• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Xbox

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Maybe. Guess that's why companies always keep hush on rumors. So you can make some changes in case the reception doesn't go well.
To be honest, if they allowed the systems to play used games, they'd be fine, Cartridges actually are dealable. People can adapt. But killing the used market only will force customers to mod their system to remove that crap.

Or not buy the system at all. Either way, Microsoft loses.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
People have been talking about consoles "dying" since last gen.

It's not going to happen.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
We are told that 3DS is a successful handheld gaming device, Compared to what Vita? Sure. Compared to iPhone? Bow down Mario. Grovel in the dirt Donkey Kong.
Come on I still seriously can't be the only one thinking here that the app market is not as a giant threat as IGN is making it out to be

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Like I said, Ios and Android may have pulled a role in luring away certain would be portable console gamers, ex-console gamers, and probably the age of those being rather young. However, it also introduced a huge number of "gamers" as well into the population. For all we know, Nintendo could have GAINED more users, but due to how many people own a smart phone, the inflation on the pie chart would show otherwise.

Airslash

Smash Journeyman
Yet, interestingly enough. There's two companies that want to expand into video gaming (Apple and Samsung).

I'm fine with that, I am very anti-Sony. All my friends Playstations break cause they can't take a hit (cant even have a controller dropped on them). I'm more than happy with the Xbox, I've owned a PS3 but my 360 outlasted it. Yet my 360 was left on for a week, and it's survived at least a one foot drop. Lol.

Hot_ArmS

Smash Hero
Wtf kinda dimension do you live in for that to happen lol

My xbox just broke (luckily it's my bday in 5 days), but my roomates original model ps3 is a brick that things fallen off the table 100 times and he never turns it off either

:phone:

theeboredone

Smash Legend
It's kinda weird how newer technology appears more fragile physically and internally. The RROD rate at one point for 360s was 33%. Drop any of today's consoles, iphones, whatever, they break. Take an old school Nokia phone, and you can drop it off a cliff, and it would still be good.

Also, they have announced that they are gonna give Kinect to Skyrim. You'll be able to do your dragon shouts, and uh....organize better I guess. Still seems a bit useless to me.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Yeah, they have definitely improved. Though I still think new tech is more prone to breaking. I'm just gonna sit and wait a while on new consoles, before I purchase one.

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
Just bought a refirbed 360 slim to replace my long lost 360. (I never had a 360 for about 4 years now.) Deciding factors? No rrod and built in Wi-Fi.

Bought War for Cybertron to celebrate this day.
So, if anyone still plays it, then add my gamertag: RespawningJesus.

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
ive always wondered if refirbed 360's are actually good, let me know
Well, what surprised me was that this refirbed 360 was reset. So when I booted it up, it was if I had bought it brand new. (I had to go through the usual process of setting up my consoles settings through some nifty quick start process that is unavoidable.)

Right now, I have run into no problems. It wasn't hot after a long gaming session, it is quiet like it is supposed to, etc.

I'll have to wait like a year to safely say it is worth considering if you wanna save about $20-30. If I have any problems, then the warranty I bought should help.

But so far, it feels like a new console. The casing isn't scratched, the control is brand new. (It even came with the batteries!). So it has been a good experience so far.

All I have to do us go to my friend's house, put my saves on cloud, and take home my copies of Splinter Cell Conviction and Ghost Recon Future Soldier. (Been dying to try out Ghost Recon's muktiplayer.)

Mrs. Bahamut

BRoomer
BRoomer
So I don't have an 360, but my parents do. I have no idea what game would be good for me:

I've got a 15 month old, so no violence. Something that has frequent save points so I can quickly leave it so online games might be a bad idea.

I haven't had the time to look into 360 games because Mini Baha keeps me so busy and when I walk into the game store I get all panic-y because there are all these new games I've never heard of. You turn your back for two seconds from the video game world and this happens. Sheesh!

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Xbox and no violence? Those words are so hard to mix...

For some comical violence, games like the Lego series (Batman, Harry Potter, etc) will be nice to have. Rayman Origins is a nice pick up. Got great reviews too. Banjo Kazooie and Beautiful Katamari are some games you might be interested in as well.

But hey, best to go youtube our selections and see for yourself how they play.

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
So I don't have an 360, but my parents do. I have no idea what game would be good for me:

I've got a 15 month old, so no violence. Something that has frequent save points so I can quickly leave it so online games might be a bad idea.

I haven't had the time to look into 360 games because Mini Baha keeps me so busy and when I walk into the game store I get all panic-y because there are all these new games I've never heard of. You turn your back for two seconds from the video game world and this happens. Sheesh!
You could try Minecraft and set it to peaceful setting so you don't have to fight anything.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Sonic Generations WAS awesome.

Old school tails calls Eggman "Robotnick" and Sonic eats a chili dog

If only they got Jaleel White to voice old school sonic...

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
Does anybody know if you could use an external hard drive to save game data and whatnot?

Because I really don't want to spend another $100 for the 360 hard drive when I know I could get an external hard drive that is bigger and cheaper, as well as use it for my computer.

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
Does anybody know if you could use an external hard drive to save game data and whatnot?

Because I really don't want to spend another $100 for the 360 hard drive when I know I could get an external hard drive that is bigger and cheaper, as well as use it for my computer.

Ehhh, an external hard drive isn't worth it if you are only using it for the xbox 360. Microsoft has some stupid limitation in which if you use an external hard drive or something, it only lets you use a gb or 2 or maybe even less I'm not sure. So if you're planning on buying a 1 tb hard drive just for the xbox 360, well you should definitely reconsider. Unfortunately your only options are to either buy an xbox 360 hard drive or get an xbox 360 brand flash drive.

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
Ehhh, an external hard drive isn't worth it if you are only using it for the xbox 360. Microsoft has some stupid limitation in which if you use an external hard drive or something, it only lets you use a gb or 2 or maybe even less I'm not sure. So if you're planning on buying a 1 tb hard drive just for the xbox 360, well you should definitely reconsider. Unfortunately your only options are to either buy an xbox 360 hard drive or get an xbox 360 brand flash drive.
Why do you fail so much Microsoft? Well, I need an external hard drive for my computer no matter what, so I'm going to buy one.

Looks like I'll buy a refurbished one for the 360 exclusively then, as 1-2 GB more on a massive hard drive is pathetic.

Mrs. Bahamut

BRoomer
BRoomer
Xbox and no violence? Those words are so hard to mix...

For some comical violence, games like the Lego series (Batman, Harry Potter, etc) will be nice to have. Rayman Origins is a nice pick up. Got great reviews too. Banjo Kazooie and Beautiful Katamari are some games you might be interested in as well.

But hey, best to go youtube our selections and see for yourself how they play.
Decided on Beautiful Katamari. Glad someone recommended it because I didn't see the post before purchasing it. The guy at the store said it was very similar to the original, only with better graphics. I'm glad they didn't stray away from the original too much.

Thanks all!

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
Decided on Beautiful Katamari. Glad someone recommended it because I didn't see the post before purchasing it. The guy at the store said it was very similar to the original, only with better graphics. I'm glad they didn't stray away from the original too much.

Thanks all!
What kind of game is Beautiful Katamari? I've seen some of my friends online play it before but I have no idea what genre it is.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
The remake of turtles in time probably isn't as good as the original, but it does look pretty nice and also is from XBOX live

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
Just bought a new hard drive for my 360. In the end, I recommend buying a refirbed 360 with a big hard drive already. You'll save more money that way.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
If I can't get my skin into Minecraft 360, I don't think it's worth it

Top Bottom