• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Yoshi Tournament Results: End of an Era, A New Beginning? *updated August 19th

D

Deleted member

I failed it up. Read a page or 2 back.

Its all good tho, im gettin much better, i can handle falco and kirby which were the only two matchups that were really bad for me, and i beat the best kirby on the west coast and got my revenge >:D

ArowYoshi

Smash Apprentice
Appalachian State University/ West Jefferson, NC
thanks to everyone who helped me. ill try my best against him, it'll certainly be a fun match thats for sure.

i know ill play one due to the little picture in the corner of your profile name, i know people play characters other than thier profile pic but like i said, i like to be prepared. so thanks again chaco, shiri, and airborne.

chimpact

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0361-7166-1377
I might as well just get this out of the way

Yoshididdy (Ydidy)
1st place out of 9000
Clash of the Titans 4
Philadelphia, PA

XD I wish...

SOVAman

Smash Hero
Or it doesn't mean anything at all and it is just the usual drought that this thread goes through once and awhile.

Also bigman your avatar is too goodz

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
Going to a tourny this saturday, also going strictly Yoshi. I usually go both Yoshi and Diddy at tournies but after Sockz "Step It Up" thread, I must go only Yoshi for this.

Furbs

Smash Journeyman
Lowbo (1/31/09)
2nd out of 24
Houston Tx

bam! theres a result for you!

Also I'm driving to a tournament in louisiana tomorrow wish me luck! :)

D

Deleted member

Lowbo (1/31/09)
2nd out of 24
Houston Tx

You might wanna mention that it was a low tier tournament =p
Good **** tho man.

Nice work pride, very very nice =P

shurf

Smash Cadet
Viridian City (1/31/09)
33rd out of 89
Jersey City, NJ

Yay I got to see PRiDE in action. Good stuff man. I got one of your matches against Yossi on video.

oh yeah I guess I'm playing Smash obsessively again. Its been too long.

PRiDE

Smash Lord
Lowbo (1/31/09)
2nd out of 24
Houston Tx

Yes, please mention it was low tiers!!! lololol. I almost had a heart attack for a second thinking that someone has ACTUALLY gotten second place with Yoshi at a decent sized tournament!

PRiDE

Smash Lord
Viridian City (1/31/09)
33rd out of 89
Jersey City, NJ

Yay I got to see PRiDE in action. Good stuff man. I got one of your matches against Yossi on video.

oh yeah I guess I'm playing Smash obsessively again. Its been too long.
LOL oh noo!!! I was playing so bad on that huge laggy tv!!! >_< lolol. I wish I saw you play more, but I did how ever see a pink Yoshi victory screen on one of the tv's and I was like helllll yeah..

D

Deleted member

Wish me luck todayz, i got this.

I might use random too tho.

shurf

Smash Cadet
Good luck, burntsocks! Go get 'em!

LOL oh noo!!! I was playing so bad on that huge laggy tv!!! >_< lolol. I wish I saw you play more, but I did how ever see a pink Yoshi victory screen on one of the tv's and I was like helllll yeah..
I know how you feel. I mistimed a ton of grabs and other things and I really got screwed over against Anti's DDD because of it. Haha thanks, I think that's when I beat some guy's Ike. It was 2-0. :D

SOVAman

Smash Hero
At Furbs: low tier doesn't count sorry

Pride: nice I will post later toooooo lazy right now

Md/Va is way to hard look at the result for planks if you want and everyone has a secondary and/or a main that can take yoshi like Dedede and kirby so I am picking up soome high tiers so I can handle some really hard match ups so sorry PRs lil b

PRiDE

Smash Lord
At Furbs: low tier doesn't count sorry

Pride: nice I will post later toooooo lazy right now

Md/Va is way to hard look at the result for planks if you want and everyone has a secondary and/or a main that can take yoshi like Dedede and kirby so I am picking up soome high tiers so I can handle some really hard match ups so sorry PRs lil b
Okay.. I got 9 more points. And Greenace (airborne) got about 14? in Atlantic north for his 5th place in Mass.

Yeah I saw your placing... Bad luck with the brackets >_<

SOVAman

Smash Hero
I had omni first effing round **** that I 2 stocked his ZSS lol then he went back to D3 3rd match so that did not work out great

then I had some really gay kirby so I am picking up someone else like ROB or falco so I do not care to much about PRings anyways so there is no need for me to just use yoshi I want to win sorry guys for not doing some main yoshi loyalty I just can't keep up with yoshi in md/va no one try to change my mind I don't have a choose but I am still going mostly yoshi

Also you do not need to go all yoshi for the result to count BUT.. you will not be on the PRing unless you use ALL yoshi

PRiDE

Smash Lord
Do you want me to make and run the power ranking thread?

PRiDE

Smash Lord
Alright. I will take over. I will continue with what everyone has. The thread will be solely power ranking results as not to be confused with regular results...

D

Deleted member

Lilb, i beat mogx, the best kirby on the west coast, in tournament. Just out gay him.

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
I had omni first effing round **** that I 2 stocked his ZSS lol then he went back to D3 3rd match so that did not work out great

then I had some really gay kirby so I am picking up someone else like ROB or falco so I do not care to much about PRings anyways so there is no need for me to just use yoshi I want to win sorry guys for not doing some main yoshi loyalty I just can't keep up with yoshi in md/va no one try to change my mind I don't have a choose but I am still going mostly yoshi

Also you do not need to go all yoshi for the result to count BUT.. you will not be on the PRing unless you use ALL yoshi
I understand somewhat, I got gayed by D3 in my tourny. I mainly main Yoshi but in the D3 state of Florida I am almost forced to use my other main Diddy and my secondary Kirby as well. It sucks really because I would like to fight hard and earn a spot on the PR but FL is so gay with Brawl.

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: So, I pretty much wasn't going to enter the regional this weekend, but I was convinced to and did OK.

Battle for Western New York 5 (February 1, 2009)
7th out of 25
Rochester, New York
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=219304

I apologize to everyone who saw me lose on the live stream, but it wasn't going to happen when Court was on fire so hard that day; overall, I did pretty well and actually had fun, which is a nice change. I also hope anyone who watched was able to see my matchup demonstration money matches to see how to fight certain characters.

PRiDE

Smash Lord
:yoshi: So, I pretty much wasn't going to enter the regional this weekend, but I was convinced to and did OK.

Battle for Western New York 5 (February 1, 2009)
7th out of 25
Rochester, New York
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=219304

I apologize to everyone who saw me lose on the live stream, but it wasn't going to happen when Court was on fire so hard that day; overall, I did pretty well and actually had fun, which is a nice change. I also hope anyone who watched was able to see my matchup demonstration money matches to see how to fight certain characters.
Very good Shiri. You got PR points. make sure if you guys place in a spot that earns points to post it in the PR threads as well. Good job.

Furbs

Smash Journeyman
ah lame, i saw bwett post low tier results for hobo 13 so i figured why not?

although heres the results from the tournament in Louisiana i went to yesterday.

New Orleans monthly #3 (2/1/09)
9th out of 27
New Orleans, LA

man I could have had 5th, I lost to pierres lucas (Although he did beat sudais rob) they were GG's though and all were close. great tournament though, I came back from a 3 stock against a wolf player which was awesome! (lol i SD'd at 0 on norfair)

also pride I played an ice climber down here that lives in florida. I forgot his name but he said he used to live in new jersey and play you. and also that you wear a pink shirt to every tournament :p

ArowYoshi

Smash Apprentice
Appalachian State University/ West Jefferson, NC
its been a week, and im pissed off that i cant do any better against NC, i should be able to.

Appalaichan Brawl Tourney (?name?) 1-24-09
17th out of 30
2nd out of 5 (pools)
Boone, NC
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=207402&page=34

people hate me in pools because i do good in them (granted they were small this time) but i cant keep winning during the bracket, im depressed. happens all the time. i even wore my self-made yoshi shirt for good luck. @#$% it. i need to start doing better.

its snowing...I feel a little better.

PRiDE

Smash Lord
ah lame, i saw bwett post low tier results for hobo 13 so i figured why not?

although heres the results from the tournament in Louisiana i went to yesterday.

New Orleans monthly #3 (2/1/09)
9th out of 27
New Orleans, LA

man I could have had 5th, I lost to pierres lucas (Although he did beat sudais rob) they were GG's though and all were close. great tournament though, I came back from a 3 stock against a wolf player which was awesome! (lol i SD'd at 0 on norfair)

also pride I played an ice climber down here that lives in florida. I forgot his name but he said he used to live in new jersey and play you. and also that you wear a pink shirt to every tournament :p
LOLOL was it holychef?!?! I love that guy! PLayed him serveral times, and yeah I wear pink every tourn lol.

Furbs

Smash Journeyman
YEAH THATS IT!!! it was holy chef he's cool!

it was a great tournament

Lee martin made gumbo just for me! :)

PRiDE

Smash Lord
I remember Lee from Florida as well. Furbs I need a link to the tournament results so I can give you PR points.

Furbs

Smash Journeyman
ok, it'll be up later. I need to wait for lee to make a results thread :p

Top Bottom