• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

YGD - As the snow melts, the mighty Dinosaur rises once more!

Best Yoshi Attack

• Total voters

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
If the Yushee's really want to get into stage discussion again, here's the thread.

Yoshi Stage Discussion Also the OP needs some cleaning and other stuff needed, Throw in the ideas.
Just better then making another thread when one already exists at the bottom of the Yoshi Boards.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Yoshi has good capabilities on every stage, the only thing that really affects where you'll be CPing to is your opponent.

For example, Yoshi is actually good on Brinstar. Will took me there and I flew around the stage and had no problem fighting there at all. But Will mains DK. Orion took me there in crews one time and I had nearly no options. He mains MK.

Make sure you CP according to your opponent's character, it matters a lot.

Depster

Smash Champion
Yoshi has good capabilities on every stage, the only thing that really affects where you'll be CPing to is your opponent.

For example, Yoshi is actually good on Brinstar. Will took me there and I flew around the stage and had no problem fighting there at all. But Will mains DK. Orion took me there in crews one time and I had nearly no options. He mains MK.

Make sure you CP according to your opponent's character, it matters a lot.
QFT

That's another reason that Yoshi is underrated, he doesn't really have any bad stages.

Well, PS1 sucks really bad because of the ledges grabbing you, but that may just be something I need to work on.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Dep, Ive had that happen to me but then i wavebounce an egg back and it grabs everytime (unless youve used like, all of your eggs)

Yikarur

Smash Master
If the Yushee's really want to get into stage discussion again, here's the thread.

Yoshi Stage Discussion Also the OP needs some cleaning and other stuff needed, Throw in the ideas.
Just better then making another thread when one already exists at the bottom of the Yoshi Boards.
I don't like bumping old threads, if we go into this again we should start all over again imo.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
[3:24:58 AM] Deltacod: Yo nightcrawler
[3:25:38 AM] Firefly: you called?
[3:26:23 AM] Deltacod: Just checking to see if you'd respond to that
[3:26:24 AM] Deltacod: =D
[3:26:30 AM] Firefly: hell yeah
[3:26:42 AM] Firefly: all i can do these days is crawl the night

Airborne

Smash Lord
QFT

That's another reason that Yoshi is underrated, he doesn't really have any bad stages.

Well, PS1 sucks really bad because of the ledges grabbing you, but that may just be something I need to work on.
That's ya gotta airdodge or throw an aerial or something, brah.... jk, just treat the stage like FD and make sure you don't get too close to the ledge when recovering low.

Dep, Ive had that happen to me but then i wavebounce an egg back and it grabs everytime (unless youve used like, all of your eggs)
Interesting....

[3:24:58 AM] Deltacod: Yo nightcrawler
[3:25:38 AM] Firefly: you called?
[3:26:23 AM] Deltacod: Just checking to see if you'd respond to that
[3:26:24 AM] Deltacod: =D
[3:26:30 AM] Firefly: hell yeah
[3:26:42 AM] Firefly: all i can do these days is crawl the night
PRO.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Try it, it's awesome, I believe it works on tosses 1-4. The fifth toss I think makes you lose too much heighth but I'm not sure. I'll try and test it today

Sharky

Smash Master
people aren't letting me time them out on aib ladder, I am disappoint.

edit: I just realized we have potentially 10 yoshis going to Apex.

CBR'S ALL AROUND BABY!!!

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Try it, it's awesome, I believe it works on tosses 1-4. The fifth toss I think makes you lose too much heighth but I'm not sure. I'll try and test it today
I totally just remembered I have a vid with me doing that last year: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGBrFN66Ehg&feature=youtube_gdata_player#t=1m01s

It's at around 1:05-1:10. I was just messing around trying to grab the ledge and I got stuck.

After watching that vid I remember all of the many habits and lack of mix ups I had :laugh:

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
I got third in doubles after being sent to loser's first round, teaming with Allied. We did Yoshi/Wario. We beat a bunch of high level players and only got 10 dollars each out of it. -.-

Beat my Snakeee/ZSS curse in singles, then continued my Malcolm curse (0-3 with him in sets now), and then got Metagayed and Sakurai'd so hard in losers that I left the venue for 40 minutes and actually threw my controller at my feet. There were 30 entrants, so I'm just gonna assume I perpetuated the 17th curse.

Edit for Skype related discussions:

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
Oh Delta, your images are always hilarious.

I'm so glad we had a bro talk last night.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
I've stated it in the SA thread, but yeah.. not like it's peoples duty to check every single thread. But I hate screencaps with just text slapped on it. I really don't find that funny.
Though i guess Youtube Captions sorta count, but it's mostly cause of them having terrible transcribing skills, And I sorta accept images that're editted ATLEAST a small bit with text. if it's just a plain screencap and text, **** that it's not funny at all.

I didn't get in the BBR, Though i'm sorta glad I didn't. I feel i'm not ready for both skill, and well structured arguements/write-ups on things. Maybe by the 4th one i'll be a more better player by then.

P.S. - Jack Daniels 4 Shots + 5 hours of sleep = Massive Headache. Maybe I should drink something less strong next time.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Oh Delta, your images are always hilarious.

I'm so glad we had a bro talk last night.
Celes made the first one.

And I'm glad too. Feeling MUCH better about stuff now.:)

Also, congrats on making BBR!

I've stated it in the SA thread, but yeah.. not like it's peoples duty to check every single thread. But I hate screencaps with just text slapped on it. I really don't find that funny.
Though i guess Youtube Captions sorta count, but it's mostly cause of them having terrible transcribing skills, And I sorta accept images that're editted ATLEAST a small bit with text. if it's just a plain screencap and text, **** that it's not funny at all.
They're funnier if you understand the context of the original picture. A LOT funnier.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
I figured that, considering I've only seen the movie once (and the other two at least 4 times).

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
So guys, since we all know yoshi is movin up to mid tier next tier list, I'm thinking about picking up bowser for low tiers (even though I already second Mario and third jiggs).

Yikarur

Smash Master
they have yet to accept me, I got the PM, I applied in userCP but they didn't add me yet. (I hope the system isn't malfunctioning again, I had to wait a full month to get into the SmashLab xD)

oh and of course I keep my cyan.

Top Bottom