• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Yoshi Interview Thread! Round 15 Voting is Here... Still!

Metatitan

Smash Master
Orange is the most disgusting color ever, my dad sports it 24/7 cuz he's a Tennessee volunteer fan. He looks like a ****ing creamsicle.

I'll vote for stocky cuz he's obviously butthurt that he hasn't been voted for yet.

Airborne

Smash Lord
vote for MX!
Stockysox +1
ima votering 4 fingerpaz.. as always
I will vote for Slice.

:216:
Shush, Airborne. Just for that I'm voting for Sockz. ;)

:069:
Ill vote yika
I'll cast a vote for Stocky, and to answer you question Polt, in short, I think Cyan's a better color than Green.
I vote for Burntsackz
Orange is the most disgusting color ever, my dad sports it 24/7 cuz he's a Tennessee volunteer fan. He looks like a ****ing creamsicle.

I'll vote for stocky cuz he's obviously butthurt that he hasn't been voted for yet.
MX-1
Burntsocks-4
Slice-1
Fingerp@ss-1
Yikarur-6

Alright, so it looks like Stocky has a very well defined lead here. Remember that we still have 5 whole freakin' days to vote, so there still could be another winner.

Edited Edit: Slice's 2 votes were changed for Yika.

Edit: We now have 4 total votes for Yika.

Edit Edit Edit!: Yika is now tied with Stocky.

4th Edit: Meta has changed his vote from stocky to Yika.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
looooool I would change my vote, but I originally said yika :p

Yoshiking

Smash Apprentice
I'm still voting for you Stocky =)
I'm sitting here astonished..in how the **** i don't know any of these yoshi mains except for polt and scatz...

maybe it's cause i didn't play brawl enough in states...or went to any tournaments...

Chuee

Smash Hero
Yika won pretty suuuuuuuuuuuure.
My questions
When you gonna play Budget Playur Cadeet?
When you gonna come to US?
Do you have a mustache?

YOSHssb

Smash Ace
NNID
aquilarion
I'm sitting here astonished..in how the **** i don't know any of these yoshi mains except for polt and scatz...

maybe it's cause i didn't play brawl enough in states...or went to any tournaments...
You should get to know all of us =)

All Most Some A couple of us are friendly =)

Fingerp@ss

Smash Cadet
Hi Yikarur,

Where did your name come from?

Who (not specifically a Yoshi main) would you like to play against the most? And do you think you will win against that player?

That is all.

YOSHssb

Smash Ace
NNID
aquilarion
How many tournaments have you entered?

How many have you won?

How much money have you gotten from tournaments?

What's your favorite character to fight against?

Why play Yoshi and not another character?

Do you have any alternates?

Yikarur

Smash Master
Where did your name come from?

well in 2005 I didn't have internet and stuff so I was like all day every day in an internet café to chat and stuff, there was a nice guy and I got friends with him, His Nickname was "Rikarur" and he got his name from a random RPG Nickname Generator. Someday the regular guests of the internet café wanted to troll him by fake his Nickname, like Pikarur, Tikarur etc.
I chose Yikarur in thoughts of Yoshi + ikarur =D

Who (not specifically a Yoshi main) would you like to play against the most? And do you think you will win against that player?

I don't know, I don't like to play with people I personally don't like so I would choose someone I like much and someone who I could trashtalk much with. Perhaps another Yoshi Main like Scatty or Polt or Delta or whoever, but I don't specially want to play against someone special.

How many tournaments have you entered?
wuh I have to count.
4 International Tournaments (europe-wide)
5 national (about 30 entrants)
X Smashfests with about 12-20 Entrants

How many have you won?
none lol 2-3 low tier tournaments but nothing special.

How much money have you gotten from tournaments?
about 80€

What's your favorite character to fight against?
I don't have one. The character varity in germany isn't that great so I don't have experience in a lot of match-ups and I can't really say what my favorite would be.

Why play Yoshi and not another character?
because it's Yoshi, simple answer, I'm born with him. (not really but I was really young), I lived with him, and I just love him since ever. My cat's name is Yoshi because of him, I love the games. This Charakter is just awesome <3

Do you have any alternates?
I play Diddy as true secondary (or alt. main) because he's my second favorite character after Yoshi, I played Diddy Kong quest when I was 5 and since then Diddy is one of my favorites. I play MK too but it's just something like a Pocket MK I've only used once in tournament.
I play Lucario a bit since few weeks, he's fun somehow but I don't think he'll become a pocket character for me.

What is your favorite yoshi main to watch?
Scatz

Your thoughts on Zudenka's yoshi?
He's very tricky and his movement is awesome but It often feels like when watching him that he is playing on auto-pilot.

Why cyan?
I played green the first 5 month of brawl but I decided that I need a personal color to identify myself and cyan was just beautiful.

Thoughts on learning the English language?
englis his the easiest language to learn, I'm happy english not french got the world language (german would be the best though xP)

Most underrated yoshi tech?
DR seems to be very underrated because almost nobody really wants to sit down and learn it :(

What woud you change to make yoshi tournament viable?
Simple: jump OoS and faster shield drop (last thing not necessary but would be a nice bonus)

Favorite smash game?
Brawl > SSB64 = Melee

Thoughts on the German smash scene?
I only tell about the offline scene because the online scene is ********.
I like in region with the most Brawl players in germany (lucky <3)
we have almost no MKs (one who is first in PR) and almost hundreds of Snakes :p (about 6-7 at least)
And we have a lot of awesome mid-low tier mains who does really good at tournaments =D
but we're overall worse than other countries because a lot of people don't really want to become better :(

Why is German such an awesome language?
Ist sie? Die meisten Ausländer sagen sie finden deutsch furchtbar.

What does it feel like when people call you Yik instead of Yika?
first it was a bit strange but I after a while it was okay, I just accepted that it's probably easier to say Yik for native english speakers.

What Yoshi related items do you have in your room?
Cyan Yoshi Plush and Cyan Yoshi Slippers + Cyan, Yellow and Pink Yoshi Figure. I got a keychain years ago but that got stolen :(

Favorite move?
I answer here for moves overall: that would be probably Diddys SideB and/or NeutralB because Diddy has unlimited options out of these, it's unbelivable.

Whats you're favorite move(Yoshi's)
Jab, Egglay and Egg Toss in Teams.

Favorite Stage?
Designwise Delfino, Playwise SV, platform canceling <3 (I'm european you know)

Why is it that you always forget my name on skype?
who are you again? :D

What do you think The Blood God smells like?
he stinks because he doesn't shower ;D

Who would win in a Boxing Match? Jile or Shiri?
Shiri

If you could make one character that isn't MK disappear from the roster who would it be?
I wouldn't even choose MK lol I don't even have to think about that question:
Snake. (not because he is hard to play or something like that I don't like him as character)

Did you really only vote for yourself because we "made you?" Or did you really want it all along?
I love answering questions so I just thought it would be nice :p I wouldn't vote for myself by myself though.

Favorite AT?
platform cancel, DR and everything Yoshi gets with DR Physics.

When will I get the pleasure to **** you? (by Gheb)
you're free <3

I heard you've made quite some experience in the Ike match-up. What can you tell us about it?
It's a hard experience to have 20% and your opponent 160% 11 seconds on the timer and you get stupidly spiked. <.<

Why the hell did you lose to @lly's Falcon @ Bushido?
I sd'd the first match at about 20% because my jump got interrupted unnoticed, it was even in the end but I lost though,
the last match was close but I made stupid mistakes
and he punished them godly.

Will you come to austria some day for a tournament so we can prove once and for all that Slice >>> you?
I will come do disprove it <3 (I hope I'll get to austria someday but it's really expensive to get there and no car :( )

How good is egg lay?
too good, Aerial Grab ftw
-
How good is egg roll?
it actually sucks as hell but I've never got punished almost ever for accidently doing it

How good is down-b?
it's an awesome kill move against people that don't know how to a DI it. (the difference between DI't downB and non-di't downB is like 30-40% lol)
and against chars with a sucky fast fall.

How do you fight wolf?
this is the match-up I played most, ever and I think I almost never won. (against Semifer, my former main training mate)
He knows the match-up perfectly and knows how to use Yoshis weaknesses and the match-up is even bad without the opponent knowing your weaknesses.
but one tip: nair into his sideB while he is recovering is awesome and kills opponents that can't DI.

Why does Polt hate Yoshi dittoes? they're fun as you say Yika.
it is unbelievable strange to play against Yoshi, I know how he feel and I felt like him a long time but I somehow never lost in Yoshi ditos and it got better
with the time, probably he just have to play them more ;D

Your thoughts on Yoshi Vs Pit.
Pit is one of the least played characters in germany (online players excluded) but I don't really like the match-up because it feels like I do everything
wrong in the match-up that you can do wrong but I don't play it often enough to improve it D:

Aside from usual colors what other texture color do you like ( orange Purple Brown White etc.)
White, I love the white Yoshi, it's sooooo cute, his voice in Yoshis Story, I love it!

What are your thoughts on Yoshi vs Fawx.
imo it negates one of Yoshis best advantages (being long living)
I switch to Sheik after losing mostly D:

What are your thoughts on Yoshi vs Loocas.
I don't play the match-up often. I usually end-up winning somehow because the other lucas [is significant worse than me.

Cyan Yoshi da bess?
of course! but it got to popular, when I choose playing cyan no one except Auro played cyan and now x__x...

Is delta a fisherman?
he is the fished one.

Metatitan

Smash Master
What is your favorite yoshi main to watch?
Your thoughts on Zudenka's yoshi?
Why cyan?
Thoughts on learning the English language?
Most underrated yoshi tech?
What woud you change to make yoshi tournament viable?
Favorite move?
Favorite smash game?
Thoughts on the German smash scene?
Why is German such an awesome language?
Much love <3

CelestialMarauder~

Smash Ace

What Yoshi related items do you have in your room?

Whats you're favorite move(Yoshi's)

Favorite Stage?

Why is it that you always forget my name on skype?

What do you think The Blood God smells like?

Who would win in a Boxing Match? Jile or Shiri?

If you could make one character that isn't MK disappear from the roster who would it be?

hadesblade

Smash Lord
Did you really only vote for yourself because we "made you?" Or did you really want it all along?

Favorite AT?

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
When will I get the pleasure to **** you?
I heard you've made quite some experience in the Ike match-up. What can you tell us about it?
Why the hell did you lose to @lly's Falcon @ Bushido?
Will you come to austria some day for a tournament so we can prove once and for all that Slice >>> you?

:059:

Yikarur

Smash Master
I'll answer the questions later, I don't have much time atm, so don't be shy, I like answering question ^.^

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Why does Polt hate Yoshi dittoes? they're fun as you say Yika.
Your thoughts on Yoshi Vs Pit.
Aside from usual colors what other texture color do you like ( orange Purple Brown White etc.)

:320:

Chuee

Smash Hero
What are your thoughts on Yoshi vs Fawx.
What are your thoughts on Yoshi vs Loocas.
Cyan Yoshi da bess?
Is delta a fisherman?

Top Bottom