS MAN

Airborne

Smash Lord
so yeah i'm back from the uk tourny.... i got to the 5th round out of like 60 people, but all the best people in ky and one of the god kais have respect for my yosh now ^.^

results will be up soon hopefully so ill tell ya'll what i got =P

as for doubles, exiled and i got *****.... our yoshi lucas team didn't work out so well because we've never played doubles... XD

EDIT!!!: i got 13th out of 60 at mah tourny
and mah lil bro (Green Ace) got 9th out of 107. WHOO!

Chaco

Never Logs In
Good stuff. I wish I would've been at that tourney Airborne. :/ I could've played double with you. XP

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
I feel like I am falling behind all you Yoshis. I won my first match but then lost my next two. Thing is every person I lose to in every tournament winds up top 10, so I don't know if that is necessarily a bad thing. This tourny was a 61 man tourny btw.

Even though I may not place high though, I am getting some good recognition for my Yoshi, by some of the best players in Florida.

Oh and I got 9th in doubles but that really doesn't matter in a thread like this (or that is what it seems like).

Airborne

Smash Lord
I feel like I am falling behind all you Yoshis. I won my first match but then lost my next two. Thing is every person I lose to in every tournament winds up top 10, so I don't know if that is necessarily a bad thing. This tourny was a 61 man tourny btw.

Even though I may not place high though, I am getting some good recognition for my Yoshi, by some of the best players in Florida.

Oh and I got 9th in doubles but that really doesn't matter in a thread like this (or that is what it seems like).
it's alright, dude... the only people getting at least top 10 are ace and bwett...
ill post the results in the right format soon, even though it's probably useless to... seeing as that MK was banned.... but there probably would've only been a few there.... XD

bigman40

Smash Master

tch. Better than me. At least you got tourneys to go almost regularly....

D

Deleted member

it's alright, dude... the only people getting at least top 10 are ace and bwett AND BURNTSOCKS...
ill post the results in the right format soon, even though it's probably useless to... seeing as that MK was banned.... but there probably would've only been a few there.... XD
Dont be forgeting me ***** :p

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
tch. Better than me. At least you got tourneys to go almost regularly....
After Sockz memorable post about stepping it up, I have to do what I have to make as many tournies as I can. Especially since I have to hide it from my Dad but I don't care

Sorry to hear that you don't have tournies to go to. I look up to you and all the other yoshis here because I'm kinda new

bigman40

Smash Master
After Sockz memorable post about stepping it up, I have to do what I have to make as many tournies as I can. Especially since I have to hide it from my Dad but I don't care

Sorry to hear that you don't have tournies to go to. I look up to you and all the other yoshis here because I'm kinda new
yeah....it's cool.....It's just unlucky for me to have soo much BS to get through before I can go to a tourney....Maybe it'll look a little better for me later in the year.

nicalobe

Smash Journeyman
I think it's a great rule Airborne. Sure, we have ECE, but I still never come even close to 70 ledge grabs. I can't tell you how many times I've seen MKs just sit on a ledge and spam uair off it. The last tournament I was at I fought a MK who got a stock up on me and just sat on the ledge doing that. I couldn't just leave him there because he was a stock up on me, and I couldn't hit him with eggs because of his invincibility frames, so I tried to dtilt him, but his sword had better range and knocked me away. When I called him out on stalling, he said he was just defending since I was attacking him. When he did it while I wasn't attacking, he said he was just getting into a better position. This 70 ledge grab rule (which I think should be lowered to 60 or even 50) is a great way to decide if someone was actually stalling or not.

On nice job on your tournament.

SOVAman

Smash Hero
I got 3rd in doubles yesturday so I got $32 btw if anyone is curious I teamed with a Wario I will upload the vids. I didn't enter singles to lazy

.Marik

is a social misfit
Good job placing 3rd in Doubles, lil-b.

Keep repping Yoshi well. :yoshi:

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: Ledge grab rule does not impair Yoshi. It doesn't impair anyone.

70 grabs in a match is much more than should naturally be possible, so it doesn't hinder our recovery/edgecamp game.

D

Deleted member

Ive gained a reputation as the yoshi planker x_x
i love the ledge.

I got 9th/37 today, took nyjin, one of the best falcos on the west coast to last hit 3rd game, beat AC, fenix and fierce, all very good players.
Im improving rapidly, soon ill be the best yoshi in da US :p

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: Good stuff, dude. Madd people pulling top ten. This is good, this is very good.

Airborne

Smash Lord
ok here comes my traveling issues once again....
lexington doesn't have any scheduled tournaments for the next month, but there is one on the 21st in Morehead.... 1 hr car distance.... parents denied me last time... >.< i think i'll try to convince again, since i'll hopefully be getting a car and license this month anyways, and my sparring partner CAN go......
maybe i can see if chaco and nicalobe can go to this.... o.O

nicalobe

Smash Journeyman
I actually have a friend who is going to that college in Morehead. High possibilty that I can do this one. Post a link to the tournament thread if you can please.

Edit: Wait nevermind, my springbreak starts that week, I'll be in Florida.

.Marik

is a social misfit
Man, I didn't make it out of pools at my first Tournament, as I said before, due to really hard ****ing matchups.

I have one on March 15-16th I plan on going to, maybe now I can get fairly easier opponents to face.

Because in friendlies, I ***** over half of the people there. But couldn't **** the people I was facing in pools. :(

I hope I do good at Prepare Yourself. :yoshi:

SOVAman

Smash Hero
Ive gained a reputation as the yoshi planker x_x
i love the ledge.

I got 9th/37 today, took nyjin, one of the best falcos on the west coast to last hit 3rd game, beat AC, fenix and fierce, all very good players.
Im improving rapidly, soon ill be the best yoshi in da US :p
Okay so maybe you will be the best in singles but I in honor of the original CBR team name will be numba 1 in teams get at me.

SOVAman

Smash Hero
I thought "we were stepping out **** up" but I guess we need to do a better job

I can't go to the tourney this Satrday cuz its my moms birthday but I am going to one on the 21st. I might not enter singles and only play doubles and friendlies. I am just getting bored of singles cuz doubles is way more fun.

.Marik

is a social misfit
I almost placed... Yoshi just has too many bad matchups...

*Sigh*...

D

Deleted member

I went to subway 2 days ago after a tourny and i tried my first CBR...

IT WAS AMAZING! Best thing ever. I cant believe i had never tried it before.

@Marikyoshi:
If you cant overcome yoshi's bad matchups, play a different character. Ive beaten/ gotten close to beating very high level players of bad matchups for yoshi. Yoshi is only limited by the player(and all the characters that beat him :pPP)

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922

Silent Beast

Smash Journeyman
Nice placing, Poltergust.

I went to subway 2 days ago after a tourny and i tried my first CBR...

IT WAS AMAZING! Best thing ever. I cant believe i had never tried it before.
Yes. I went to my first tourney a couple weekends ago, and had the Official Food of the Yoshi for lunch. I was a little worried at first, since I've never really liked ranch (based off of my dislike for Cooler Ranch Doritos), but it was awesome (with lettuce, tomato, and hot peppers). Though I lost both of my sets, I did take a game in each of them (which I was content with, for my first tourney), including a JV 3 stock of a DDD, which I credit to the power of the CBR.

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
I have new results! =D

Sorry for not posting more often here. Things are getting... complicated nowadays. @_@

POLT
"Bound by Pride" at M!Xcoatl's House
5th out of 40 entrants
Naples, FL
Brackets: http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m199/1988Azteca18/SinglesBracket.gif?t=1237097886

Unfortunately, this can't be entered into the Yoshi Power Rankings due to me using Zelda a couple of times. Still a good overall placing, though.
Great job, Poltergust. Getting 5th in a field like that was really something.

I have to get 5th now at Florida Gaming this week to keep up with you. I can't let you be the only good Yoshi in FL :chuckle:.

Top Bottom