• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

X or Y? - PT Social

Ingoro

Smash Ace
NNID
Ingoro
Zigsta is ofcourse up to date with everything that happens in the PT boards :p therefor he knew that they never played. Those matches will be supernice to watch.

MaTA

Smash Ace
NNID
MatisElite
wait a sec, i just read the post about avatars. I think mine suits me pretty good...ehh probably not. Im still considering going to MLG Dallas though.

magik i dont know if your charizard can hang with mine...unlike ashs charizard mine listens to me :)

MaTA

Smash Ace
NNID
MatisElite
Kith i'll drive to florida and we'll go together. We'll take all the money out of our bank accounts, burn our ids and ss card, credit cards. We'll take a bus, win doubles and start new lives.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Hey guys, just as a heads up, if you plan on hosting and tournaments and you want signatures to advertise your tournaments and banners to decorate the OP for the tournament thread, just ask me and I will be more than happy to do so. I've done it before in the past and people have loved my work.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Congrats on the Mod status, Reflex. =3 <3
Thanks. I'm not really sure how it happened, but having a custom title without having to pay for it is pretty ballin'.

Plus, I HAVE THE POWERRRRRR (in the Atlantic South, anyway).

Player-3

Smash Hero
it was me not p1 he was over here and always logs onto his account

and i like pt

he's fun

is he still low tier?

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
that chart makes me chuckle every time i see it. without reflex, PT would probably be worst newcomer still.

Player-3

Smash Hero
not cool reflex i was going to use him for low tiers
oh well
btw how do you play charizard i just get ***** as him every time lol

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
So everyone says Ivy is the worst. Why is that? Her recovery?
Because everyone is bad at this game and they don't like having to work for things.

To answer your question, Rock Smash can do 45% damage, Flamethrower is a solid projectile, Charizard has an above-average grab game, and Charizard has many KO moves; these things are often on a player's mind when they think of Charizard's strengths, and few people understand what Ivysaur is capable of.

Her recovery is oftentimes better than Charizard's, actually.

FightAdamantEevee

Smash Lord
TheReflexWonder said:
Because everyone is bad at this game and they don't like having to work for things.

To answer your question, Rock Smash can do 45% damage, Flamethrower is a solid projectile, Charizard has an above-average grab game, and Charizard has many KO moves; these things are often on a player's mind when they think of Charizard's strengths, and few people understand what Ivysaur is capable of.

Her recovery is oftentimes better than Charizard's, actually.
I always thought Ivy was good because I was better with her than the other two, but when everyone said she was bad I figured I was doing something wrong with my Zard and Squirtle. I probably still am, but I just wanted to know what the deal was with the 3. Thanks for answering, and everyone else who responded.

T-block

B2B TST
Yeah Charizard's recovery is horrible in that he has a hard time getting past an edgeguarder. Ivysaur's recovery is horrible in that she often doesn't have an up-b to work with, but if they're not stealing the ledge, Ivysaur's tether makes it pretty easy to get back on.

I think one of Ivysaur's biggest weaknesses is her horrid aerial mobility, and her ground mobility isn't great either. The type of character she is would really benefit from better movement horizontally, but as it stands, a lot of characters can get in on her.

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
what is love?

flamethrower is slow and is unsafe on hit with proper SDI (if you hit up close) or will do mediocre damage if you hit mid/far (which is 'okay' if you know how to use it with minimal risk to yourself)...it doesn't do very much shield damage either with proper in shield SDI + a roll backward. the best use for it is to edgeguard certain characters and to force people to back off the ledge every once in a while by b-reversing it off the ledge

anyway it technically is a projectile, but a continuous and comparatively short ranged one at that.

Top Bottom