• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

YGD - As the snow melts, the mighty Dinosaur rises once more!

Best Yoshi Attack

• Total voters

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: Sockz, play against someone that knows how to neutral air and then get back to me.

That matchup is gay as f*ck.

I refuse to play it. I'll play a thousand Drephens before I play even the worst Captain Falcon.

P.S. - Lil' B, you're missing the last character on your location. ト

D

Deleted member

Can you just cc the nairs and dtilt or like DJC uair juggle.
Falcon is so easy to gimp its crazy, yay for no autosweetspot.

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: Well, it's like this.

Low percents, you can CC, but it's sooooooo easy to get baited into deep neutral air to jab, not even funny. I have to run the frame data, but I think you can only CC jab (instead of down tilt) before he gets a job off. At higher percents, you can still CC, but the second hit slides you maddddddddd far out of range for the down tilt and if you buffer it in (in Melee's super small but reasonable buffer) but realize too late, you will get random stomped/kneed/neutral'd/grabbed and it's not fun.

What you can do is, as I stated earlier, CC into jabs (which hurts my old fingers a lot) orrrrrrrrrr you can CC the first hit of neutral air and then supershield the second hit for massive amounts of ****. It just...takes a while to learn and then requires SO MUCH SPLIT SECOND TIMING but once you learn it, you can do it. Proceed to jump or WD out of supershield for good sh*t.

I agree that Falcon is very gimpable; so is Falco--it's the reason we have decent matchups against them. The problem is baiting them to the edges to take advantage of them or knocking them off to edgeguard.

Defensively, you want to try to avoid spotdodging as much as possible, but you can employ (sparingly) the spotdodge out of shield drop to "displace" your invulnerability a little bit and net you some free jab or DJC neutral airs after they whiff something on your dodge.

Okay so story time.

I was at a tournament last weekend and I was playing some Melee on the side. There was some kid who wanted to play me and he was decent; I picked Yoshi and he picked Falcon--I stayed Yoshi for some stupid reason even though I hate this matchup (not as much as Samus, but I still hate it). So we're playing and he's getting tooled because he admits he's never fought a Yoshi before and, if I say so myself, I think I was one of the better North American Yoshis of Melee, so it's basically years of data and experience versus random knees and sh*t. Then some random from out of nowhere sits down behind him and says, "Dude, don't lose to Yoshi. His only real anti-air is up tilt (LOL? ROOOOOOOOFL) so you can just spam stomps on him all day and win." So the kid starts throwing out random stomps on BF and I'm like, "Okay, this 2003 sh*t has to go." WD back, DJC up air, DJC neutral air, DJC EGG LAY (LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL), and SUPERSHIELD-->JUMP-->NEUTRAL AIR (YEHS!) all came out to play on Falcon after that and I felt like such a tool for having to use sh*t like that in friendlies because some douchebag who thinks he knows everything about the character I halfway f*ckin invented tried to pawn me off as some two bit piece of sh*t to some kid who was probably in diapers while I was traveling the country for this game.

Anyway, yeah. I just had to get that off my chest. If you're serious about playing Yoshi in Melee, just hit me up; I'll tell you whatever you need to know. I just seriously don't recommend it because the meta cycle right now is sooo anti-Yoshi it's not even funny.

D

Deleted member

o_o
Im dedicated sir =D
I must become yoshi pro.
And supershielding...isnt that like the super hard thingy xD
*looks back over project Y.O.S.H.I*

O_o

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: Yeah, supershielding is...

...well, it's not hard, it's just hard to do as much as you need to seeing as how you need the reaction time to both spot your chances and also the reflexes to punish out of it.

It's by and away Yoshi's best defensive tool behind CC.

D

Deleted member

Lol CC is so great, i forgot how cool it is to just run up and crouch down tilt fair.
Ahhhh ****.

Silent Beast

Smash Journeyman
Thanks, but every time I copy and paste it it goes in as "&#"
I think you're looking more for something like メタナイトを使え (use MK), as opposed to something off of an online translator that can't distinguish that "main" is a verb, and not an adjective. :laugh:

.Marik

is a social misfit
Can someone translate "Toronto" into Japanese for me? :D

Haha, go get 'em Shiri. <3

bigman40

Smash Master
So yeah. What I do for my birthday? I went to 8 am labs (finished at 12), got sesame chicken, then ****ing slept for bout 3 hours. Best day ever.

....Zuzuzu....

Yikarur

Smash Master
I unscrew my wii because its make that famous buzzing noise but I don't get the metal plate away from the Disk ;___; the resistance is too high. ;o;

.Marik

is a social misfit
Marik: トロント
Haha, thanks.

It's just showing up as squares on my school computer, I guess these computers don't have the specific program required to distingiush it as actual Japanese writing. :p

LOL Shiri. <3

They don't have Sonics in Canada though. :[

And I also have a job interview at Swiss Chalet today! Wish me luck! :D

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: It's funny you mention that.

The same day I went to Sonic for that first picture, I think my pink Yoshi doll actually tried to eat some of my food. I had gone to put it away when I noticed it had a spot of chili right near its mouth.

**sniff**

Healthy eaters. I'm so proud.

.Marik

is a social misfit
I don't have any. >___<

I would totally rock Yoshi dolls at Tournaments.

CelestialMarauder~

Smash Ace
nah see models can fit in your pocket meaning you can have your yoshi at your side where ever you go. And if you ever get held up, you can throw your yoshi at him as a distraction while you proceed to punch your assailant in the face. You can do that with plushies too......but the effect isn't the same :/

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: I have one of those, too. :D

I dunno, models do have their merits. I think plushies are just more popular because they're cheaper to make and cheaper to buy; models have overall higher quality and last longer.

Depster

Smash Champion
I think I'll be able to make it to circuit final in october but only for friendlies, cause I won't be there anywhere near on time, but people will still be there when I get there I bet =0

Top Bottom