• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Xbox

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
As good as the system is, 360 has always suffered out of lack of IPs. Sony has more, but really both companies have few good ones. Nintendo is the only one that has more successful IPs than everyone. Which is why I always buy nintendo stuff on launch, always. :D

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I don't think Nintendo has "successful" IPs as much as the most notable ones. I mean, how long have Mario, Zelda, and DK been around? Since we were in diapers? With that being said, it's obvious that Zelda and Mario do the heavy lifting for their consoles, while the other guys get neglected for the most part >_>.

Seriously, my mom has never played video games her entire life and knows who Mario is as opposed to a guy like Nathan Drake or Master Chief.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Mario was created in 1981. That's before I was born... I can't imagine many people here much older than me.

I'd say Mario is successful. It still sells well, and it's sales aren't simply because "Mario" is slapped on it. They truly release great Mario games.

By selling well, I mean releasing a Mario game on a dying system immediately bringing it to the top

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Yeah, but look at it this way. I had no say in what console I bought when I was young, and my parents got me a SNES because of Mario. He's just that universal icon parents and kids look too. The same can be said for every person who has grown out of touch with gaming, because at one point, they held a Mario game in their hands. It wasn't because they wanted it...it's not like they went to a review site and said "Gee! This is a great game to buy!" It's their parents that made the decision.

Indirectly speaking, all these soccer moms and casuals that bought the Wii, probably bought New Super Mario Bros outside of Wii Fit and what not.

sakuraZaKi

The Ultimate Sore Loser ♡
I'm filling in for my mom at the inn we run~
NNID
taeZaKi
3DS FC
3754-7545-6675
Hey, guys I'm having problems connecting to LIVE. When I test the connection, I can access the network and internet, but LIVE fails every time.

What's funny is that a friend of mine is also having the same problem. We're using Verizon FiOS.

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
Hey, guys I'm having problems connecting to LIVE. When I test the connection, I can access the network and internet, but LIVE fails every time.

What's funny is that a friend of mine is also having the same problem. We're using Verizon FiOS.
I occasionally have problems like that too, usually fixes itself in a few hours..

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
So the 360 has more life in it still because it has a crappy add on toy for the console? M$ needs a new console by this point IMO, but honestly I don't give a **** either way M$ can fail for all I care

:phone:

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Well, they are making some console that is expected to be "five times greater".

But nah, what they should really do is make a portable video game device.
But I'm afraid it won't happen, won't it? Because it looks like it's the only way to expand more interest in other people.

Hot_ArmS

Smash Hero
maybe they don't wanna risk a handheld, theyre doing fine as it is right now

Sony was doing great with the ps2 then it tried to make a handheld and got some criticism for it

F8AL

Banned via Warnings

Have you tried disconnecting from your wireless network, then re-entering the password and re-connecting? You should also check the XBL status page and try again later!

So the 360 has more life in it still because it has a crappy add on toy for the console? M$ needs a new console by this point IMO, but honestly I don't give a **** either way M$ can fail for all I care

I don't think we'll see the announcement of the "Xbox 720" till 2014 tbh.

But I'm afraid it won't happen, won't it? Because it looks like it's the only way to expand more interest in other people.
Bad idea, it would prolly RROD in 5 minutes and take 100 AA batteries. :troll:

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion

Wut? So you're saying instead of making a console that is 5 times better than the predecessor, they should risk making a handheld, a market in which even Nintendo doesn't completely dominate due to Smartphones anymore and Sony is pretty much struggling with the Vita right now. A Microsoft handheld would be the worst move they could do right now.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Wut? So you're saying instead of making a console that is 5 times better than the predecessor, they should risk making a handheld, a market in which even Nintendo doesn't completely dominate due to Smartphones anymore and Sony is pretty much struggling with the Vita right now. A Microsoft handheld would be the worst move they could do right now.
^
This.

I don't think we'll ever see a Microsoft handheld, cause we all know how bad they are with the quality of their hardware.

I'm not interested in a portal version of Halo, Gears or CoD. I'll stick to playing those games at home.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Pretty sure they will announce 720 at this E3, but won't release it until 2013. With that being said, MS is trying to make Kinect applicable to everything they do...most recent rumors talking about incorporating it into Windows 8. I'm guessing they are thinking just basic tasks, but it could help PC gaming to some extent.

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
Pretty sure they will announce 720 at this E3, but won't release it until 2013. With that being said, MS is trying to make Kinect applicable to everything they do...most recent rumors talking about incorporating it into Windows 8. I'm guessing they are thinking just basic tasks, but it could help PC gaming to some extent.
I think serious pc gamers will care about the kinect as much as serious xbox 360 gamers did. In other words they won't give a crap.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
I recall reading this article recently that some big shot at Microsoft said it won't be making an announcement/appearance at E3 2012. I'd say it's most likely for E3 2013.

I think serious pc gamers will care about the kinect as much as serious xbox 360 gamers did. In other words they won't give a crap.
Doesn't matter, it's sold great. Unlike the PS Move. :smirk:

SangfroidWarrior

Smash Journeyman
I've broken 5 microsoft brand wired headsets in the past 3 years and I just broke my sixth. I've been debating about upgrading and maybe getting the Turtle Beach x12 but I was wondering if it was worth the price or if there was a better headset to get. I just need something durable and easily movable and I'm at a loss. Any help?

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
IMO get some turtle beaches only if you are really concerned about your audio, comfort, and if you play games where you need to sound ***** like CoD or something.

So far I've gone through two turtlebeaches, which I only got the second one because it was my birthday. The first one I got, my PX21s are very good and lasted me a year with decent enough audio before I switched. My new headsets, the MW3 Bravo ones (or PX3s) are also very good headsets that are wireless and light enough that you'll barely notice them on your head, with just as good comfort as the PX21s if not better

But if all you want is just a cheap mic to talk to people and that's it, then go with some other brand of mic's, or get a new M$ headset if that's all you're really concerned about :/

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
I've gone through two official Microsoft wired headsets. They both broke. Now I'm using an old pair of X1's.

SangfroidWarrior

Smash Journeyman
How are they breaking? That sounds rather unusual unless they are not meant to be durable.
Multiple ways. Mostly the plastic on them breaks but I just put duct tape on them then. I've had to replace them because the connector to the controller snapped in half once (my dog stepped on it) or, more often than not and like my recent one, I just stop being able to hear people, although they can still hear me.

I'm not really set on having good sound quality, although it would be an added bonus for people to be able to hear me when I'm not yelling into the mic, especially since I have a naturally quiet voice. I just want something that will last for a good amount of time.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Then get some turtle beaches. If you really have no objection to a better sound quality, then I don't see why not. If you want something that's reasonably cheap and less than hundred dollars, try PX21s. I think those costed me like 70 or 80$ for Christmas 2 years ago. They're pretty durable (though a cup fell out of place, but I just glued it on back with super glue and it worked great afterwards) considering that I used to use those nearly every day when I got home from school in sessions of like 5-7 hours before I turned my Xbox off. They're also great if you want to use something for the PS3 and PC too since it's compatible with those

yani

Smash Lord
I've went through about 5 or 6 headsets, my brother now has a wireless one, which I'm not a fan of.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
I'm fine with wired headsets, don't really see a need to get a wireless one tbh...

Oh and for the ME3 demo, you don't need gold to DL it or play the online co-op till the game is out.

SangfroidWarrior

Smash Journeyman
I do prefer wired ones over wireless. The wireless kind of hurt my ear and it annoys me how I have to not only charge the batteries in my controller but charge the headset as well. And this was simply while I was at a friend's house playing L4D online. One of the reasons I've never bought one.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
IMO M$ should name it the Xbox "Youre a moron and you'll buy our product and praise it even though it has a million defects anywyays"

I'm pretty sure 12 year olds are gonna buy it anyways even if it got that name

Top Bottom