• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

YGD - As the snow melts, the mighty Dinosaur rises once more!

Best Yoshi Attack

• Total voters

Sharky

Smash Master
fire, elefterios is also canadian, don't worry =)

lol at anyone who thinks d tier is middle.

I can say that Raynex is really good at melee, I'm not sure about brawl, though.

mountain_tiger

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4441-8987-6303
I've heard that apparently Yoshi gets 'borderline *****' by Samus (which I presume means a match-up of 35:65). Could someone briefly explain why it's so bad? Thanks.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
I've heard that apparently Yoshi gets 'borderline *****' by Samus (which I presume means a match-up of 35:65). Could someone briefly explain why it's so bad? Thanks.
Well, I believe it has something to do with being incredibly hard for Yoshi to approach Samus. Between homing missiles, zair, and Screw Attack OoS, it's really hard for Yoshi to get in and do damage. The only thing that makes it not so bad is that when he gets inside, Yoshi can do some serious damage.

I would like to get Yosh's opinion though, since he went pretty even with Xyro in a MM from what he tells me.

YoshiIslander77z

Smash Apprentice
Well, I believe it has something to do with being incredibly hard for Yoshi to approach Samus. Between homing missiles, zair, and Screw Attack OoS, it's really hard for Yoshi to get in and do damage. The only thing that makes it not so bad is that when he gets inside, Yoshi can do some serious damage.

I would like to get Yosh's opinion though, since he went pretty even with Xyro in a MM from what he tells me.
this match up is like tinkerbells but easier, in my opinion

Airborne

Smash Lord

if you want yoshi players that know about the samus MU, ask bwett or furbs.... lemme find furbs' summary real quick-like.

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: Yeah, the matchup thread is also linked in a sticky.

That's to aid the search for the thread, of course.

Bwett's summary should also be linked in the first post.

That's to aid the search for succinct information, of course.

In related news, I just performed a week of nonstop dining critiques at several restaurants. After seven days, I have a full stomach for the first time in months. I think I'm going to enjoy the rest of my day.

D

Deleted member

LOL at getting at people cuz there region

just let them be sockz lol
Its not cuz of their region, its cuz Marik thinks hes good when he places decently with no good players :p

I dont care where you live

.Marik

is a social misfit
Okay skanks let's make this one simple. Marik, what are the top 5-10 players in your region (not canada but your particular region of canada)? If we have heard of most of them or if there is impressive footage of them, stocky will apologize. If not you have to admit the people you lose to are bad. Sound fair?
I'll get on that later.

Take that society

Also, im not talking about melee, i dont know much about regions in melee besides socal being the best :p
Again, ignorance of our region. You don't even know our top Melee players?

LOL at getting at people cuz there region

just let them be sockz lol
Lol sure okay whatever.

Its not cuz of their region, its cuz Marik thinks hes good when he places decently with no good players :p

I dont care where you live
I never said I was good. I'm basically implying you'll get assraped by our top players. In terms of Brawl, Canada has two specific players that will own any of your top SoCal players. And our population is still a lot smaller than yours.

There is no counter-retort for my argument. We have a smaller population, even though Montreal and GtaN are still heavily populated, and we'll still **** your region with Ally and HolyNightmare.

Only the best players in your region will be able to beat RaynEX. Dude's a beast, don't kid yourself. He's attended American Tournaments before and placed really f*cking good.

He's LOL when it comes to Brawl though.

Again, I'm not amazing. But your ignorance and elitist attitude regarding anybody else's region besides yours is starting to irk me.

I would love seeing burntsocks's expression when SilverDoc or Cruxis **** the sh*t out of you.

Oh yeah, Cruxis placed like, 15th or something at EVO. Guess where he's from?

Toronto. Okay, nice discussing matters with you. :D

D

Deleted member

<3
Alrighty then.

And no i dont know your top melee players sowwy.

Lil B, teach me to be an efffective troll.

Also: Holy Knightmare would not **** our region at all.

.Marik

is a social misfit
<3

And no i dont know your top melee players sowwy.
Pretty sad, you procede to trast-talk our region yet you clearly know nothing about us.

Also: Holy Knightmare would not **** our region at all.
I'll explain that in the next sentence.

Holy physically couldn't **** our region, we have mks o.O (and thats like 20:80 or something really bad)
Agreed, but Holy is pretty good against MetaKnights, he knows the matchup pretty well.

Granted, he probably won't be able to beat every top MetaKnight in California. But he did beat GtaN's top MetaKnight, who's currently ranked #1 on our Power Rankings, KingAce. Then we have Ally, and he's done it before. Ally is amazing, nothing new there.

Our players aren't perfect, ADHD even beat Ally. Good Diddy Kong players are scary. ;_;

quite a bit of meatriding... o.o
first time the general thread has proven to be boring in a while....
No meatriding here. I'm simply being honest.

LOL, what time is it in California right now? I was going "Jesus, do these people go to school?" before remembering that we live in vastly different timezones.

And California is the most populated State in all of America.

Yeah, and compare that to Canada.

<3

.Marik

is a social misfit
Its something your born with friend <3

Haha, I troll DA and YAF all the time. Great fun.

and holy is overrated
Holy is pretty good, though. Bad matchups, and R.O.B.'s slightly average game mechanics and physics hold most R.O.B.'s back, but Holy does surprisingly well.

Holy is Ally's biological brother, by the way. Must run in the blood.

wonder if he will name search that

most likely wont post cuz i wrote that though[/COLOR]
He definitely will. :laugh:

Holy and Ally always name-search.

Metatitan

Smash Master
Every region has a top player that would have a high chance of winning a regional/national. I personally prefer living in a region with simply a higher quantity of top players.

Marik we should totally troll DA chats together :D

.Marik

is a social misfit

Marik we should totally troll DA chats together :D
:D

I like the way you think.

Chats never download on school computers, though.

Maybe later today, since I'm not banned from the public library anymore LOL.

.Marik

is a social misfit
Almost 2,000 posts!

I post way too much. :[

I should totally post on my alternate account more, I don't want to look like a post whore.

Also, Sadaharu Inui. I don't want to look like an elitist that talks more than he performs.

Yeah...

I'm going to check up on the Low-Tier Tournament now. :D

Hope other Yoshi's don't get ***** like burntsockz LOL.

<3 burntsockz.

SOVAman

Smash Hero
Almost 2,000 posts!

I post way too much. :[

I should totally post on my alternate account more, I don't want to look like a post whore.

Also, Sadaharu Inui. I don't want to look like an elitist that talks more than he performs.

Yeah...

I'm going to check up on the Low-Tier Tournament now. :D

Hope other Yoshi's don't get ***** like burntsockz LOL.

<3 burntsockz.
Chaco is the only post ***** here

D

Deleted member

Pretty sad, you procede to trast-talk our region yet you clearly know nothing about melee players, regardless of whether you play melee or keep up with the scene.
Agreed, but Holy is pretty good against bad players
Granted, he probably won't be able to beat anyone in California. But he did beat GtaN's top MetaKnight, who's currently ranked #1 on our Power Rankings, which doesnt matter because no one else is on it, KingAce, who tied with a yoshi main at SNES. Then we have Ally, and he's done it before. Ally is amazing and he does not live in Canada.
Too bad for us.
Our players aren't good.
No meatriding here. I'm simply being overly defensive of an obvious attempt to troll.
<3
Uhh, post edited to fit my needs and add my opinion.
<3 u too bro, but dont be a **** about me losing to someone in England on wifi :p

.Marik

is a social misfit
Uhh, post edited to fit my needs and add my opinion.
<3 u too bro, but dont be a **** about me losing to someone in England on wifi :p
And since burntsockz got ***** by a Captain Falcon player from England, and can't f*cking quote like every other person, here goes my 2,000th post. :D

You're right, Holy is good against bad players. Like yourself, correct?

But he's also good against good players! :D

Ally is still Canadian, whether or not he currently lives there. He'll always represent and claim Canadian heritage.

It's okay to be confused. <3

I'm not trolling at all. Oh no, I would never do that.

Canadian players ****.

Get at us.

At least somebody on a Power Rankings List please?

And KingAce actually got ***** by a Samus player, and the matchup is 80:20 MetaKnight's favour LOL.

The difference in population is approximately like, 267,775,000 people.

No wonder, Americans simply don't understand the correct methods of birth control.

:D

Top Bottom