• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Yoshi Tournament Results: End of an Era, A New Beginning? *updated August 19th

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: Look at all these amazing Yoshis actually eating their signature food! Not even Sonics can claim this mess.

Everybody is stepping it up. We've got nowhere to go from here but up, guys! :D

Also, Furbz: you'll like the chicken carb from Quizno's more now, but in about a month's time, you probably won't be able to eat the thing if you go there on a semi-regular basis.

.Marik

is a social misfit
Prepare Yourself!

Professor's Lake Recreation Center.

March 15th, 2009.

Brampton, Ontario, Canada.

29th/50th.

For Singles.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=226031

Pretty good. I tied for fourth in Pools, and if I had 1 more win... I would've came 22nd. =(

I just underestimated Pokemon Trainer and ****ing Ivysaur Spam. >_>

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
You lost to POKEMON TRAINER!? =O

Well, I guess that's understandable. I once underestimated someone who played Pokemon Trainer and he whooped me as Squirtle. After that, I vowed to be as mean as can be when fighting Pokemon Trainer, which includes egg-spam, chain-grabs, edge-hogging, and, of course, the GRS. =P

.Marik

is a social misfit
Not really Pokemon Trainer that gave me a problem.

It was more or less ****ing Ivysaur. >_>

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
When I mentioned egg-spamming and edge-hogging, I was referring to Ivysaur. It's very succeptable to both (especially edge-hogging).

If Ivysaur is putting up a good defensive game (which it has), then try to predict what moves it'll do that'll try to counteract you and punish it. Just be careful about approaching from directly above, since all of Ivysaur's up- moves are dangerous and/or quick. Also, don't forget that d-smash works wonders against it when it is near the edge, too.

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
Marik, I can understand. Ivysaur can be a pain at times. The quicker you take out Squirtle, the easier the matchup will be. This helps big time when you fight Ivy since you can outcamp and edgehog him.

bigman40

Smash Master
So, I gotz a tourney this weekend. I'm hoping to place well with my terribad Yoshi this time. I'm also getting my Wii back tomorrow, so I'll be getting videos recorded from there for critique.

Oh yeah, if you watch any of the newer videos that I might post and you don't see me pull any DRs, it would most likely mean that I can't use it against that playstyle, or I haven't warmed up completely to effectively trust that I'll pull the move when I need it.

That's all! Terribad Yoshi out!

Gindler

Smash Champion
Nice placing, Poltergust.

Yes. I went to my first tourney a couple weekends ago, and had the Official Food of the Yoshi for lunch. I was a little worried at first, since I've never really liked ranch (based off of my dislike for Cooler Ranch Doritos), but it was awesome (with lettuce, tomato, and hot peppers). Though I lost both of my sets, I did take a game in each of them (which I was content with, for my first tourney), including a JV 3 stock of a DDD, which I credit to the power of the CBR.
I learned that if you get shredded cheese on your CBR do not get doubles cheese because only half of it will melt. With american cheese it's all set though (I have to get double cheese, there just isn't enough)

:yoshi: Look at all these amazing Yoshis actually eating their signature food! Not even Sonics can claim this mess.
I wish chilidog meals were still 3 dollars at sonic, those were so delicious

Not really Pokemon Trainer that gave me a problem.

It was more or less ****ing Ivysaur. >_>
I love playing as ivysaur, fighting her is a hassle though one missed close range attack (anything but egg toss) results in bulletseed =/. Heck I give snakes a problem with Ivy, she's just too good.

SOVAman

Smash Hero
Marik, I can understand. Ivysaur can be a pain at times. The quicker you take out Squirtle, the easier the matchup will be. This helps big time when you fight Ivy since you can outcamp and edgehog him.
I don't mind squirtle i don't like Ivysaur his bullet seed racks up more damage then Yoshi's dair

Also how is my new sig?

Scarlet Jile

Smash Lord
NNID
ScarletJile
I went to subway 2 days ago after a tourny and i tried my first CBR...

IT WAS AMAZING! Best thing ever. I cant believe i had never tried it before.
I've had better sandwiches.

Chicken, bacon and ranch are all good things, but Subway just kind of failed putting them together.

Plus, like, microwaved chicken strips and bacon... make that **** at home, with REAL bacon and chicken, then we're talking.

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
I don't mind squirtle i don't like Ivysaur his bullet seed racks up more damage then Yoshi's dair

Also how is my new sig?
You misunderstood what I said. When I said the quicker you take out Squirtle, the easier the match will be, I meant as in the faster you own Squirtle. I meant it like take Squirtle with the least possible damage. This makes fighting Ivysaur more convenient.

Also, I <3 your sig, but I miss Horsea already.

Furbs

Smash Journeyman
Ozzfest #2
9th of 21
Houston, Tx

I got gayed HARDCORE by a pit player sense yoshi can't quite powershield as easily as my D3

im REALLY pissed

but i did take Gnes's diddy to last match :)

Bwett

Smash Ace
Furbs, we have got to talk about the wonders of spotdodging. You can ask DPhat, I was yelling at the screen telling you to spot dodge or shield because you kept trying to jump or djc egglay and took like 6 arrows in a row =(

CluelessBTD

Smash Ace
Ozzfest #2
9th of 21
Houston, Tx

I got gayed HARDCORE by a pit player sense yoshi can't quite powershield as easily as my D3

im REALLY pissed

but i did take Gnes's diddy to last match :)
Just make sure you save that anger until you finish the match, cuz it'll affect your judgment and make you lose.

Smooth Criminal

Furbs

Smash Journeyman
i just stopped trying basically

i dont wanna play a match if they're gonna be THAT gay

i was also REALLY pissed, so i kinda didn't look at all my options very well

SOVAman

Smash Hero
Prepare Yourself!

Professor's Lake Recreation Centre

March 15, 2009

29th/60 (Singles)

Brampton, Ontario, Canada

Results are here.

There, lil b. It's in the correct order now. Can you add the results now pl0x? :yoshi:
Its still the wrong format but w/e I will show you how to do it

Professor's Lake Recreation Centre (March 15, 2009)
29th out of 60
Brampton, Ontario, Canada

I will post now but that is how you post it

.Marik

is a social misfit
I copied the format from the OP...

Basically the same thing.

Anyways, thanks for adding it. :yoshi:

Furbs

Smash Journeyman
i dont think you ever added the quiznoes tournament either :/

Quiznos Brawl IV (12/28/08)
33rd of 113
Cerritos, CA

bigman40

Smash Master
The results are not posted, now, but when they are, I'll have a link to give you.

Waba Games (3/21/09)
7th of 28 (will check to make sure number is right)
Dululth, GA

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
I have quite a few results. =)

This one is for normal singles:

R@vyn's Monthlies at Play n' Trade (3/21/09)
3rd out of 20 (I finally win some money! :bee:)
Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=220955&page=17 (He didn't post the brackets themselves, so I'll just link to the page with the results)

And this one is for low tier singles at that same tournament (not sure if it counts, though):

2nd out of 12 (More money! :bee:)
Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=220955&page=17

And these results are from the tournament I hosted today:

Brawl: Rise to the Top at My House (3/22/09)
3rd out of 14
Miami, Florida
http://i43.tinypic.com/27ya7bm.gif

Anyways, the first tournament I have listed here should count to the Power Rankings since I was all Yoshi in that one. I don't know if the second one counts because it was a low-tier tournament, though. The third one doesn't count because I used Zelda for ONE match. (And I still lost :()

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
I didn't want to repeat what happened to me on the 14th. I got infinited against a wall when I was playing against DewDaDash in a crew battle.

It was not fun. :(

SOVAman

Smash Hero
I have quite a few results. =)

This one is for normal singles:

3rd out of 20 (I finally win some money! :bee:)
Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=220955&page=17 (He didn't post the brackets themselves, so I'll just link to the page with the results)

And this one is for low tier singles at that same tournament (not sure if it counts, though):

2nd out of 12 (More money! :bee:)
Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=220955&page=17

And these results are from the tournament I hosted today:

Brawl: Rise to the Top at My House (3/22/09)
3rd out of 14
Miami, Florida
http://i43.tinypic.com/27ya7bm.gif

Anyways, the first tournament I have listed here should count to the Power Rankings since I was all Yoshi in that one. I don't know if the second one counts because it was a low-tier tournament, though. The third one doesn't count because I used Zelda for ONE match. (And I still lost :()
i will add later I have no time right now

.Marik

is a social misfit
^ Done and done.

Let me know if you guys want me to post your results, or you could just follow the link and do it yourself. :yoshi:

Top Bottom