• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Xbox

_gold_

Smash Master
I find it sad that my main reason for getting an Xbone would be Rare Replay...a collection of old Rare games...

I think that says something about...well, something.
By the end of the year, the Xbone will have a nice catalog of games. There's nothing else that interests you?

Tali vas Normandy

Smash Apprentice
Finally getting around to playing killer instinct because of Rash. Was really expecting to use just to play it to just try him out it.

But I'm actually learning how to play it quite well. I also got intrest in some of the characters.

D

Deleted member

Hmm, I used to own a 360 from late 2011 to mid-2013. It was a nice console for what it was, to be honest. Played Sonic Unleashed + Generations, MvC3 (non-Ultimate), and the Banjo-Tooie "remake". And last but not least, a couple game demos. Ultimately, I took the decision to sell it to a pawn shop, as there were no other games that interested me or caught my attention. Still, I regard my time with it as one of the best I've had in a while.. this coming from a guy who has grown up with Nintendo systems.

Probably won't be buying an Xbox One (or the other competing console for that matter), but I'm pretty sure it has better games.

_gold_

Smash Master
Probably won't be buying an Xbox One (or the other competing console for that matter), but I'm pretty sure it has better games.
That's not entirely true... yet. I think it's safe to say the console has enough games to support itself, and worth buying if you're into it, but the 360 has a vast collection of outstanding games. I still view last gen consoles as having the advantage in that category. That's not to say there's no hope for them, cause next gen consoles are still getting on their feet in my opinion. That's why I can't wait for backwards compatibility to come to Xbone. Relive the memories, you know?

SurrealBrain

Smash Cadet
That's true. I tend to keep my consoles, though, and my 360 still works, but at least the option will be there.

Also, why do I keep forgetting about Killer Instinct?

_gold_

Smash Master
Here's a question. So I'm sure all of you know backwards compatibility will be a feature on Xbox One this November. That's great and all, but will Xbox Live still work for the 360 games? I'm just using this game as an example, but Halo Reach. Will I be able to hop into matchmaking still; or for that matter, can I connect with the 360 servers? Like, for those still playing Halo Reach on their 360's, will I be able to connect to their game, using backwards compatibility from my Xbone?

Not sure if this has been confirmed yet from Microsoft. Anybody have any information on that?

Last edited:

Tali vas Normandy

Smash Apprentice
Yeah you can.
It'll be like you are playing the actually 360 game itself. You'll even be to use the old dashboard and all its capabilities, such as parties and whatnot.

Grizzmeister

Smash Lord
NNID
Grizzster
I wish Microsoft offered free XBL Gold privileges on the 360. I miss being able to play Super Street Fighter IV: AE on-line. :ohwell:

Last edited:

Saucen

Bruh
NNID
FangMaGuoLai
My XBone has been collecting dust but Metal Gear Solid 5 gonna change that. Game looks soooooo hype.

_gold_

Smash Master
My XBone has been collecting dust but Metal Gear Solid 5 gonna change that. Game looks soooooo hype.
The same could be said for many of the games coming out this year (Rise of the Tomb Raider), but MGS5 definitely does look intriguing.

Saucen

Bruh
NNID
FangMaGuoLai
The same could be said for many of the games coming out this year (Rise of the Tomb Raider), but MGS5 definitely does look intriguing.
If online FoB invasions are half as good as the ones we've seen from expo gameplay vids, the game will be worth it. I'm a HUGE fan of 1v1 invasion type pvp.

(Buddha)

The Old Chap
NNID
Buddhamitsu
3DS FC
0920-2087-1604
I kind of dont like Xbox one. Its so weird. All of these apps were made to be on it, and they just crash or lag. I really am just interested in Rare Replay and Cup head for right now.

Grizzmeister

Smash Lord
NNID
Grizzster
I kind of dont like Xbox one. Its so weird. All of these apps were made to be on it, and they just crash or lag. I really am just interested in Rare Replay and Cup head for right now.
I want to play Rare Replay for Killer Instinct Gold but I don't own a XB1. I went with the PS4 instead. Hopefully Rare Replay will get released on the Xbox 360 eventually.

_gold_

Smash Master
I head talk about X box Original compatibility.
Yeah, that was me. I was just wondering if the multiplayer will still work with backwards compatibility games. I tweeted Xbox and they replied back to me and confirmed multiplayer is possible.

Last edited:

(Buddha)

The Old Chap
NNID
Buddhamitsu
3DS FC
0920-2087-1604
Yeah, that was me. I was just wondering if the multiplayer will still work with backwards compatibility games. I tweeted Xbox and they replied back to me and confirmed multiplayer is possible.
Conker live and reloaded hype!

SphericalCrusher

Hardcore Gamer
NNID
SphericalCrusher
3DS FC
1118-0223-8931
The multiplayer for Live and Reloaded was awesome, but the game itself was so so. I preferred the N64 version. I'm so happy to have the Rare Replay collection. Even though there's no XBL Multiplayer, I'll just play the traditional MP with my friends locally. I love that it's a remake of the N64 version, instead of original Xbox.

(Buddha)

The Old Chap
NNID
Buddhamitsu
3DS FC
0920-2087-1604
The multiplayer for Live and Reloaded was awesome, but the game itself was so so. I preferred the N64 version. I'm so happy to have the Rare Replay collection. Even though there's no XBL Multiplayer, I'll just play the traditional MP with my friends locally. I love that it's a remake of the N64 version, instead of original Xbox.
Oh yes. The local play has to more fun. Having chaos all around you in them is the best with friends. My personal favorite is Heist. Also, there has been talk about DLC in Rare Replay. People have been mostly voting for L&R. That would mean (Maybe Online) Live and Co. Sounds promising.

YerroBryBry

Smash Cadet
NNID
YerroBryBryy
Guys, convince me why I shouldn't sell my Xbox 1 and buy a PS4. By the way, I like street fighter quite a bit as well.

_gold_

Smash Master
Sheesh, I hate it when games get me hyped.. After the colossal failure Bungie brought forth with Destiny, I promised myself that moment, you know, to remain calm for the most part when there's a game I'm excited for that's announced. I haven't been too excited for many games lately, just nothing that really appeals to my interests. With the exception of Rise of the Tomb Raider, because I was almost certain of what Crystal Dynamics was going to bring to the table with that game. I trusted them, and they didn't disappoint.

With that being said.. ReCore has hit that nerve with me that triggers that hype. I mean, there are so many huge names behind this game that you simply cannot overlook. First off you've got Keiji Inafune who was the main illustrator of the Mega Man series during the NES and Super NES era. He is the creator of the character Zero from the Mega Man series. He was also the producer of the Onimusha, Lost Planet, and the Dead Rising series.
Secondly, you have the minds of several lead developers from Metro Studios, which worked on the Metroid Prime series which we all know and love. Mark Pacini (game director), Todd Keller (art director), and Jack Matthews (principal technology engineer) all left Metro Studios after Metroid Prime 3: Corruption and started Armature Studios. Since their inception in 2008, they've help develop a handful of games such as Injustice: Gods Among Us, Borderlands: The Handsome Collection, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate, and others.

Finally, I read some very exciting news today that really put the cherry on top. Joseph Staten, the legendary lead writer behind the Halo series since Combat Evolved, will be the lead writer for ReCore! I don't know if all of you know this, but Staten left Bungie after about a decade of working there.. maybe longer, after having his story and lore he created behind Destiny was basically scrapped by Activision about a year or so before its release. He was off the grid for some time after that all happened, and then popped back up when it was reported Microsoft hired him again. He's wrote one or two books since that time, but no one really knew what games he had been working on.. until now!

I'm telling you, ReCore has an incredible amount of potential. You have the smorgasbord of gaming legends behind it, and you can really tell Xbox wants this to be a new exclusive to their console for the long haul!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Hey everyone. It looks like Xbox 360 production has been discontinued. You can check out Phil Spencer's post here.

SG Goose

Smash Rookie
HydroJames HydroJames I think it is worth it, I upgraded from a regular Xbox One to the One S recently and while not much has really changed, I like the fact that it supports 4K gaming. I'm a graphics guy so that really appealed to me. I also like the new controller. It feels great with the new grip. I think that, like the above post said, if you want certain games, it's worth it. It's alos worth it if you don't have an Xbox yet and are looking to get on. The old ones are selling for like ~$220 so if you can afford to add in the extra $80 +tax, it's DEFINITELY worth it.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
HydroJames HydroJames I think it is worth it, I upgraded from a regular Xbox One to the One S recently and while not much has really changed, I like the fact that it supports 4K gaming. I'm a graphics guy so that really appealed to me. I also like the new controller. It feels great with the new grip. I think that, like the above post said, if you want certain games, it's worth it. It's alos worth it if you don't have an Xbox yet and are looking to get on. The old ones are selling for like ~$220 so if you can afford to add in the extra $80 +tax, it's DEFINITELY worth it.
It doesn't support 4k gaming natively. 4k is only on video streaming and bluray.

We'll have to wait for Scorpio next year for 4k gaming.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
yoooooo

does anyone here play gears 4 or halo 5? i just got an xbox one and am crazy about those games

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I have an Xbox One now, and enjoying Destiny 2. Although I now also play it on PC.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I've been an Xbox guy since Gears of War came out.

The 360/One controller design has no competition, IMO. When I have to turn on my PS4 to play an exclusive, I lament that I have to use a Dualshock to do so.

Last edited:

Nixon Corral

Southland Scion
NNID
Nixon_Corral
I've been an Xbox guy since Gears of War came out.

The 360/One controller design has no competition, IMO. When I have to turn on my PS4 to play an exclusive, I lament that I have to use a Dualshock to do so.
The XBO controller design is nice while it lasts at least. The d-pad on my first XBO controller is failing, the right bumper on my second never worked properly, and I have a friend whose XBO controller literally came out of the box without the piece inside it that actuates one of the triggers. For as much as they charge for them, I'd expect better. I hope the build quality for Series X controllers improves, because I agree it's a really great controller when it works.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I've been through about 4 total since getting the Gears Ultimate Edition bundle, only the original (that came with no mic jack) controller stills functions 100% properly.

I had ordered one only for it to start having sticky triggers/D-pad (from a lot of Overwatch), one that I was gifted had the control stick completely snap out of place (playing Soul Calibur demo, I don't recall doing much input-intensive things), and finally my newest Gears 5 special edition controller occasionally isn't detected when I am using it wireless/using rechargeable batteries (my USB is also prone to coming loose, so I basically only use it to voice chat).

I definitely went through my fair share of 360 controllers, but at that time I was sharing with my siblings/nephew, so it felt more understandable when "this controller has been dropped/spiked x amount of times, of course it doesn't work."

Not considered getting an Elite, and I'm not instantly sold on Series X, but if it's a similar quality for the default controller, it won't be doing that decision making any favors (even if historically, I'm a sucker that'll get a console for a specific series/game).

Top Bottom