• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Yoshi Tournament Results: End of an Era, A New Beginning? *updated August 19th

SOVAman

Smash Hero
Lilb, i beat mogx, the best kirby on the west coast, in tournament. Just out gay him.
I always win the first match and **** up my spam the next two matches idk why I guess nerve or something usually I do not even get nervous I am very off lately too

ah lame, i saw bwett post low tier results for hobo 13 so i figured why not?

although heres the results from the tournament in Louisiana i went to yesterday.

New Orleans monthly #3 (2/1/09)
9th out of 27
New Orleans, LA

man I could have had 5th, I lost to pierres lucas (Although he did beat sudais rob) they were GG's though and all were close. great tournament though, I came back from a 3 stock against a wolf player which was awesome! (lol i SD'd at 0 on norfair)

lol Louisiana win that **** furbs jk w/e

Also as a personal favor for when this goes on the yoshi PR can you put my name as

Furbs!

please?

No you are not special lol I do not do request

Chaco

Never Logs In
So...I think I'm going to CoT4. Pride, I'm assuming you will be there and I want to play friendlies with you and have those recorded =P
Just an idea..but why don't you to play doubles together for one tournament...?

Furbs

Smash Journeyman
I would have gone to CoT4

if i didn't have rehearsals this weekend :(

Being an actor sucks :(

D

Deleted member

Chula Vista XXIV (2/3)
7 out of 23(i think it was 23)
Chula Vista, California
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=148906

Im just getting out of my slump, but im pretty happy with my result. Its not the greatest, but i lost to people better than me(i took hall, the best snake in the region, to last stock 197 damage in 3rd game before choking), and beat some good people.

I didnt get any byes tho =(

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: I know how it feels dude, but I'm glad you're happy about your placement.

SOCKZ HOLDING IT DOWN

LEARN ABOUT HIM

D

Deleted member

I used to get 2 stocked by hall, then i would only get 1 stocked, now im taking him to last hit and gettin closer than most people do.

Im pretty pleased.
IM BRINGING IT BACK! TOP 5 NEXT WEEK BABY!

SOVAman

Smash Hero
I assume the right format is:

[tournament name], ([mm], [dd], [yyyy])
[finish position] out of [entrants]
[city], [state], [country if not US]
[results page]

If so, here:

Queensland Summer Smash, (02, 08, 2009)
17th out of 27.
Logan, Queensland, Australia.
http://www.smashboards.com/showthrea...99#post6584099
Thanks you good sir
Chula Vista XXIV (2/3)
7 out of 23(i think it was 23)
Chula Vista, California
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=148906

Im just getting out of my slump, but im pretty happy with my result. Its not the greatest, but i lost to people better than me(i took hall, the best snake in the region, to last stock 197 damage in 3rd game before choking), and beat some good people.

I didnt get any byes tho =(
good to here

PBT 9 (1/31/09)
9th out of 34
Flower Mound, TX
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=219219&highlight=bwett

PBT 10 (2/7/09)
9th out of 34
Flower Mound, TX
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=220379

I've been lazy, sorry lol
lol at not posting these till now but thanks and good job

SOVAman

Smash Hero
"UPDATED" but where am I at I have to start using yoshi all tourney and stepping it up my yoshi results are lacking I am going to step it up.

Sharky

Smash Master
any yoshi's within housing distance of Genesis? lol, worth asking, I don't wanna pay $100 a night for a hotel and I'm thinking of going. >.<

D

Deleted member

any yoshi's within housing distance of Genesis? lol, worth asking, I don't wanna pay $100 a night for a hotel and I'm thinking of going. >.<
Uhh theres no norcal yoshi mains that i know of, but sean plays a mean yoshi and he lives up there(he mains meta tho).

Id just go to the genesis thread and ask for housing.

.Marik

is a social misfit
Yeah. Got a Tournament next week. My first one, I might add.

I need to get my **** together, real talk. >>

Chaco

Never Logs In
I'm still waiting on my friend to get a date. There might be one or two names there. A really good Lucario to note, boy do I love them. </3 Lucario, but Infi-tan is really cool.

SharkAttack

Smash Lord
I'll be attending a tourney in Toledo, Ohio this Sunday. Nothing big though for only 7 people are pre-registered so far. It'll be my first one. I hope to place good but I don't expect to go far. I've still got alot to learn with Yoshi so I hope I can take alot out of this tournament. The best place to start is small.

Airborne

Smash Lord
8 days until this tourny.... some big people from Cincinnati will be there.... some good ike named infern, some good kirby, some guy named smash 64(?maybe?), OS (as usual...lolz...).... then rowan, kentucky's peach, calic, a good pika, xisin, one of the only good marths in the midwest, tactical, good lucario..... and i can go on!!! i need some practice, but there's no one to play with irl..... T-T what should i do?!?!

nicalobe

Smash Journeyman
Airborne, People from Cincy? Where is this tourney? I might be able to make it.

Metatitan

Smash Master
im going to a tourny tomorrow =D.... but its melee xD

its the first convenient tournament ive seen near me that i can actually go to, sry guys ill try and hit brawl tournies if i can find any

nicalobe

Smash Journeyman
I just got back from my tourney in Athens, man there are good people out there. I never got to play Infern, but I was watchin his Ike and it is phenomenal. I played Xisin's Marth first round after pools and he completely ***** me, so if anyone has ideas to fight a Marth, please please share them. Smash 64 and OS were there, but I didn't play or watch them. I'm not sure which place I ended up, once the results get posted I'll post in the tourney results thread.

Airborne

Smash Lord
Just got back from a tournament in Kansas

NO KOAST v1 (2/21/09)
7th out of 87
Wichita, Kansas

Get wrecked, son!
lolz nice dude...
Love's Last Stand(2/21/09)
17th out of 49 (32 bracket, 17 players eliminated during pools play)
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=222625

Was hoping for better, but I guess it could have gone worse.
nice nicalobe.... that tourny on saturday at uk is going to have xisin, mr. eric, maybe os, ybm, infern, smash 64..... yeah, so be ready... that is, if you can go >.>

nicalobe

Smash Journeyman
Airborne, I definatly want to make it, if not for anything else than to be near another Yoshi main. The problem is it is 2 and a half hours from where I'm at... If I hadn't just gotten back from this past tournament, a 2 hour drive in itself, I'd be 100%. Don't count me out yet, but it's not looking too good.

Bwett, mass props to your tourney placement.

Edit: Just found a tourney in Columbus which is much MUCH closer (and there's no Xisin to **** me :chuckle:) Sorry Airborne, hopefully we can meet sometime in the future.

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
I, D-Torr, have failed you guys yet again as I have done poorly. I went 0-2 in the tourny I went to yesterday. The players I lost to finished 9th and 4th respectively, but that still, 0-2 is not good.

Next week, I hope to do better.

Airborne

Smash Lord
Airborne, I definatly want to make it, if not for anything else than to be near another Yoshi main. The problem is it is 2 and a half hours from where I'm at... If I hadn't just gotten back from this past tournament, a 2 hour drive in itself, I'd be 100%. Don't count me out yet, but it's not looking too good.

Bwett, mass props to your tourney placement.

Edit: Just found a tourney in Columbus which is much MUCH closer (and there's no Xisin to **** me :chuckle:) Sorry Airborne, hopefully we can meet sometime in the future.
aww... =( guess ill have to be the only GOOD yoshi there then.... T-T
edit: good refers to my areas suckiness XD

Top Bottom