• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Xbox

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
You know what I don't get?! Everyone gets banned for modding avatars, but I don't see anyone getting banned for actually modding video games.

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
It's fine as long as you don't play online.
I'm not saying I wanna mode avatars. What I'm saying is I think xbox live enforcement should be banning people who mod call of duty and other games rather than people that just mod their avatars.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
What's wrong with modding avatars? Sounds like a cool idea. Unless of course it's not appropriate.
Because it's against the TOS which you agree to when you sign up for XBL.

Yeah, remember that one time you were banned for like a month after one complaint and they said their robots were always right? :troll:

:phone:
It was actually for two weeks, my good sir. :glare:

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I figure it would be against the TOS, but it seems a bit silly imo. Granted I don't have an X-Box, so I wouldn't know what goes on. However, the possibilities of what kinda avatars you can have seem endless.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Because it's against the TOS which you agree to when you sign up for XBL.

It was actually for two weeks, my good sir. :glare:
I wish I'd've been banned too though. I would've gone nuts with the free 15$ they compensated to you with Sonic games. I would've gone and DL'd Sonic 3 & Knuckles and Sonic 2 or something

Oh well.

And TOS's are ****ing stupid. Nobody ever reads that **** and don't know what they're agreeing to because the TOS is always 10 pages long using a ****ton of legal terms only lawyers understand and a bunch of redundant ****

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
I wish I'd've been banned too though. I would've gone nuts with the free 15$ they compensated to you with Sonic games. I would've gone and DL'd Sonic 3 & Knuckles and Sonic 2 or something

Oh well.

And TOS's are ****ing stupid. Nobody ever reads that **** and don't know what they're agreeing to because the TOS is always 10 pages long using a ****ton of legal terms only lawyers understand and a bunch of redundant ****
That's the point. So if you try and sue them for something, they can just pull out the TOS and say that you agreed to the whole thing. Every console has a TOS.

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
Hey so has anyone ever seen the weird avatars with the ghoulish teeth that stretch across the entire face? Are those modded avatars?

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Now Microsoft Wants to Stop You Taking Them to Court

http://kotaku.com/5865797/now-microsoft-wants-to-stop-you-taking-them-to-court

Sony was the first company to introduce a "no sue" clause as part of its terms of service in September, and was swiftly followed by Electronic Arts. Now Microsoft and its Xbox 360 are in on the act.

What this means is that if something happens to Xbox Live or the Xbox 360 in general, you can't sue Microsoft. Nor can you join in a class action suit targeting Microsoft.

Before you say "what good would lawsuits do anyway?", remember, it was an avalanche of class action suits that helped prompt Microsoft to fess up to the "Red Ring of Death" issue with the Xbox 360 and offer extended warranties.
Note that this move only affects residents of the United States. Those outside the US can carry on as usual. For Americans who want to do something about the new terms, there is a way out. So long as you contact Microsoft within thirty days of singing the new terms of service agreement, you can be exempt from this new clause. You'll need to contact them in writing, by mailing:

Microsoft Corporation, ATTN: LCA ARBITRATION, One Microsoft Way, Redmond, WA 98052-6399
UPDATE - American readers are letting us know that in several states the matter of whether these kind of agreements are even legal is up for debate. Illinois, for example, has ruled that consumers must always be given the right to pursue legal action in a court of law, while Ohio and New Mexico are currently investigating the same matter.
Good thing I live in Canada, I can still sue them. :awesome:

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Yeah, I was gonna ask if it's even legal to prohibit being taken to court. I'm sure Sony and Microsoft have their share of lawyers, but it still sounds fishy.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
On American soils, there's just about nothing the people can do to corporate america.

So yes. It's legal if they say it is.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
sw96, if you're not going to contribute something worthwhile to the discussion, then please do not post.

SwampertTheGreat

Smash Ace
xbox 360 sucks bro
The coolest of all stories.

Giant rumor going around about the 720 having a anti-used games system. Saying it will apparently lock that game to your profile. I somehow doubt this since it would stop things like lending a game to a friend

SwampertTheGreat

Smash Ace
xbox 360 sucks bro
The coolest of all stories.

Giant rumor going around about the 720 having a anti-used games system. Saying it will apparently lock that game to your profile. I somehow doubt this since it would stop things like lending a game to a friend

Top Bottom