• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Xbox

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
There's no way that can happen. If not, then giant companies like gamestop will lose money based off the fact that their source of money comes from used games.

EDIT:

And not only that, but game rental companies like GameFly would take a massive hit and possibly go broke since all they do is circulate used games for people to try out

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
I just read about that on IGN. One thing I don't like about this is what if someone hacks your gamertag that has the rights to all of these games you bought and you can't play them anymore because of it? If they were tied only to your console, then hacking someone's gamertag wouldn't be as much of an issue unless there's a credit card number on it. But if the rights to the games you buy are stored on your gamertag I might not even buy the next xbox.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Care to explain?
I'm just saying a lot of people will be having the same sentiments as you. But I also get the feeling this will be one of those things that aren't advertised and you find out once you buy the thing. Overall, I don't think MS is THAT stupid.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
I just read about that on IGN. One thing I don't like about this is what if someone hacks your gamertag that has the rights to all of these games you bought and you can't play them anymore because of it? If they were tied only to your console, then hacking someone's gamertag wouldn't be as much of an issue unless there's a credit card number on it. But if the rights to the games you buy are stored on your gamertag I might not even buy the next xbox.
Gotta love DRM, eh?

well thats my opion.
Thanks for sharing, your opinion is duly noted.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
This whole this is hilarious. Game developers/companies think they are entitled to TWO purchases. Laughable. Greediness at it's finest.

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/121/1217310p1.html

I plan on skipping the XBOX 720 solely because of that.

Most games that come out on it probably will be on the PC as well
While this policy does sound pretty bad, it is just a rumor, for all we know it'll never happen. However, you are right about most of the 360 games being on the pc. The main problem I've always had with the 360 is that there aren't many exclusives.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
While this policy does sound pretty bad, it is just a rumor, for all we know it'll never happen. However, you are right about most of the 360 games being on the pc. The main problem I've always had with the 360 is that there aren't many exclusives.
This late in the generation, exclusives don't matter as much.

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
Actually I realized that having video game rights tied to console is a bad idea too because if you get the red ring, then you're screwed. So this "no used games" crap hopefully isn't true.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
They could very well make it like PC games were there is a long code you have to register on your account...

That way you can play the same game on different systems as long as they are tied to the same account or something

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
i dont think microsoft cares, im sure theyd rather be the ones getting the money than gamestop/gamefly
Yes they do, it's not like they're going to be helping their own cause by torpedoing the videogame market. What's the point of ****ing up the market you're trying to sell in?

In any case, I don't feel people will buy the next Xbox en masse possibly the PS too because ultimately all they are doing is making inferior PCs.

Like really that's basically PS3 and Xbox 360 were upon release, RELEASE. Honestly I hope they have something special brewing because I don't want to see the console market fade away, if they continue this trend they're just going to make consoles redundant.

Also don't start buy saying 360 is not an inferior PC, because that's exactly what it is. Thankfully it has a console exclusive or two, but basically after plugging my 360 controller into my laptop I have a 360 that can actually handle 1080p native and play games with more impressive graphical effects.

It also does everything a pc does, which a console doesn't.

I used to hate people who would be all PC > console because to me that didn't hold water considering that consoles had pretty much most of the big titles as exclusives, had better controllers (keyboard/mouse not being counted as controller), and basically offered a unique experience that was rather incomparable.

This is no longer the case and so I am sad.

I suppose Nintendo is an exception to this considering all its exclusive and its ****balls weird control schemes but that can have its drawbacks, although I'm not really part of the Nintendo y u turn ur backs on us bandwagon.

I do hope Sony fails next generation though, they are the only company I honestly dislike. I like them in other fields of electronics, but not in videogames. :/

Edit: Wow that was a very long ramble.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I honestly want to see the console market fade and disappear.

They way things are being handled is, well, crooked business and will ultimately run the market into the dirt.

With prices of games rising (estimated $69.99 games for XBox 720 atm) and with micro transactions and online passes, I feel consumers will just simply get fed up.

The affordability of PCs now, with the combination of Steam just makes it seem that much more viable especially considering all that is going on with consoles and their extended life cycles (we should have had the new consoles by now, honestly).

I want to see it burn, to see it rise anew. Better. As it once had before.

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
Yes they do, it's not like they're going to be helping their own cause by torpedoing the videogame market. What's the point of ****ing up the market you're trying to sell in?

In any case, I don't feel people will buy the next Xbox en masse possibly the PS too because ultimately all they are doing is making inferior PCs.

Like really that's basically PS3 and Xbox 360 were upon release, RELEASE. Honestly I hope they have something special brewing because I don't want to see the console market fade away, if they continue this trend they're just going to make consoles redundant.

Also don't start buy saying 360 is not an inferior PC, because that's exactly what it is. Thankfully it has a console exclusive or two, but basically after plugging my 360 controller into my laptop I have a 360 that can actually handle 1080p native and play games with more impressive graphical effects.

It also does everything a pc does, which a console doesn't.

I used to hate people who would be all PC > console because to me that didn't hold water considering that consoles had pretty much most of the big titles as exclusives, had better controllers (keyboard/mouse not being counted as controller), and basically offered a unique experience that was rather incomparable.

This is no longer the case and so I am sad.

I suppose Nintendo is an exception to this considering all its exclusive and its ****balls weird control schemes but that can have its drawbacks, although I'm not really part of the Nintendo y u turn ur backs on us bandwagon.

I do hope Sony fails next generation though, they are the only company I honestly dislike. I like them in other fields of electronics, but not in videogames. :/

Edit: Wow that was a very long ramble.
I agree on the 360 being like an inferior PC since it has barely any exclusives. However, the PS3 does have a good number of exclusives. Also I'm not a PS3 fanboy, I don't even own the console, but from what I've heard, it has a good number of exclusives. The fact that the 360 has barely any exclusives is pretty unfortunate, I may choose a different console next gen because of this. Or I might buy a gaming PC (unfortunately I have no clue how or where to get an affordable one).

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I don't see the console market dying anytime soon. What with consoles also holding other forms of media (bluray, DVD, "apps" like Netflix, Hulu, ESPN) AND the fact the consumer will always look for an easy way to play games. I mean, I COULD build myself a PC or invest in one already made, but I would rather shell out some money and be happy for 5 years.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
I agree on the 360 being like an inferior PC since it has barely any exclusives. However, the PS3 does have a good number of exclusives. Also I'm not a PS3 fanboy, I don't even own the console, but from what I've heard, it has a good number of exclusives. The fact that the 360 has barely any exclusives is pretty unfortunate, I may choose a different console next gen because of this. Or I might buy a gaming PC (unfortunately I have no clue how or where to get an affordable one).
The 360 has exclusives...

I don't see the console market dying anytime soon. What with consoles also holding other forms of media (bluray, DVD, "apps" like Netflix, Hulu, ESPN) AND the fact the consumer will always look for an easy way to play games. I mean, I COULD build myself a PC or invest in one already made, but I would rather shell out some money and be happy for 5 years.
I'd rather plop down $500 and be good for several years.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
^ Microsoft has far less Exclusives than any other gaming console. Sad but true.

Also, PC will always be better in power, now adays I use my handhelds/ps3/wii for exclusives, and then use my pc for games like Skyrim, Batman, etc. because they look/run so much better.

60~80 FPS > 32 :D

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
^ Microsoft has far less Exclusives than any other gaming console. Sad but true.

Also, PC will always be better in power, now adays I use my handhelds/ps3/wii for exclusives, and then use my pc for games like Skyrim, Batman, etc. because they look/run so much better.

I'd like to think that the quality of the exclusives outshine the quantity.

I hope all games next gen run in REAL HD! (Not that fake crap like Halo 3...)

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion

This. Also Tim, idk about the quality of Microsoft's exclusives. I mean these days all Microsofts has is Halo and Gears. While Halo is good, Gears is the biggest pile of glitches ever made. Though I haven't played a whole lot of Forza, so maybe that's a good series. Anyway, my point is, next gen, consoles that end up having more exclusives will seem more appealing than a console with a lower number of exclusives.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Hmm true, but even then (I'm not really an owner of 360) I can't think of hardly any IPs outside of Alan Wake and Halo. I agree Quality > Quanity, I dlislike most of Sony's IPs.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
This. Also Tim, idk about the quality of Microsoft's exclusives. I mean these days all Microsofts has is Halo and Gears. While Halo is good, Gears is the biggest pile of glitches ever made. Though I haven't played a whole lot of Forza, so maybe that's a good series. Anyway, my point is, next gen, consoles that end up having more exclusives will seem more appealing than a console with a lower number of exclusives.
Halo, Gears, Fable, Forza and exclusives on the XBLA make the 360 a good choice.

Exclusives only make a good impact during the first few years, Microsoft doesn't really need anymore first party exclusives during it's 6th year. As long as they can secure stuff like timed exclusivity for the CoD series, then Sony is doomed to remain 3rd this gen. (Next gen is starting by the end of this year anyways w/the Wii U. Sony lost.)

Hmm true, but even then (I'm not really an owner of 360) I can't think of hardly any IPs outside of Alan Wake and Halo. I agree Quality > Quanity, I dlislike most of Sony's IPs.
I hate most of Sony's IPs. I dislike Resistance and Killzone. Only stuff I like is MGS, Uncharted and LBP.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
It will always be in my heart. Eff MG Rising.

To be honest, I really don't see my interest holding in any of the 360 exclusives. Aside from third party games going either way, that's why I prefer the PS3, because it can attract a variety of an audience.

Exclusives I've either rented or bought...

Demon's Souls
God of War
Uncharted
LBP
Infamous
MGS4
Dead Nation
Heavy Rain
Ratchet and Clank
Valkyria Chronicles

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
The only Fable game that is exclusive to the 360 is Fable II. The first and 3rd are also on the PC, so I don't think they count.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
MGS is not a Sony IP.
My bad.

It will always be in my heart. Eff MG Rising.

To be honest, I really don't see my interest holding in any of the 360 exclusives. Aside from third party games going either way, that's why I prefer the PS3, because it can attract a variety of an audience.

Exclusives I've either rented or bought...

Demon's Souls
God of War
Uncharted
LBP
Infamous
MGS4
Dead Nation
Heavy Rain
Ratchet and Clank
Valkyria Chronicles
I mainly bought a 360 for Halo and XBL.

The only Fable game that is exclusive to the 360 is Fable II. The first and 3rd are also on the PC, so I don't think they count.
Gears of War, Halo 2, Alan Wake...shall I go on?

MysteryRevengerson

IT'S A MYSTERY TO ALL
I've never been too interested in anyone's exclusives really, but that's because a lot of them aren't my type of game. (SHOOOOTIIIIIIIING)

Not even gonna lie, most of the exclusives of anything I play are Nintendo's but I guess they don't really count, do they? :v

Either way, from the sounds of what's been popping up, I can't say I'm too interested in the new Xbox. I've always played fighters on PS3 (since that's what my sticks are FOR) and there's nothing exclusive-wise on sony or microsoft's part that I really want.

Top Bottom