• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

YGD - As the snow melts, the mighty Dinosaur rises once more!

Best Yoshi Attack

• Total voters

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
Did a little investigation today and posted this in the main BBrawl thread, thought I'd share here. For those who don't know Balanced Brawl is an unofficial patch for Brawl that can be loaded on any Wii, with the purpose of balancing the matchups. One interesting benefit for Yoshi is that side-b doesn't put him helpless falling anymore, but actually gives him his double jump back. This let's Yoshi "Egg Brake" (like G&W) to live at extreme levels of damage.

I just did some DI testing. Lots of numbers:

Vertical Test
% required to KO with back hitbox of Mario fully charged u-smash from center of FD in training mode.
No DI: No input.
DI: Simple DI to the side, away from Mario, starting on frame of hit.
Aerial: Same, but adds a specified aerial on the first available frame.
Special: Same, but adds given special move after aerial.

Jigglypuff
No DI- 56
DI- 62
Uair- 65

Mr. Game & Watch
No DI- 60
DI- 66
Nair- 71
Bucket- 73

Yoshi
No DI- 75
DI- 83
Uair- 90
Egg- 91

King Dedede
No DI- 86
DI- 95
Nair- 104

Horizontal Test
% required to KO with inner hitbox of fully charged Mario f-smash from the center of FD in training mode. Simple DI inward always assumed, starting on first frame of hit.

Jigglypuff
Uair- 78

Mr. Game & Watch
Nair- 84
Bucket- 99

Yoshi
Uair- 98
Egg- 111

Bowser
Fair- 111

Long Range Test
% required to KO with inner hitbox of uncharged Mario f-smash from the opposite edge of FD in training mode. No DI allowed.

Jigglypuff
Uair- 123

Mr. Game & Watch
Nair- 133
Bucket- 165

Yoshi
Uair- 162
Egg- 186

Bowser
Fair- 166

Conclusion:
Yoshi is now the best character in the game for surviving long horizontal hits. Yoshi may wish to maximize this advantage by picking large stages. This should affirm Norfair as a great Yoshi stage.
Hope someone found this interesting.

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: Oh snap, Yikarur has those slippers, too?

I has the pink onez. :D

Yikarur, let's be Yoshi pals. <3

D

Deleted member

Shiri im going back to melee, can you teach me :)

Im maining yoshi, peach, and falco :)

D

Deleted member

Not quitting brawl =/
Just gonna practice melee more for a while.

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: Sockz, Melee is easy, but you're going about it all wrong.

It's like this.

Pick Fox.
Win.

Notice how your three other character choices completely derail you from the path of victory.

I wish I were joking.

D

Deleted member

Lol im pretty sure that isnt true at all.
Plus my tech skill suuuucks.

TEACH ME YOSHI!!!!

Metatitan

Smash Master
Lol @ you guys meatriding zudenka.

He's good but not amazing.

I bet if I was European and beat up on people who cant adjust to a repetitive strategy I'd be famous too.

Meanwhile I'm considering going all pika on sunday. Peach needs to let him play

D

Deleted member

Meta...you really wouldnt beat most of these european players.
I know you think Europe is bad, but they are pretty legit.

Metatitan

Smash Master
You didn't play zudenka, and I'm willing to bet you didn't play anyone he played in that combo video. Besides you're the biggest meatrider of them all stocky :)

bigman40

Smash Master
I remember the days when everyone was meat-riding me.....Then they realized the truth that I was telling them for over a year.....My how times change....

....Zuzuzu....

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
I remember making this post I am currently writing at exactly 8:42 AM..................then I realized I should actually stop making useless posts...................I doubt that will happen

*goes to school*

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: I remember when Metatitan posted something positive that one time...

LOL who am I kidding.

Sockz, you seem to think I'm joking. Yoshi was good back in 06 and early 07, but Yoshi loses in this meta cycle. All you will play against now are Fox, Falco, and Captain Falcon and he loses all of those matches brutally save for Falco on a few neutrals and one or two counterpicks. Don't waste your time and energy; just pick Fox and win.

.Marik

is a social misfit
Yoshi does suck, lol.

But I love him anyways. <3

And Metatitan, get *****.

I saw the thread, and everyone seemed to think he was something amazing. But I never actually watched the video yet, so I can't make assumptions.

Sounds legit though.

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW SNAP

Myyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy nado breaks all the chars on the board
and they're like, "It's better than yours"
My MK; it's better than yours
I could gimp you
but I'd have to chaaaaaaaaaaarge

Metatitan

Smash Master
Armada plays melee depster and he's amazing at it. People who are amazing at melee tend to be good at brawl too. The video just screamed that zudenka wasn't playing opponents who were adjusting (I mean he 2 stocked a falco on FD, that's fishy).

And shiri it's okay if I'm negative because that means I'm probably right. We are dealing with a hopeless character here :). I probably post about as much negativity as you post useless spam, which IMO is hysterical considering you're a mod :D

Also nice song (for realz, I enjoyed it)

Green_Ace

Smash Apprentice
Don't get me wrong, Zudenka's pretty good and all, but you're definitely overhyping him. The combo vid was fun to watch, and if I didn't know better, I'd herald him as the best yoshi I've ever seen. However, knowing yoshi's limitations, and watching the opponents in the vid, I can safely say that he was doing seemingly impossible things against really bad opponents. Nobody should be falling for what he does THAT MUCH at a competitive level. Like at 4:40 when the olimar just stands there and eats the dsmash, the Ike trying to sideB out of a bair... and other stuff I'm too lazy to list. Usually, if you try to jump at someone and fair, it doesn't work. Also, there were absolutely no MK players in the combo vid. I don't believe I saw any character higher on the tier list than Falco in the footage.

Really don't want to sound mean, but I'm backing Meta up on this. The opponents were really bad, failed to adapt well, and it's the truth.

Just my 2 cents.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Ace posting on the Yoshi boards? Something substantial even?

GAIZ THE WORLD IS GONNA END. GOGOGOGOGOGO.

But yeah, Zudenka's not THAT good. He's fun to watch, but not incredible.

And Yoshi can too go somewhere. Dun lie Meta. >_>

D

Deleted member

Meta's just disgruntled that he cant beat anyone decent wiht low tiers.
Which is fine i guess.
Thats why he mains pika now.

Also shiri, yoshi vs falcon is pretty even imo, combos off the hizzy.

Top Bottom