• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

YGD - As the snow melts, the mighty Dinosaur rises once more!

Best Yoshi Attack

• Total voters

SOVAman

Smash Hero
Lol so much stupidity in this conversation. First off, while MM's mean way more than friendlies, they don't mean as much as a tourny match.

Let's think about the situation. The MM probably wasn't for much money, xyro knows the matchup and beats one of the three yoshies who could be entitled as best yoshi on a regular basis, and Yosh isn't one of those three. Why would xyro take the match that seriously, especially considering he knew he had it in the bag? A bad matchup that he knows, and not to mention the person isn't a top user of that character. TBH I only think the three yoshies xyro would play seriously would be Bwett, Green Ace, and Burntsocks.

On a side note, Xyro still 2-0'd yosh, idk how that would prove the matchup is even.
lol when ever you argue about something you bring up the same three people.

i just noticed that

SOVAman

Smash Hero
sockz you must be happy to have meatrider(s)!!!!!!!!!

lol at people still on bwetts c0ck and he doesn't even play yoshi anymore ROFL

D

Deleted member

Meta is only like barely hanging on to my meat, i wouldnt call it riding it.
xD

I'm pretty sure ive been the most neglected yoshi ever, i need more riders.

Sharky

Smash Master
meataridin said:
they see me trollin'
they hatin'
patrollin' they tryin to catch me ridin' stocky
trying to catch me ridin' stocky
hahaha couldn't resist XD

.Marik

is a social misfit
This current conversation includes huge amounts of homo.

Teran and Spadefox would be happy.

Lol Meataridin. <3

SOVAman

Smash Hero
Chaco is like a ****ing dictator he made me change my location

soooooooo homo

hopefully he wont make me change it again =/

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
Gentlemen of the Yoshi boards, I am proud to announce that I, Firefly, have finally met the qualifications to become a legit Yoshi main. I am honoured to achieve this goal, and humbled to be a part of your ranks. Long have I toiled, striving in this direction, and the end of my journey is finally here. For I have recently taken the last step I need to take to be taken seriously as a Yoshi player...

I bought a Yoshi plushie.

I only have one thing to ask of you all. PleasepleasePLEASE do not spoil this moment for me by bringing Kanye West or any associated fads into this. Your consideration and cooperation is deeply appreciated.

:005:

Niko_K

Smash Master
Lol, you're dealing with the wrong Canadians. I actually 2-stocked Niko in a Tournament match before. People are also biased. Remember that. :[

IRONY.

It's also pretty true. Americans have HUGE ego's and self-entitlement issues. Canada isn't as rich or important, so the problem isn't as prominent.

Of course, I was making generalizations, but if you really are that offended and want to launch a debate with me, I can back my claims up. Both Smash and IRL wise.

Also, keep in mind: some=/=all. And I was joking for the most part, so don't take it the wrong way.

<3

*Edit* New signature.
I'm bored and name search and I;d like to say lol first bracket match of the day I still won the set :O Placed 5th that night.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Samus is still horrible and Yoshi isn't, its not a terrible matchup by any means.
Dont kid yourself. Yoshi is in the same boat samus is. They both are horrible.

Anyways, Yosh told me that he didn't get ***** and that the matches were close, regardless of the set score. If I 2-0 M2K in a MM but it's down to the last hit every match, does that mean it wasn't even?

Yosh(as a person) is a great guy so please dont think im against him in ANYWAY. He was nice and respectful. HE came to me and reminded me of the 5$ mm. He knew the match-up wasnt anywhere close to his favor yet he asked for the MM anyway.....now that takes some guts.

But tbh, If you aint first, your last. Losing BOTH games=losing both games, PERIOD. Going to last hit at high %=he still didnt win. The match-up is not anywhere close to even. Yes ive played bwett offline and yes he WAS really good(he dropped yoshi cept for low tier events) but ot be honest, online and off ive MOLESTED each yoshi ive come across. So is it just XYRO thats good against yoshi and not samus? I dont give myself that credit. I honestly think samus has answers to EVERY thing yoshi has. At its HIGHEST level, samus wins 65-35 IMO.

Now to be fair, yosh did do something NO OTHER YOSHI has ever done to me. The times he approached, he airdodged RIGHT as he got to me(it placed him behind me). Needless to say xyro adapted and still beat him but IMO its the BEST approach yoshi has in this match-up.

Let's think about the situation. The MM probably wasn't for much money, xyro knows the matchup and beats one of the three yoshies who could be entitled as best yoshi on a regular basis, and Yosh isn't one of those three. Why would xyro take the match that seriously, especially considering he knew he had it in the bag? A bad matchup that he knows, and not to mention the person isn't a top user of that character. TBH I only think the three yoshies xyro would play seriously would be Bwett, Green Ace, and Burntsocks.
Thank you for defending me, that really means alot! I have to be honest here, I WAS trying. Now i wasnt going 110%, eye of the tiger, sweat pouring down my face, white knuckles and stuff but i was trying to win. The MM was for 5$(which is standard) and yes i fought bwett SO many times i feel i know yoshi like the back of my hand.

2-0(doesnt matter %s or stocks) is a 2-0. Case closed.

Ochobobo

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1075-1052-5472
I just met Poltergust at Gigabits. I don't think he was too amused to learn I made that signature about him not showering. LOL!

Ochobobo

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1075-1052-5472
LOL. What was his reaction?
He just said "Oh... What was your name again?" I told him "Ochobobo" and then he looked slightly confused like most people do when they hear my name. lolol

But yeah like I said, he wasn't too amused by it, but he wasn't angry or annoyed either. lol

If I had to pick what he was, I'd say "mildly interested/confused"

I never expected to meet Polter when I made that signature, so both of us were caught offguard by that encounter. lol

SOVAman

Smash Hero
Now to be fair, yosh did do something NO OTHER YOSHI has ever done to me. The times he approached, he airdodged RIGHT as he got to me(it placed him behind me). Needless to say xyro adapted and still beat him but IMO its the BEST approach yoshi has in this match-up.
You have to be kidding right

I would think every yoshi player does this

well i hope =/

Bwett

Smash Ace
Samus ***** Yoshi 65:35 and Xyro ***** Yoshi 80:20. Give up lol...unless somehow you can get both delfino and halberd in the same set. Then its not so bad =P

Btw, Xyro, I'm probably never playing DDD against you again...you played the matchup too well our last set. Now that my diddy is catching up, I'll give that a shot lol

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
But tbh, If you aint first, your last. Losing BOTH games=losing both games, PERIOD. Going to last hit at high %=he still didnt win.

2-0(doesnt matter %s or stocks) is a 2-0. Case closed.
I still disagree. A 2-0 containing two JV 4 stocks and a 2-0 with both matches coming to the last hit are two different things entirely. Though that wasn't my point.

The match-up is not anywhere close to even.
Not what I'm advocating.

THIS is what I was interested in. Thanks for telling me.

Wait, third person speech? I do say, this is the new Samus fad. =P

Unrelated to the above, my mom says it's time to get me some new slippers. I'm gonna see if I can get Cyan Yoshi slippers, lol.

SOVAman

Smash Hero
Samus ***** Yoshi 65:35 and Xyro ***** Yoshi 80:20. Give up lol...unless somehow you can get both delfino and halberd in the same set. Then its not so bad =P

Btw, Xyro, I'm probably never playing DDD against you again...you played the matchup too well our last set. Now that my diddy is catching up, I'll give that a shot lol
how would you know

you don't main yoshi

go camp nanners

bigman40

Smash Master
That's what people do these days. We argue over **** that doesn't matter in a thread that's not even appropriate for that subject.

Either way, appreciate it man. Also, here's just a quick vid about that move I was telling you about. I was too lazy to pick D3 to show that he slides out of range, but if I need to, then I'll get it another day.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2CRT0Mftckg

Silent Beast

Smash Journeyman

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Both chars do really really good against samus.

Top Bottom